Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

powerball winner David Edwards

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 11 years ago by whitmansm2.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: January 19, 2006, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

i think maybe its some sort of desperation.people do wierd things when they are under pressure.who knows whats running through this persons head.they had millions and the possibilities were endless and now they are wondering where they are gonna live next year.

how the mighty have fallen.........

wreakshavok777's avatar - enzyte thumb.jpg
    oklahoma
    United States
    Member #12313
    March 10, 2005
    165 Posts
    Posted: January 19, 2006, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

You people don't want to be friendly. I'm not sure where your agression is coming from, but I feel sorry for you. I had no plans on airing any dirty laundry. He doesn"t consider me an in-law and the funny thing is he is sitting right here. He just wanted to give some advice to you waana be millionaires. His advice...... Maybe you do maybe you don't. Lighten up!

This is like a trainwreck..you want to look away but you just can't help peeking between your fingersOogle

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: January 20, 2006, 12:13 am - IP Logged

You people don't want to be friendly. I'm not sure where your agression is coming from, but I feel sorry for you. I had no plans on airing any dirty laundry. He doesn"t consider me an in-law and the funny thing is he is sitting right here. He just wanted to give some advice to you waana be millionaires. His advice...... Maybe you do maybe you don't. Lighten up!

This is like a trainwreck..you want to look away but you just can't help peeking between your fingersOogle

and the sad thing is there is gonna be a loud boom and crash and the whole crowd will be there ready and willing to peek between those very same fingers,lol.

Indiana
        United States
        Member #29196
        December 29, 2005
        280 Posts
        Posted: January 20, 2006, 11:30 am - IP Logged

Well Mike you may be correct.  People do starnge things when they are under pressure.  And if the press reports are to be believed he may very well be under some pressure.  Recently it was reported that the police (while investigating reports that his daughter may heave been abused [and not by him]) found drugs in his home.

Nonetheless, some of the statements he made still lead me to believe that he was full of it.  Press reports indicate that he won (and someone check meout I'm doing this from memory) about $41 million.  After taxes withheld he got about $29 million.  They say he spent over 12 million his first year and gave away an additional $5 million to charity.  That's $17 million gone leaving him with a balance of approx $12 million (not counting any additional taxes he may have owed  And if he did give away more than $5 to charity he probably didn't owe any more taxes).

On the Discovery program he claimed he was making $17,000 a day in interest.  By my math that equates to more than $6 million a year.  How does one earn that kind of interest on $12 million dollars?  50%?  

The bottom line with me is this...I hate these kind of lottery stories!  All of us who play jackpot games have fantasies about the good life we'll lead after winning the lottery.  Most of us who follow the posts here know the pitfalls a major lottery winner faces.  But the biggest pitfall still remains an unknown...ourselves!

None if us wants to think it could happen to us.  But in truth none of us knows how we will react.  I just hope I have the opportunity to find out.

Jim

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19900 Posts
          Posted: January 20, 2006, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

You can google "David Edwards lottery winner" and find several stories about him.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #24503
            October 23, 2005
            159 Posts
            Posted: January 22, 2006, 4:04 am - IP Logged

i think maybe its some sort of desperation.people do wierd things when they are under pressure.who knows whats running through this persons head.they had millions and the possibilities were endless and now they are wondering where they are gonna live next year.

how the mighty have fallen.........

who needs a lottery jackpot to do desperate and weird things, when all you really need (apparently) is an internet connection?  :?  that is so not cool (for reasons fja implied), to spread rumors about people and claim to be related to them on top of it -- as if that makes it alright.

and thank you for the kind words, unclejim.  it's funny how the s**t gets piled higher and deeper; folks who are only just about the attention can't seem to stop themselves from embellishing, and reaching in those embellishments, instead of Keeping it Simple like true troll pros. 

Ironton
              United States
              Member #30558
              January 18, 2006
              10 Posts
              Posted: January 22, 2006, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

I am not spreading rumors little miss cool. Read the news. Claiming to be related,huh. Well, I'll let that one go. Because I know the truth and you are just trying to be synical. I haven't told you anything that you couldn't have found out on your own. I know who I am and what kind of person I am, and I am and I am secure in who I have become. You Iesha, on the other hand, seem hell bent in trying to convince us all that you are some kind of a saint that actually cares for someone other than yourself. So I sign off with these, your own words, "IT'S FUNNY HOW THE S**T GETS PILED HIGHER AND DEEPER; FOLKS WHO ARE ONLY ABOUT THE ATTENTION CAN'T SEEM TO STOP THEMSELVES FROM EMBELLISHING, AND REACHING IN THOSE EMBELLISHMENTS, INSTEAD OF KEEPING IT SIMPLE LIKE TRUE PROS. To everyone else who choose to be civil, Have a good one.

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
                United States
                Member #19651
                August 3, 2005
                621 Posts
                Posted: January 23, 2006, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

Milkmom is Mr Edwards a true pro ? Why, didn't you send a blog  from him ?  A lot of things happen to a person after a win . Most on lottery post, seek the truth and yes,we rip into SNAKE DOCTORS & liers and drunks    some thing happened in fla ?  was it a set up- bad press  or the truth . How hard is it to hold on to the cash; the people before the win ;and  the real Edwards    I'm part Monday morning       Q-b    and also love looking trains  just the facts and insight  thanks    

United States
                  Member #16612
                  June 2, 2005
                  3493 Posts
                  Posted: January 23, 2006, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

How has the Edwards are doing now? I hope they aren't having financial problems. Why they are almost broke today? This is similiar to the West Virginia man winning $315 million.

Ironton
                    United States
                    Member #30558
                    January 18, 2006
                    10 Posts
                    Posted: January 23, 2006, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

They are selling all the things they have bought to stay on the run. They are truly going broke. It's a sad story. They're worse off now than when they won.

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
                      United States
                      Member #19651
                      August 3, 2005
                      621 Posts
                      Posted: January 23, 2006, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

why ,are they on the run? Did a sure bet, go bad? Did the power go out

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
                        United States
                        Member #19651
                        August 3, 2005
                        621 Posts
                        Posted: January 26, 2006, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

any update milkmom

whitmansm2's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                          Right here...can't you see me?
                          United States
                          Member #21521
                          September 10, 2005
                          131 Posts
                          Posted: January 26, 2006, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

Wait a second! Iesha isn't a saint? WTF???

LMAO

She may not be but I happen to like her comments.

This whole subject is sad. The poor little sister in law that has to claim she has stories to tell about her brother in law that doesn't even recognize her as a si---whoa. Wait! Does he not recognize her as a sister-in-law because THEY are now together? Maybe he's on the run because sister decided to divorce him because he's with sister in law. ::::writing this as a plot in my next book::: LOL

Mr. Edwards doesn't seem to me as someone that was wise (I'll just end that sentence there) It was just like he wiped his butt on the money instead of doing anything smart as far as investing. Sorry. That's apparently what he did.

This is why I like this site. You learn from other's stupidity and you move on. When one of us wins, will know what NOT to do.

No No

Don't cry over spilled milk.  Go milk another cow!!

Stephanie