Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you Wheel when playing Pick 5?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 11 years ago by DEB*.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

What wheel do you use when playing Pick 5?

3 if 3 [ 1 ]  [6.25%]
3 if 4 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
3 if 5 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
4 if 4 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
4 if 5 [ 3 ]  [18.75%]
power number(s) wheel [ 1 ]  [6.25%]
combinations of above [ 3 ]  [18.75%]
other [ 8 ]  [50.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 16 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
calabs's avatar - bass fret.jpg

United States
Member #27050
November 26, 2005
40272 Posts
Posted: January 12, 2006, 8:22 am - IP Logged

I've been using 3if4 for a while, wheeling 16 numbers.  I've hit 3of5 several times.  On one draw I hit 5 tickets with 3of5 and one with 4of5.  Total earnings was $462.  That's the best I've gotten (so far!).  Not sure whether it's better to wheel more numbers with a 3if5, or less numbers with a higher guaranteed win.  Still trying to figure out what's better.  Even if getting 4 numbers on one ticket on a fairly consistant basis, it would keep me happy until the BIG one hits!!!

Good luck to all. 

Calabs... I've played wheels for a long time on all the games. It always works better for us to play a 3 if 3 or 4 if 4 wheel on the pick 5 games to keep the cost down. I play the same numbers when I play and if all five numbers hit there is a chance I will have them on one ticket. You just have to figure out what works best for you. Good Luck! 

Thanks for your comments DEB.  I like ot play better guarateed wheels myself.  However, I'm a little confused about your note where you say you play 3if3 or 4if4 to keep cost down.  It was my understanding that those types of wheels are more expense to play compared to the lower guarantee wheels for the same amount of numbers wheeled.  For example, to wheel 13 numbers in a 3if3 wheel would cost $34.  For a 3if4 wheel with the same numbers wheeled would cost $18, and for a 3if5 wheel it would cost $9.  These numbers are based on Gail Howard's balanced wheels, so these numbers could probably vary -/+.   Can you clarify?  Thanks!

GA
    United States
    Member #23659
    October 15, 2005
    63 Posts
    Posted: January 14, 2006, 8:06 am - IP Logged

I've been using 3if4 for a while, wheeling 16 numbers.  I've hit 3of5 several times.  On one draw I hit 5 tickets with 3of5 and one with 4of5.  Total earnings was $462.  That's the best I've gotten (so far!).  Not sure whether it's better to wheel more numbers with a 3if5, or less numbers with a higher guaranteed win.  Still trying to figure out what's better.  Even if getting 4 numbers on one ticket on a fairly consistant basis, it would keep me happy until the BIG one hits!!!

Good luck to all. 

Calabs... I've played wheels for a long time on all the games. It always works better for us to play a 3 if 3 or 4 if 4 wheel on the pick 5 games to keep the cost down. I play the same numbers when I play and if all five numbers hit there is a chance I will have them on one ticket. You just have to figure out what works best for you. Good Luck! 

Thanks for your comments DEB.  I like ot play better guarateed wheels myself.  However, I'm a little confused about your note where you say you play 3if3 or 4if4 to keep cost down.  It was my understanding that those types of wheels are more expense to play compared to the lower guarantee wheels for the same amount of numbers wheeled.  For example, to wheel 13 numbers in a 3if3 wheel would cost $34.  For a 3if4 wheel with the same numbers wheeled would cost $18, and for a 3if5 wheel it would cost $9.  These numbers are based on Gail Howard's balanced wheels, so these numbers could probably vary -/+.   Can you clarify?  Thanks!

Calabs.....Sorry I didn't get back to reply to your post earlier. I only play seven numbers on a 3if3 or 4if4 wheel.  

Deb