Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 1:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How quickly do you check your tickets?

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

How much time elapses before you check your tickets against winning #'s?

I check my tickets the instant the #'s are drawn. [ 34 ]  [50.00%]
I check them the next morning. [ 17 ]  [25.00%]
I check them before the next drawing. [ 8 ]  [11.76%]
I check them after a week. [ 1 ]  [1.47%]
I check them within a month. [ 2 ]  [2.94%]
I check them before they expire. [ 1 ]  [1.47%]
I check them after they expire. [ 1 ]  [1.47%]
I have at least 50 winners of which I know nothing [ 1 ]  [1.47%]
I send all of my unchecked tickets to Prob988. [ 1 ]  [1.47%]
I burn my tickets without looking at them. [ 2 ]  [2.94%]
Total Valid Votes [ 68 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
New Jersey
United States
Member #21206
September 4, 2005
949 Posts
Posted: January 20, 2006, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

Some time ago, there was a 200+M Powerball winner in the store where I buy my tickets.  As an often disappointed lottery player, I avoided checking my ticket immediately in the hope that I would be the winner in question.

Actually, I know something about the numbers I regularly play, and would have been aware of winning if I saw the winning numbers.  However, in this case, I happened to have a few quick picks that I avoided checking for a little while, so as to stretch out the fantasy that I was the guy.  I checked my tickets after the actual winner came foreward.

What about you?  Do you like to stretch the fantasy out - and get a little extra bang for your buck (in terms of excitement) or do you want to know immediately? 

Coastal Georgia
    United States
    Member #2653
    October 30, 2003
    1866 Posts
    Posted: January 20, 2006, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

That might be part of my problem--I check the tix asap.....

I gotta know b-4 I go nite nite..........................

cv844's avatar - Lottery-049.jpg
      texas
      United States
      Member #4689
      May 17, 2004
      4121 Posts
      Posted: January 20, 2006, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

asap

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
        Mcminnville, Oregon
        United States
        Member #3013
        December 13, 2003
        3095 Posts
        Posted: January 20, 2006, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

I check them right after the drawing is posted on the internet.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19902 Posts
          Posted: January 20, 2006, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

I have a program that I use to update and store all my lottery data.  When I add the latest drawing data, it only take a second to check the updated drawing file with the file I played.  When I update my drawing file which is usually as soon as the the winning numbers are posted on a website,I check my playing file.  I recheck and highlite the numbers on my tickets to make sure I made them out correctly when I'm ready to cash them in for the next drawing.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

powerplayer's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
            Member #17834
            June 28, 2005
            2083 Posts
            Posted: January 21, 2006, 12:32 am - IP Logged

Well I use to check my tickets after the drawings but, it doesn't matter to me anymore...

I know the #'s I played. I play mainly online only... unless I get a QP from the store for Pick 3 or 4...

PB and other lotto games usuallly by the next day I have checked them...No need to rush..if you have the ticket and it's the winning #'s it not going to change over night or instantly after the drawing.

I draw it out and feel better when I do. Last month I got a QP for pick 3 and 4 here in CT and hit my first box win on a pick 4.

I didn't even know I had a winner till 2 days later...It felt great!! If I had known the day of the drawing the money would have been spent quicker...

The only time I jump to check the winning #'s is usually when the PB is over 100 million..only because since it drawn on a Saturday and Wed...if I was to hit on a Saturday I want to know so I can prepare for Monday morning on collecting my winnings.

Good luck to everyone!!!

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
              Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #1340
              April 6, 2003
              2450 Posts
              Posted: January 21, 2006, 12:39 am - IP Logged

I check PB the next day. after it was determined if a winning ticket was played or what amount it rolled to. After checking (and discarding ) the ticket, I update the excel sheet(s)

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: January 21, 2006, 4:34 am - IP Logged

i check mine a few minutes after the drawing.when i'm at work i call the lottery number in tennessee to get results.imagine my pleasure when i won the cash 4 twice in one week last may.nothing sweeter than hearing all your numbers being called out.5 grand won that week.i thought to myself gee this is so easy.....haven't won since.lol

Indiana
                  United States
                  Member #29196
                  December 29, 2005
                  280 Posts
                  Posted: January 21, 2006, 9:50 am - IP Logged

Like Mike I check mine a few minutes after the drawing.  I go to the Powerball website and get the numbers.  Then the next day I get a print out from a lottery terminal.  Only after that do I have the clerk run my tickets through the machine.

Jim 

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

United States
                    Member #16612
                    June 2, 2005
                    3493 Posts
                    Posted: January 21, 2006, 11:50 am - IP Logged

I usually check my tickets as soon as the winning numbers come out. That's why I vote right away in terms of my own picks. The next day, I'll check the lottery results.

dphillips's avatar - littleuns
                      Albuquerque, New Mexico
                      United States
                      Member #5128
                      June 18, 2004
                      377 Posts
                      Posted: January 21, 2006, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

I  usually wait until the next day when I go to the local 7-11 and get a printout.  For some reason, I love to see those printed numbers in hand. 

Sometimes, I check my numbers on the INTERNET, if I don't leave the house on Sundays.  During the weekday, however, I wait until I get off work, stop by the local 7-11, and tremble in fear!

Finally, my daily mumblings when I hit the floor are: do I have to get up and go to that job I hate!

See Ya!-- Bye, bye!  When you win, may you glow as brightly as theSun Smiley

angelm's avatar - anne
                        richmond ky.
                        United States
                        Member #15877
                        May 22, 2005
                        8472 Posts
                        Posted: January 22, 2006, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

If I'm up I check them win they draw-if not I check them the next morning

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                          Wandering Aimlessly
                          United States
                          Member #25360
                          November 5, 2005
                          4461 Posts
                          Posted: January 23, 2006, 2:49 am - IP Logged

I just watched a Fantasy 5 ticket expire in Naples not far from me.  It was only $34,000 but that would have been nice "pocket change" What a waste. This is something I'll never get used to.  Why buy if you're not going to check?  So this never happens to me, I check whatever numbers I've played before I go to bed.  In case I'm sleepy and make a mistake, I check them again the next day. Sometimes I cast a spell on my laptop, light candles, chant and dance around it and then look the numbers up one more time!  Still doesn't change anything. 

United States
                            Member #16612
                            June 2, 2005
                            3493 Posts
                            Posted: January 25, 2006, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

Sometimes, I don't buy CA SLP and MM tickets especially when their jackpots aren't in my range system. However, I do check the lottery results the next day and write down the winning numbers on the draw.

Atlanta
                              United States
                              Member #15989
                              May 24, 2005
                              183 Posts
                              Posted: January 30, 2006, 10:14 am - IP Logged

I just watched a Fantasy 5 ticket expire in Naples not far from me.  It was only $34,000 but that would have been nice "pocket change" What a waste. This is something I'll never get used to.  Why buy if you're not going to check?  So this never happens to me, I check whatever numbers I've played before I go to bed.  In case I'm sleepy and make a mistake, I check them again the next day. Sometimes I cast a spell on my laptop, light candles, chant and dance around it and then look the numbers up one more time!  Still doesn't change anything. 

Too funny. Keep the chants coming.