Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 2:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

prediction board poll

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 11 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

do you think that a member will eventually pick all numbers correctly for mega millions or powerball

yes [ 30 ]  [47.62%]
no [ 17 ]  [26.98%]
maybe [ 15 ]  [23.81%]
don't know [ 1 ]  [1.59%]
Total Valid Votes [ 63 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: January 17, 2006, 8:16 am - IP Logged

do you think a member will eventually correctly guess all numbers right for powerball or mega millions on the prediction board?

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
    Nova Scotia
    Canada
    Member #9934
    December 27, 2004
    891 Posts
    Posted: January 17, 2006, 10:19 am - IP Logged

do you think a member will eventually correctly guess all numbers right for powerball or mega millions on the prediction board?

yes it could happen, not impossible

konane's avatar - wallace
      Atlanta, GA
      United States
      Member #1265
      March 13, 2003
      3350 Posts
      Posted: January 17, 2006, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

Posting all correct numbers may come faster on Maddog's MM and PB challenges due to the amount of numbers predictors are allowed to post.

If it happened on one or the other, wonder if it would be picked up on the news????  Sun Smiley 

Good luck to everyone!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19901 Posts
        Posted: January 18, 2006, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

Posting all correct numbers may come faster on Maddog's MM and PB challenges due to the amount of numbers predictors are allowed to post.

If it happened on one or the other, wonder if it would be picked up on the news????  Sun Smiley 

I can't imagine a LP member winning MegaMillions or PowerBall after posting his/her predictions at LP not mentioning it at their news conference and missing out on having such bragging rights.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
          Florence, Alabama
          United States
          Member #8658
          November 13, 2004
          1993 Posts
          Posted: January 18, 2006, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

I think it's possible but what I think is that the person won't play the numbers.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
            FEMA Region V Camp #21
            United States
            Member #520
            July 27, 2002
            5699 Posts
            Posted: January 18, 2006, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

When they are selling a million PB or MM tickets per game and there's 30,000 of us (most of whom don't predict for those games), I seriously doubt it and as KYMystikal said, the chances are good they didn't play it anyway.

Not impossible, but highly improbable.

But I hope it happens.........then we can all bug the winner for a handout and fill their PM folder to the brim. Big Grin

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

United States
              Member #16612
              June 2, 2005
              3493 Posts
              Posted: January 18, 2006, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

It is possible, so my vote is maybe. The best prediction in 2005 was 4+1 by many players. Anyone getting 5+1 in MM and PB will show who has the bragging rights and goes into the hall of fame for good.

Portland Oregon
                United States
                Member #23305
                October 10, 2005
                47 Posts
                Posted: January 18, 2006, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

NO WAY! It is nearly impossible to predict the numbers.  You people that believe and buy those LAME A$$ "systems" are fooling yourself.  Dead

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19901 Posts
                  Posted: January 19, 2006, 1:44 am - IP Logged

NO WAY! It is nearly impossible to predict the numbers.  You people that believe and buy those LAME A$$ "systems" are fooling yourself.  Dead

I designed and programmed my own lane lottery system and like everyone else who plays the lotteries I believe I have a chance to win or I wouldn't buy a ticket. 

I know ever one who has ever won a lottery in the past claimed they bought a ticket so I assume I will have to do the same if I expect to win.  I've gotten several e-mails telling me I've won some lottery in Europe but since I've never bought a ticket I assume it's some kind of scam. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                    Member #30538
                    January 18, 2006
                    14 Posts
                    Posted: January 19, 2006, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

Definitely possible. I absolutely think chances are better if you analyze the numbers than if you play quick pick. People win all the time, so why not someone that plays intellegently?

For those who voted no, I'm curious why you bother with the board and with whatever you do to pick your numbers. If you actually don't think it is possible to win that way, then what's the point?

Doodess

Coastal Georgia
                      United States
                      Member #2653
                      October 30, 2003
                      1866 Posts
                      Posted: January 19, 2006, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

It's a long time till infinity, so "eventually" it will happen.

Can it happen ? yes, eventually.

Will it happen ? maybe.

Do I have trouble making a decision ? yes and no.

DD

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                        United States
                        Member #520
                        July 27, 2002
                        5699 Posts
                        Posted: January 19, 2006, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

I think using one's intelligence and trying to lower their odds through analysis and study of the game gives the player a "better" chance of winning playing the lottery. However I refuse to play games with enormous odds with the promise of a gold pot at the end of the rainbow.

As I said before it is not impossible, just highly improbable to win a MM or PB jackpot in the first place and the poll asked if a Lottery Post member would do it on the prediction board.

That is why I voted "no". Not impossible just highly unlikely.....especially because just a small amount of the 30,000 members even post MM or PB predictions.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10391 Posts
                          Posted: January 19, 2006, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

Anything is possible... if so, will they stay a member or disappear?

What would you do if you hit? I love it when people talk about the odds and getting hit by lightning, etc...

I just look at them and say that the ods are certainly a lot better if you played a ticket than if you didn't

Wink 

United States
                            Member #30538
                            January 18, 2006
                            14 Posts
                            Posted: January 19, 2006, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

Rick G, I didn't actually interpret the question to mean would they pick all the numbers in the prediction boards. But if that is the intent of the question then I'm even more sure that it is possible. It doesn't cost anything to preduct (well, apart from membership) and people are probably going to post more numbers than they are likely to purchase. PLUS they probably wouldn't be posting them unless they had a pretty good feeling that they had done their research ....

And Cointoss... would the disapear? I dare say they'd stick around to gloat a bit at least... and certainly would want to continue playing...

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                              United States
                              Member #520
                              July 27, 2002
                              5699 Posts
                              Posted: January 21, 2006, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

Doodess,

You are right. I used to post only predictions I was actually playing but now I'm posting what I would consider a reasonable amount of picks that I would LIKE to play. My $3 / day budget doesn't allow me to play 25 picks in a game, but someone here might benefit from it so I've changed my posting tactics. Plus I think it adds to the inspect/deflate options for the members to have a decent subset of numbers to work with.

I surely do hope one of our members will win and win big...hopefully you or me and in real $$$.   Big Grin