Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

what state has the best pick 5?

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Chewie.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: January 25, 2006, 7:56 am - IP Logged

Gerogia's Fantasy 5 would be at the top of my list if it went back to 5/35 like it originated.  Sun Smiley

I don't spend near as much $$$$$$$$$$$$ playing our 5/39 as I did the original 5/35 Fantasy 5 because it's noooooot as much fun to play.  I go weeks without spending a dollar for a play even though payouts have changed.

Virginia and Florida are getting accoladed because of lower matrices...... perhaps Georgia could take the hint .......  it's the matrix which makes the game fun to play or not.  Hello .......!!!!!!!  Sleep

i wish tennessee had a 5/35 also....they don't realize that they lose players when they raise the matrix.....

Alabama
    United States
    Member #17830
    June 27, 2005
    309 Posts
    Posted: January 25, 2006, 10:51 am - IP Logged

LOTTOMIKE said:

" wish tennessee had a 5/35 also....they don't realize that they lose players when they raise the matrix....."

I agree, Mike. But in the short term, I'd like to see TN follow GA's lead and change the payout scale so that 4/5 pays around $400 (plus or minus a few dollars);   3/5 pays around $18 (plus or minus a few dollars); and 2/5 wins a free QP. I've had a few GA F5 free QPs that have matched 3/5 in the next drawing.

I think that changing the Lotto 5 payout scale would boost ticket sales.

Given the choice between playing GA Fantasty 5 and TN Lotto 5, I'll choose GA Fantasy 5 because I have a chance of winning a bit more - even if it's just a free QP.   

( http://www.galottery.com/stc/mediacenter/pressDetail.jsp?focus=mediacenter&id=1810035 )

konane's avatar - wallace
      Atlanta, GA
      United States
      Member #1265
      March 13, 2003
      3333 Posts
      Posted: January 25, 2006, 11:15 am - IP Logged

LOTTOMIKE said:

" wish tennessee had a 5/35 also....they don't realize that they lose players when they raise the matrix....."

I agree, Mike. But in the short term, I'd like to see TN follow GA's lead and change the payout scale so that 4/5 pays around $400 (plus or minus a few dollars);   3/5 pays around $18 (plus or minus a few dollars); and 2/5 wins a free QP. I've had a few GA F5 free QPs that have matched 3/5 in the next drawing.

I think that changing the Lotto 5 payout scale would boost ticket sales.

Given the choice between playing GA Fantasty 5 and TN Lotto 5, I'll choose GA Fantasy 5 because I have a chance of winning a bit more - even if it's just a free QP.   

( http://www.galottery.com/stc/mediacenter/pressDetail.jsp?focus=mediacenter&id=1810035 )

It took a new lottery dirctor, Ms. DeFrancisco to bring about those changes.  She has listened, she has brought about constructive changes which have increased ticket sales because players seem much happier since her arrival.  Blue Angel

Before her the Georgia Lottery was absolutely inflexible and totally deaf to player input since its inception. 

Good luck to everyone!

Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: January 28, 2006, 3:23 am - IP Logged

i also wish that tennessee would pay out a free ticket or a dollar for 2 out of 5 right.....

powerplayer's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
          Member #17834
          June 28, 2005
          2083 Posts
          Posted: January 28, 2006, 3:51 am - IP Logged

I'm over here in CT...We have cash 5...it's ok use to be called Cash lotto I think..

It's 100,000 bucks doesnt' go up or down...no rollover. If 2 people hit they both get 100,000....if more then 2 or 3 hit It's divided down depending on the sales they had. Limitation due to liability.

I have never played any other state but, I would love to be able to play other states like all the ones mentioned in the thread.

A lot of people tell me cash 5 is easy got get 3 or 4 numbers. I have had 2 friends...well there parents hit 100,000 in one year. So it might be easy or just pure luck...Easyluck...LOL

PP

Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: January 28, 2006, 3:56 am - IP Logged

i tell ya one thing.i've hit 4 out of 5 a few times on lotto 5.that fifth number just won't seem to come,lol.

United States
              Member #5565
              July 11, 2004
              260 Posts
              Posted: January 29, 2006, 11:13 am - IP Logged

My paper system hit 5 out of 5 on Friday's mid-day draw.  Unfortunately,  I've only purchased tickets for one drawing last week, the result of which matched just 2.  I've been working on the system on paper for about a month in addition to the purchases.

konane's avatar - wallace
                Atlanta, GA
                United States
                Member #1265
                March 13, 2003
                3333 Posts
                Posted: January 29, 2006, 11:27 am - IP Logged

My paper system hit 5 out of 5 on Friday's mid-day draw.  Unfortunately,  I've only purchased tickets for one drawing last week, the result of which matched just 2.  I've been working on the system on paper for about a month in addition to the purchases.

Wish you all the luck in the world hitting 5 out of 5 many times with real tickets and getting paid for it!!!  Hurray!

Good luck to everyone!

Tennessee
                  United States
                  Member #7853
                  October 15, 2004
                  11338 Posts
                  Posted: January 29, 2006, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

you'll get it.hang in there........

United States
                    Member #5565
                    July 11, 2004
                    260 Posts
                    Posted: January 30, 2006, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

My paper system hit 5 out of 5 on Friday's mid-day draw. Unfortunately, I've only purchased tickets for one drawing last week, the result of which matched just 2. I've been working on the system on paper for about a month in addition to the purchases.

you'll get it.hang in there........

I matched 4 once and matched 3 twice out of 10 lines in the mid-day draw.

My system seems to work best early in the week so I've concentrated my

buys at that time. What I've noticed is that numbers tend to repeat during

the week, but on the rollover to a new week repeats tend not to occur.

Since I have to build a list of candidate numbers for selection in the draw,

it seems to work best that I refrain from buying lotto tickets when I have

too few candidates  (i.e., the probabilities favor that I'll have more misses).

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19816 Posts
                      Posted: January 30, 2006, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

I picked 20 combos using 25 numbers which had all 5 winning numbers, but the best I did was 3of5 as shown in my post for Ohio RC5 of 1/28 and on the prediction board.  Rolling Cash5 rolled and the jackpot is even bigger today so I'm giving it another try today.  Good luck to you.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                        Member #5565
                        July 11, 2004
                        260 Posts
                        Posted: January 30, 2006, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

I have 12 numbers left as likely to hit (1, 4, 8, 10, 12, 19, 20, 22, 23, 25,

28, and 30). If I was going to play the next draw, I would stack the lines

such that all of the numbers in the 20s would be represented. Each line

would have at least 2 or 3 numbers on the list ranging from 19 to 28.

Tennessee
                          United States
                          Member #7853
                          October 15, 2004
                          11338 Posts
                          Posted: January 31, 2006, 6:45 am - IP Logged

wheels these ichoro...

i have the most success with those in virginia.

United States
                            Member #5565
                            July 11, 2004
                            260 Posts
                            Posted: January 31, 2006, 9:00 am - IP Logged

If you're always going to bet the same group of numbers, you should include 3, 5, 11, 22, 26, and 27.  Those numbers occur the most frequently.  My list changes nightly but I always include lines that include numbers that have high historical frequencies.

United States
                              Member #5565
                              July 11, 2004
                              260 Posts
                              Posted: February 6, 2006, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

I hit 5 today with 6-10-15-23-33.  It looks like I have to travel down to Woodbridge which is a long haul from home, especially with the mess that's called the Springfield mixing bowl.

I've only been playing in Cash 5 for two months and journalling the selections for the better part of six weeks.  I won't know till mid-year whether this strategy appears to be viable.