Welcome Guest
You last visited October 24, 2017, 7:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Three Digit's are easy

Topic closed. 90 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Todd.

Page 2 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
paurths's avatar - underground
Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
Belgium
Member #19287
July 29, 2005
2254 Posts
Posted: January 9, 2006, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

>The doubles were the moneymakers... 

Yes.

It would be interesting to know a few more details.  Besides how casiecoco handles doubles, what about ties?  In your example from 12/12, there is a tie for 0, 7, 8, 9.  All showed up 5 times.  And how they are played? (Straight/Boxed/both)?

12/12 to 12/18

DigitHits 
 6 9
 0 5
 7 5
 8 5
 9 5

Well, i only press a button over here and the list shows up with digits and their hits. I don't count them myself...
Sort order is set on times hit descending and on digits ascending.

I counted them boxed.
With a 5-digit workout you have 30 numbers, if you have to play these straight and box in both midday and evening, it will cost a pretty amount... You'll need at least one straight, and hopefully another 2 hits or so.

I have not looked at it closely enough, but i think that in my example the 2 first weeks did not produce straight hits. The other, for the 5-digit workout, produced one each week.

6 0 7 8 9
would give 607, 608, 609, 678, 679, 689, 078, 079, 089, 789

So 608 would be straight, 806 would be not.
Same for doubles:
660, 667, 668, ....

686, no cigare
668 smoke

Perhaps looking at the OddEven, OpenClosed, and other filters, might help getting them straight, and perhaps not even playing them all.
Then you could even go to 6 digits, if you can filter out enough of the numbers without throwing away the winner...

lottobrain's avatar - box
    Smyrna, DE
    United States
    Member #10074
    January 1, 2005
    127 Posts
    Posted: January 9, 2006, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

This is a good system it appears that produces only 4 six way box numbers to play for the week.  Very similar to the technique that I use in DE. In DE we have 13 draws a week, 2 a day Mon-Sat. and one on Sunday. If one plays all numbers for .50 cents box than the weekly cost is $26. Only one hit required to make a profit.  After a few wins, than move up to $1 box. After a few more hits, move up to 6 way straight play for .50 cents (or combination here in DE covering all 6 way straights for a $3 ticket).  After a few wins, go to $1 combination or $1 straight, etc.  In a while, you will be using the Steve Player large bet technique to win lots of money.  All sounds good if the wins can average at least one a week.  I'll have to do a little research for DE as I have been using a few more numbers, but do know it is the hot numbers that come in often. I also like the idea of picking numbers to play for a week at a time.  Takes care of having to calculate new numbers every draw and saves a lot of time.  I prefer playing the averages waiting for the due numbers.  Also it gets one out of the rut of following the same numbers week after week waiting for a hit that never comes.

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
      The Carolinas - Charlotte
      United States
      Member #21627
      September 12, 2005
      4138 Posts
      Posted: January 9, 2006, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

paurths - are you able to back test 3, 4 & 5 including doubles? I would be interested to see if it produces at least 1 box hit per week pretty regularly.

angelm's avatar - anne
        richmond ky.
        United States
        Member #15877
        May 22, 2005
        8472 Posts
        Posted: January 9, 2006, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

But my numbers for ky. wuold be 091 093 013 913 and two of those already hit last week-what are the chances of them repeating when 039 already  hit twice last week?

United States
          Member #21627
          September 12, 2005
          4138 Posts
          Posted: January 9, 2006, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

angel - although repeaters are not all that rare, perhaps maybe that's when you should apply the top 4 or top 5 numbers? I don't know...just a suggestion.

United States
            Member #21627
            September 12, 2005
            4138 Posts
            Posted: January 9, 2006, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

I prefer doubles as well. Triples probably arent necessary. Doubles seem to be the moneymakers since you get double the payout. Any thoughts?

paurths - what is it you use to get the hit amounts? your own software over there?

Poway CA (San Diego County)
              United States
              Member #3489
              January 25, 2004
              14120 Posts
              Posted: January 10, 2006, 12:16 am - IP Logged

I use wheels a lot.  I have used the 5-digit, 6-digit, 7-digit, 8-digit, and 9-digit wheels with Pick 3 using only hot, only cold, a mixture, etc. and have not been impressed.  BUT, I did not take the 5 digits from the previous week and play that wheel all the next week. So, I'm very interested in this.

A 5-digit wheel that covers 3-way and 6-way combos will contain 30 combos.  For the 4 weeks shown in the example there were 56 draws so 30 X 56 = 1,680 bets for the 4 weeks.  At 25 cents each (now where in the world did I come up with that??? LOL) that is $420 bet for the 4 weeks.

Looking at the wins...there were 10 6-way hits at $37.50 = $375.00

there were 18 3-way hits at $75.00 = $1350.00

That's a total return of $1725.00 with $420 bet or a profit of $1305 for the 4 weeks.

I haven't lost interest, yet!!

BTW, these were all box wagers.

Amazing Grace's avatar - lion
                rainbow lake
                Canada
                Member #25177
                November 2, 2005
                10765 Posts
                Posted: January 10, 2006, 12:18 am - IP Logged

More back testing required for me I have had no much luck yet in WC trying this with back testing.

Should i include 1 cold with the 4 hot?

United States
                  Member #3489
                  January 25, 2004
                  14120 Posts
                  Posted: January 10, 2006, 12:43 am - IP Logged

More back testing required for me I have had no much luck yet in WC trying this with back testing.

Should i include 1 cold with the 4 hot?

Grace,

Looking at Monday through Sunday of last week for WC, I find that the digits 3, 6, and 8 have hit 4 times, and 0 and 4 have hit 3 times.  So, your 5 digits would be 3,6,8,0, and 4.  You would play the following 30 combos all week this week:

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
                    Redford/MI
                    United States
                    Member #3396
                    January 18, 2004
                    4867 Posts
                    Posted: January 10, 2006, 12:49 am - IP Logged

I use wheels a lot.  I have used the 5-digit, 6-digit, 7-digit, 8-digit, and 9-digit wheels with Pick 3 using only hot, only cold, a mixture, etc. and have not been impressed.  BUT, I did not take the 5 digits from the previous week and play that wheel all the next week. So, I'm very interested in this.

A 5-digit wheel that covers 3-way and 6-way combos will contain 30 combos.  For the 4 weeks shown in the example there were 56 draws so 30 X 56 = 1,680 bets for the 4 weeks.  At 25 cents each (now where in the world did I come up with that??? LOL) that is $420 bet for the 4 weeks.

Looking at the wins...there were 10 6-way hits at $37.50 = $375.00

there were 18 3-way hits at $75.00 = $1350.00

That's a total return of $1725.00 with $420 bet or a profit of $1305 for the 4 weeks.

I haven't lost interest, yet!!

BTW, these were all box wagers.

I'm with C-Dude on this one. 

Yes Nod

L ttaL   T

Amazing Grace's avatar - lion
                      rainbow lake
                      Canada
                      Member #25177
                      November 2, 2005
                      10765 Posts
                      Posted: January 10, 2006, 1:52 am - IP Logged

My cost would be $910.00 to play for a month.

I would need at least 12 box hits to cover that.

Thats 38% of total draws in a month.

based on 31 days.

I would have to win 2 times per week using that method. Just to break even.

In back testing 2 is the most I got in 1 week.

Canada pick 3 for the birds.

United States
                        Member #3489
                        January 25, 2004
                        14120 Posts
                        Posted: January 10, 2006, 2:27 am - IP Logged

Also, when I did the wheels, I used only midday or evening.  I had not combined them.  I also like playing the numbers for a number of days (all week) instead of having to pick new numbers every day.  I spend a LOT of time each day on picking numbers.  Since I do so many states, I'm concerned how much time I will have to spend counting the times digits hit in both draws for a week for 13 or so states!! 

United States
                          Member #3489
                          January 25, 2004
                          14120 Posts
                          Posted: January 10, 2006, 4:01 am - IP Logged

OK..I have posted for the rest of the week (starting Tuesday evening) for the 13 states that I normally do.  I used the  results feature of LP and looked at the "drawing statistics" for the past 10 draws.  I put the numbers in a spreadsheet I made to count for me.  I have one column that I put the counts for 0 thru 9 for midday and another for evening.  It totals each one for me and then I sort on that total.  In the first column I have the numbers 0 through 9, so after the sort, I have the numbers in the proper order.  I just copy the first 5 digits in the first column into my 5-digit wheel and I have it!!

So, we can all pay attention to see how well I do starting Tuesday evening through Saturday evening.

The 13 states are: CA, DE, FL, GA, IL/IA, MI, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, DC

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #22395
                            September 24, 2005
                            1583 Posts
                            Posted: January 10, 2006, 6:05 am - IP Logged

CD,

Excellent. Can't wait to see the results.

I am also hoping casiecoco comes back and explains in detail how 4 picks make money week after week. Plus details on doubles and ties following her directions.

United States
                              Member #3489
                              January 25, 2004
                              14120 Posts
                              Posted: January 10, 2006, 10:07 am - IP Logged

CD,

Excellent. Can't wait to see the results.

I am also hoping casiecoco comes back and explains in detail how 4 picks make money week after week. Plus details on doubles and ties following her directions.

Since she said you have 42 digits, she must be counting each digit including double digits.  Since I'm using a spreadsheet to count and sort for me, I just use the top 5 numbers after the sort.  I let that "break" the ties.  I really don't think it matters that much.