Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Simulating a 128-second Day for RNG

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 11 years ago by jordi marey.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
jordi marey's avatar - Lottery-039.jpg

United States
Member #17354
June 17, 2005
102 Posts
Posted: January 2, 2006, 11:08 am - IP Logged

Twenty 06

Imagine that anticipated Super Comp is now out there for anyone with the capability to access and use.  The engineer or programmer could design and program a simulated 128-second day.  Next should come a special Random Number Generator equipped with a database to capture and maintain all results as they occur every 128 seconds.  Maybe six to twelve months worth of data would be more than sufficient in order to determine If  a daily  three, four or possibly five digit lottery does have periods of order that shows positive proof and accuracy for predicting a future outcome of that lottery.

Now the arithmetic  60 sec in min for 60 min in hr x 24 hr in day equals 1440 min

1440 min in day x 60 sec  equals  86,400 sec  divided by  the 128-sec day.  675 drawings per Day for 30 days provides 20,250 for six months provides

121,500 drawings.  If the arithmetic is correct.

A weekly drawing would call for a different design
    RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19831 Posts
    Posted: January 2, 2006, 11:23 am - IP Logged

You don't need a super computer to come up with 121,500 results of a RNG. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #17354
      June 17, 2005
      102 Posts
      Posted: January 2, 2006, 11:45 am - IP Logged

tell me more and lets make it a year and a half worth of data.

o.k. but can it simulate the likeness and goings on in a 24-hour day?  You know say little miniscule  simulations of what ever seems to goven, or not, the continual winning digits in a specific lottery.

Perpetual RNG for simulating a day.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #1340
        April 6, 2003
        2450 Posts
        Posted: January 2, 2006, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

what does 128 seconds have to do with anything? I'm missing the significance...

1.5 years of data @ 675 per day is 369,563 draws (rounding up)

the trick isn't generating the random numbers, it's the logic that compares it to past history.

best bet for a first attack is states with CPU draws...

PA "magic" window should be between 1:00PM and 1:30PM (46,800 sec. and 48,600 sec., respectively)

that is where I would start generating seeds from (using values between the above ranges)...........

for x=46800 to 48600 step .01 'set loop size and counts

rnd(-1) 'reset to start of prng list (first run only)

RANDOMIZE(x) 'use known seed to start RNG process

pick=INT((1000-1+1)*rnd+1) 'pick a 3 digit and load it into pick

If pick=firstDraw 'see if it matches the first draw of the game in question

then 

print  pick " matched " firstDraw " using seed value of " x 'record ALL hits (seed hunting)

else

next x

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23275 Posts
          Posted: January 2, 2006, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

You could probably run a fairly good simulation if you knew when the lottery rebooted their RNG computers.  The reason is that many RNGs create their random seed based upon the computer's internal clock, and most of the internal clocks work like a stopwatch: they record the amount of time since they were started.  Therefore, if you were to start your computer at the precise time that the lottery started their computer, you may have a chance at creating a similar sequence of "random" numbers.  Unlikely, but possible.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #1340
            April 6, 2003
            2450 Posts
            Posted: January 2, 2006, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

I was working on the angle that they might use something simple like RANDOMIZE(TIMER), which counts the seconds since midnight of that day.

I wonder how a date, like the return value of NOW() is interpreted as an integer, that might make seed hunting easier.

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

United States
              Member #17354
              June 17, 2005
              102 Posts
              Posted: January 3, 2006, 10:38 am - IP Logged
              I saw something on 60 Minutes or some Financial Special highlighting a young former auto exec that has successfully devised some unusual computer program geared to stock trading.  This unique program simulates loads of activities that might happen/could happen in a day, month, etc.  Based on this and according to this gent it is highlysuccessful and private.  This company is located in either New Mexico or Arizona I recall it is a southwesten state.

Thinking a similar approach for 'a' 3 digit lottery would require lots of consistent and limited data.  A formula I have.  Hence the 128 sec or 2.4 min. simulated day would be the start and could provide enough results.  Seed would not matter, just continual consistentency and no interruptions.  Perpetual.

I am comp programming challenged