Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 6:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you Wheel when playing Pick 5?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 11 years ago by DEB*.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

What wheel do you use when playing Pick 5?

3 if 3 [ 1 ]  [6.25%]
3 if 4 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
3 if 5 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
4 if 4 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
4 if 5 [ 3 ]  [18.75%]
power number(s) wheel [ 1 ]  [6.25%]
combinations of above [ 3 ]  [18.75%]
other [ 8 ]  [50.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 16 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
calabs's avatar - bass fret.jpg

United States
Member #27050
November 26, 2005
40272 Posts
Posted: January 10, 2006, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

If you wheel when you play Pick 5, which wheel do you choose?  I'd be interested how success you've been with your chosen wheel as well.

Poway CA (San Diego County)
    United States
    Member #3489
    January 25, 2004
    14120 Posts
    Posted: January 10, 2006, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

I like the 2if2/30.  It is 49 tickets and here in California 2 correct give you a free replay.  The cashiers at 7-11 say they have never seen anyone with so many replays!  The official at the Lottery Office said that most of the big Pick 5 winners were from replays.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19894 Posts
      Posted: January 10, 2006, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

I use a 3if5 15 lines wheel that covers 15 numbers that I created using CoverMaster.  It will cover the 15 numbers I usually pick for the Mad Dogg MegaMillion Challenge.  For it to work I usually have to win the Challenge or tie for first place.  During the last month I've matched 3 for $7 playing MegaMillions and matched 3 for $10 playing Ohio Rolling Cash5.  Both time I posted the first 10 lines as predictions on the prediction board.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
        FEMA Region V Camp #21
        United States
        Member #520
        July 27, 2002
        5699 Posts
        Posted: January 10, 2006, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

I voted "other" because I eliminate about 40 -50 % of the numbers and use quick picks from those remaining numbers.

Since there are many wheelers on LP I am testing the quick picks against the wheels. Theory is that I can play more numbers with less lines. The other day playing 21 numbers out of 39, all five of the digits came from my 21 numbers used. In one line out of the 25 I got a 4 of 5, no big deal but it lowered my odds tremendously to hit the jackpot on that draw.

5 of 5 in a 5/39 game playing all numbers = 575,756 to 1 odds.
        5 of 5 in a 5/39 game playing 21 numbers = 20,348 to 1 odds.

The chances of your 5 numbers coming from a pool of 21 numbers are 28-1.
        The chances of your 5 numbers coming from a pool of 15 numbers are 192-1.

IMHO, wheeling lowers the amount of numbers you can affordably play and the chances of winning 5 out of a limited # wheel are considerably lessened. You will win more lower tier prizes if your numbers are fairly on target, but I think adding a few numbers to your "wheel" and letting an RNG make the picks can be equally as effective and make it more possible to hit the jackpot.

Just my opinion...We'll see...I've only been experimenting with it for a short time so I cannot make any conclusions yet.

Good luck to all the pick 5 players!

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Amazing Grace's avatar - lion
          rainbow lake
          Canada
          Member #25177
          November 2, 2005
          10764 Posts
          Posted: January 11, 2006, 12:29 am - IP Logged

There has been a couple of times if I played $2000.00

Nov 2005 Western 649 would have won 1million

and the other night on super 7 would have won $125000

I think I can pick a big winner within 15 draws

still testing.

Then i will form a group

to play western it would cost $20000. for 20 trys

Super 7 would cost $40000.00

There is a simple but true saying

No risk no reward
          low risk low reward
          High risk High Reward.

Of course i will form a group of about 20 people and hope to hit when jack pot is big!

United States
            Member #3489
            January 25, 2004
            14120 Posts
            Posted: January 11, 2006, 12:42 am - IP Logged

Good luck.

United States
              Member #1826
              July 11, 2003
              2645 Posts
              Posted: January 11, 2006, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

No.

(insert signature here)

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                United States
                Member #520
                July 27, 2002
                5699 Posts
                Posted: January 11, 2006, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

JimmySand9,

"NO"?

Curious as to what your response is referring to. NO to WHAT?

"NO" as a one word response to this ongoing thread is a bit confusing since that doesn't refer to the poll's choices or specifically to any of the comments made in the thread following the poll. What?

If you would, please explain.

Thanks.

United States
                  Member #3489
                  January 25, 2004
                  14120 Posts
                  Posted: January 11, 2006, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

JimmySand9,

"NO"?

Curious as to what your response is referring to. NO to WHAT?

"NO" as a one word response to this ongoing thread is a bit confusing since that doesn't refer to the poll's choices or specifically to any of the comments made in the thread following the poll.    What?

If you would, please explain.

Thanks.

Rick, it confused me too, but I think he means "No, I don't use wheels when playing Pick 5".

GA
                    United States
                    Member #23659
                    October 15, 2005
                    63 Posts
                    Posted: January 11, 2006, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

I play 5 tickets using a 7 number wheel with a 3 if 3 on Fantasy5. Last night I had four tickets with three numbers that paid 16.00 each and 1 free ticket. Hubby had 1 ticket with four numbers that paid 260.00, three with 3 numbers for 16.00 each and also 1 free ticket. Together we played 10 tickets total for a combined win of 372.00 plus two free tickets. Did the same thing a couple of weeks ago but won almost 500.00 just on my five tickets. One night it will be all five numbers on one line. I hope it's soon. 

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                      United States
                      Member #520
                      July 27, 2002
                      5699 Posts
                      Posted: January 11, 2006, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

Thanks C-D....that would have made sense but the one word response threw me off. I'm a little slow sometimes and like explanations to back up the post and you can't explain yourself with one word. It appeared that your 'good luck' to Amazing Grace received a "no" in the following post by Jimmy. I might add that Amazing Grace is doing real well and I also wish continued success to A.G.

We all have to be as explicit as possible in our posts so that they are not misunderstood. The written words can be misinterpreted on the forums so easily.

Hope all is going well with you in Cali....good luck tonight!

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                        United States
                        Member #520
                        July 27, 2002
                        5699 Posts
                        Posted: January 11, 2006, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

DEB.......good work.....making a profit on the pick 5 is tough as can be seen on the prediction board stats.

Good luck to you and your husband...hope you catch it!

calabs's avatar - bass fret.jpg

United States
                          Member #27050
                          November 26, 2005
                          40272 Posts
                          Posted: January 11, 2006, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

I've been using 3if4 for a while, wheeling 16 numbers.  I've hit 3of5 several times.  On one draw I hit 5 tickets with 3of5 and one with 4of5.  Total earnings was $462.  That's the best I've gotten (so far!).  Not sure whether it's better to wheel more numbers with a 3if5, or less numbers with a higher guaranteed win.  Still trying to figure out what's better.  Even if getting 4 numbers on one ticket on a fairly consistant basis, it would keep me happy until the BIG one hits!!!

Good luck to all. 

GA
                            United States
                            Member #23659
                            October 15, 2005
                            63 Posts
                            Posted: January 11, 2006, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

DEB.......good work.....making a profit on the pick 5 is tough as can be seen on the prediction board stats.

Good luck to you and your husband...hope you catch it!

Thanks Rick G... I don't play every night but when I see the jackpot growing and when I see a number I play start to hit I go for it. Seems to work well. It's funny because I told my husband a couple of weeks ago he needed to change one of his numbers because it didn't come up as often as another. If he had he would have hit five last night. Oh well, it will come. 

GA
                              United States
                              Member #23659
                              October 15, 2005
                              63 Posts
                              Posted: January 11, 2006, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

I've been using 3if4 for a while, wheeling 16 numbers.  I've hit 3of5 several times.  On one draw I hit 5 tickets with 3of5 and one with 4of5.  Total earnings was $462.  That's the best I've gotten (so far!).  Not sure whether it's better to wheel more numbers with a 3if5, or less numbers with a higher guaranteed win.  Still trying to figure out what's better.  Even if getting 4 numbers on one ticket on a fairly consistant basis, it would keep me happy until the BIG one hits!!!

Good luck to all. 

Calabs... I've played wheels for a long time on all the games. It always works better for us to play a 3 if 3 or 4 if 4 wheel on the pick 5 games to keep the cost down. I play the same numbers when I play and if all five numbers hit there is a chance I will have them on one ticket. You just have to figure out what works best for you. Good Luck!