Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

evening results?

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Todd.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: January 6, 2006, 5:17 am - IP Logged

Yes NodThey are especially slow tonight.  The results slowed down when the daily games feature was added.  That is when I went to another site to get the results.

We no longer get the results the fastest.  Sometimes it takes up to 40 minutes before LP get the results.

It's a pain but somtimes you have to go directly to the state's website.

That's just plain wrong and unfair.  The daily results page has nothing whatsoever to do with the speed of the results here, which are normally posted within minutes of the drawings.  Go to whatever website you feel posts them quickest.

Todd,

The daily results page has made this site.. "the one stop" site for me.  It gives me everything I need here to make a buck.. You are doing a fantastic job.. and adding that page made things so much sweeter..

I am still awaiting the vtrac page. This is going to make picking winners a little easier... and from there hopefully get just a forum for vtracs..

Just wishful thinking here.

Thanks again,

TNTea

Yes NodIt took you long enough to become a paying member. 

your making yourself look like a fool.........i'm not going to hurl insults....thats your specialty.you making offensive comments toward todd,myself and tntea isn't nice either........

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23349 Posts
    Posted: January 6, 2006, 6:57 am - IP Logged

Yes NodThey are especially slow tonight.  The results slowed down when the daily games feature was added.  That is when I went to another site to get the results.

We no longer get the results the fastest.  Sometimes it takes up to 40 minutes before LP get the results. 

It's a pain but somtimes you have to go directly to the state's website.

That's just plain wrong and unfair.  The daily results page has nothing whatsoever to do with the speed of the results here, which are normally posted within minutes of the drawings.  Go to whatever website you feel posts them quickest.

Todd,

The daily results page has made this site.. "the one stop" site for me.  It gives me everything I need here to make a buck.. You are doing a fantastic job.. and adding that page made things so much sweeter..

I am still awaiting the vtrac page. This is going to make picking winners a little easier... and from there hopefully get just a forum for vtracs..

Just wishful thinking here.

Thanks again,

TNTea

tntea,

I promise that I will create a vtracs page, showing both the results and the corresponding vtracs.  I'm am guessing from my current workload that I will begin working on the backlog on site improvements (including the vtracs page) sometime in February or so.  I just wanted to let you know, because I know you've been waiting for that page for some time.  Sorry it couldn't be sooner.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8392 Posts
      Posted: January 6, 2006, 11:40 am - IP Logged

I'm so tired of people complaining about this if your so inclined to play Internet gambling sites and need updated information why not pay a service to download the results for all states directly to your PC. Then instead of complaining to Todd that the results aren't posted to your satisfaction. You could complain to the service your paying.

You could also use alternate sources of results including copying all states lottery websites to your favorites.

Now so you'll better understand how the results pages service works. When each state has a drawing some person who is responsible for updating the number information sends that information to a wire feed just like the horse racing people do and sometimes that information gets hung up, doesn't post to the services and has to be re posted. Or those people responsible don't do their job fast enough. The wire service is AP (The Associated Press) another source is lottery-data.com. If your not getting the information fast enough take some initiative and do it for yourself.

You could also get a list of lottery sites 1- 800 numbers and call them if your results aren't in as fast as you like. And remember if you do decide to buy your own lottery feed and the results aren't posted as fast as you like then you could complain to them.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23349 Posts
        Posted: January 6, 2006, 11:53 am - IP Logged

four4me,

Thanks for watching my back. 

I do want to say, however, that I take great pride in being able to say that Lottery Post has some of the best, quickest results out there.  I get seriously disturbed when things don't go right and there is a delay in posting the results.  I have no problem with people have a high level of expectation for timely and accurate results.

The thing I take issue with is a complaint that ignores the facts.  Tenaj, I love you to death, but it really gets to me that you would state that the results have been delayed after the Daily Numbers page was created.  There are a couple of reasons why I have a problem with that:

1. The Daily Numbers page is just another way to show the results.  It is completely unrelated to the speed or accuracy of the results.
        2. The speed and accuracy has constantly improved over time, rather than getting worse.  If they were getting worse I would be the first person to say so, because I am very hard on myself when it comes to that kind of thing.
        3. I have not seen any complaints from anyone about the results not being posted in a timely manner.  So for a comment to be posted which says that there has been a long-running issue that was never reported in the first place is unfair.  If you have a problem, report it.  Frankly, I don't think there is a problem, and the big reaction to the results were a bit late one evening shows that it is not something people are accustomed to.  They are used to timely and accurate results.

I want Lottery Post to be the first and only place people need to go for lottery results.  I think I have achieved that to a high degree, but I am constantly in search of ways to make it better.

I hope that by defending this site like I did above that people don't feel that they can't be open about reporting a problem.

By all means, anyone who has an issue of any type -- big or small -- please report it.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!