Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 5:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Keno software

Topic closed. 44 replies. Last post 11 years ago by fbird.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
Tx
United States
Member #4570
May 4, 2004
5180 Posts
Posted: February 7, 2006, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

I understand exactly what you are talking about, your approach to the filtering is about half-right or you might say half-wrong more or less, you are about half-close in what you are doing, that is why you are having trouble, half of your ideas are right or very very close the other half is off track.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the filters other than random itself, which is neither right nor wrong, your approach to filtering is about half-right more or less, you almost have it, but not quite yet, early on I had the same and or similar ideas to automatic filtering, but I learned better later as I learned how to use filters.

First of all, you don't test all of the filters against all of the draws for performance, different filters are to be tested against a different number of past draws.

Second you just don't test a filter against a number of past draws just like that, The very last past draw is the Master draw, as they move down or are older they are less and less important more or less, the last 2 to 10 past draws are the most important ones perhaps filter-wise, a good general number of past draws for observation can be between 10 and 60, you are not just testing the filters against past draws in a generic or general way, you are looking for and testing against particular "Past draws' patterns "Traits"".

This is an elimination process that require you or the program to find certain patterns' corelations between results (winning numbers) and particular past draws.

It is maybe not possible to explain it in enough detail to make it understood without giving away the process itself. Si it sounds like nonsense and giberish.

You are treating maybe all the draws as if they were the same, there are some perhaps ilogical patterns relations between some past draws that can be at a certain particular distance(s) from the last draw and the next winning number that are fairly constant across a range of draws, but that could change thru time slowly as the draws come out and so such relations must be re-evaluated every so often, some of this relations between particular (A given distance from the last draw) past draws patterns and the winning numbers are more regular and or permanent than others, but might or will have on and off cycles, I use only those whose on or working cylces are on more often than not.

One more time, there are relations between a particular pattern(s) of certain past draws that are at a given particular distance from the last draw and the next winning number, this relations is what the program should be looking for during the scans of the past draws, the program should be preprogrammed to look for them.

I won't give any more details here.

The answer is in a very few of my filters posts, on time of that there is also the changing of patterns from one pattern to another of the same kind or filter and its evaluation against the next winning draw, this is done with a few of the past draws, that stuff is also in maybe 2 or 3 not too old filters posts, maybe on the Tao of filters, as to the above stuff or main technique that is in several posts, maybe the best example is on the Crunch 2 filter patterns profile that I posted (2 of them) for boxed filtering the basic profile and the more advanced one, those were just 2 good old examples, but I did develop also straight filtering profiles for use with the Crunch 2 and or other filters programs. besides I have many other newer ways.

All based basically more or less on what I say above, but that I really don't explain in detail. Not enough to really make the stuff understood.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: February 7, 2006, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

You, since the very beginning did not appear to be too open to my ideas, that is why I didn't explain in detail and with examples how I filter. You was not interested in stats and not too much in other's ideas, you wanted to predict exactly in the very way in which you are tryng to right now as you told me before, as I said, without some kind of stats, there is no prediction at all.

The scanning of the past draws in my particular way does produce some of the needed stats for the proper use of some of the filters, yes even for automatic and or semiautomatic filtering.

It all depend how deep you want to do the filtering. Some filtering needs only scanning or checking out a few past draws, other filters need even more past draws, they are not all equal.

paurths's avatar - underground
      Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
      Belgium
      Member #19287
      July 29, 2005
      2254 Posts
      Posted: February 7, 2006, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

I knew i did not explain very well what exactly happens inside the algorithm...

Like i wrote before, some filters have up to 15 settings. Each setting will have a value, chosen from several different values.

When one filter tests itself, it does not choose a setting and run it against the entire drawhistory.
      It will then "land" on a draw, not necessaraly the first draw in the list, find the best settings (there might be several different settings that will pass) and store those.
      Then it moves on to the next draw, does the same thing again, and again and again and again, until it reaches the last draw in the database.
      By then it will have collected hundreds of different "best" settings, and only then it will compute the best setting for the next draw (which does not exist yet), without even "looking" at the digits from that last draw. Instead it will use the history of settings that has been created in the process described above.
      The reason this process is ran over and over again for each draw is b/c of the dynamics of the game that it explores at that time, and second b/c there is another element, which i will not discuss, that is taken into account, and third it must "survive" a run with other filters simultane.

United States
        Member #3222
        January 4, 2004
        80 Posts
        Posted: February 7, 2006, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

Hi Beth,

This software I'm not sure if it picks numbers or not, I think it just gives statistics for you to analyze??

The only keno program that I'm aware of that'll actually do that is Gail Howard's smart picks but there's others out there no doubt. I've never tried Howard's program but some have said it works others haven't.

It's too bad there aren't more programs available for keno, it's my favorite lottery game because it gives some of the best odds of winning, especially in video keno that plays every four or five minutes.

hello lottobuster,

you can try your luck with expert lotto - it does support keno lotteries and it has a lot of features you may find interesting.

Hi I've got Expert Lotto but it's an older version from 1999 that doesn't support Keno. Maybe I'll have to look into the newer versions, I've always liked Expert Lotto as I consider it one of the better lottery programs out there.

United States
          Member #3222
          January 4, 2004
          80 Posts
          Posted: February 7, 2006, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

Sorry to anyone I was going to give the program to. I was quite busy over the weekend and did not have much time at all to devote to anything other than family tasks. I did have an idea to add to the program, and will distribute to anyone who has asked, once it is done.

If you want to know what is then email me at kevrick666@hotmail.com. I should be able to pump out the code for it by tonight/tomorrow at the latest.

Retxx, I might even set it up for you, time permitting. I do not mind doing things for others as long as I am the one who suggests it (in the case of data entry). I will not be making a habit of it, though. It might depend on the ease of extracting the data from the website.

I have added some logic to the program to automatically create VTRAC info and LANTERN's Charts, I am almost done with those. Those are for Pick3 and possibly Pick4 type games. I am going to add some logic for LottoBuster when I can. Those combinations you were talking about. Let me see if I get what you want on that:

You specify lets say 10 and 20, then you want to see a chart of how often they come up and possibly what dates/days. Is that correct?

Kotss basically yes, all I was looking for was a way to determine when any given pair in a Keno game had come in and their dates within a selected data base. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, if it just did that I'd be happy.

retxx's avatar - mrthumbs
            BOSTON
            United States
            Member #48
            September 9, 2001
            3611 Posts
            Posted: February 7, 2006, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

hi kotss are you ready to distribute your excel yet to us that have given our e-mail?You did say that you could enter my pick 4 into the database. that would be great. Keno might be difficult because it runs all day every 4 minutes as 20/80 game.

Tx
              United States
              Member #4570
              May 4, 2004
              5180 Posts
              Posted: February 8, 2006, 2:19 am - IP Logged

I knew i did not explain very well what exactly happens inside the algorithm...

Like i wrote before, some filters have up to 15 settings. Each setting will have a value, chosen from several different values.

When one filter tests itself, it does not choose a setting and run it against the entire drawhistory.
              It will then "land" on a draw, not necessaraly the first draw in the list, find the best settings (there might be several different settings that will pass) and store those.
              Then it moves on to the next draw, does the same thing again, and again and again and again, until it reaches the last draw in the database.
              By then it will have collected hundreds of different "best" settings, and only then it will compute the best setting for the next draw (which does not exist yet), without even "looking" at the digits from that last draw. Instead it will use the history of settings that has been created in the process described above.
              The reason this process is ran over and over again for each draw is b/c of the dynamics of the game that it explores at that time, and second b/c there is another element, which i will not discuss, that is taken into account, and third it must "survive" a run with other filters simultane.

Paurths

Well, it does sound right or very very close, because what needs to be done according to my systems, is something very much like that, very much so, but obviously not exactly the same, but the process, should be something like that, but only a very much smaller portion of the past draws needs to be used for some or many of the filters, only filters such as pairs, need a lot more of the history, but even they only if a more complete pairs filtering is to be done, otherwise not as many draws, there is more than one level of filtering for filters such as pairs, but also others such as sums, the ammount of draws used depends on how deep the filtering for a particular filter is to be done.

Whatever, it does sound as if maybe in due time, you will know what and how to do it, you are still too new to the pick 3, it all should come in time hopefully.

You do have more than enough programming skill, your lottery programming skills appear to be very very high.

I still think that good automatic filtering is very much possible, I have used very simple guidelines for the use of particular filters, I was asked about a month or 2 ago more or less maybe once to see what I could do with just the last draw for straight filtering and using just the last draw for filters' statistics I reduced the 1000 combos to about 300 to 400, I can't remember for sure, I rally did not do an actual reducing using a filters program such as the Crunch 2, I just wrote down on a paper the filter patterns that were to be filtered out from the 1 000 combos, that would had reduced the 1000 straight combos to something between 300 to maybe 400 combos, since the actual workout was not done it was not possible to tell for sure how many combos would had been left, But my numbers should be close enough.

And yes, I chose the right filter patterns, I would had won with them, but the test was done on a past draw that was some years old, but I didn't know what draw came out next, untill after I had chosen my filter patterns that were to be filtered out from the 1000 combos.

That is how simple my filters guidelines are that they could even work with just the very last draw even for straight filtering, at least they did at that time, it might have been the only time or second time that I have ever done filtering using just the last draw. At least straight filtering anyway, maybe.

Tx
                United States
                Member #4570
                May 4, 2004
                5180 Posts
                Posted: February 8, 2006, 3:02 am - IP Logged

Everything is relative, so long as there are working relations that are more or less stable over a given segment of draws, it does not matter where in the history are the draws' patterns that you are using as filters, it can be the last draw or any other past draw, and also more than just one draw, more often than not several past draws are to be used in this way.

ExpertLotto's avatar - appicon
                  Trebic
                  Czech Republic
                  Member #8380
                  November 3, 2004
                  66 Posts
                  Posted: February 8, 2006, 10:02 am - IP Logged

Hi Beth,

This software I'm not sure if it picks numbers or not, I think it just gives statistics for you to analyze??

The only keno program that I'm aware of that'll actually do that is Gail Howard's smart picks but there's others out there no doubt. I've never tried Howard's program but some have said it works others haven't.

It's too bad there aren't more programs available for keno, it's my favorite lottery game because it gives some of the best odds of winning, especially in video keno that plays every four or five minutes.

hello lottobuster,

you can try your luck with expert lotto - it does support keno lotteries and it has a lot of features you may find interesting.

Hi I've got Expert Lotto but it's an older version from 1999 that doesn't support Keno. Maybe I'll have to look into the newer versions, I've always liked Expert Lotto as I consider it one of the better lottery programs out there.

expert lotto version from year 1999?? i don't think we're talking about the same software here. expert lotto was first released in august 2004. so you must be using a different program (unless you have a old czech version of our software:-)

anyway googling for 'expert lotto' should take you to our web site where you can download the latest version.

Expert Lotto Team

Tx
                    United States
                    Member #4570
                    May 4, 2004
                    5180 Posts
                    Posted: February 8, 2006, 10:34 am - IP Logged

Many years ago there used to be an American lottery software that I think that was called Lottery Expert it first was a DOS software and then Windows, it is gone now, I bought a DOS version at a used book library sale, but later trashed it as I didn't know how to install it, it was hard to install.

ExpertLotto's avatar - appicon
                      Trebic
                      Czech Republic
                      Member #8380
                      November 3, 2004
                      66 Posts
                      Posted: February 8, 2006, 11:49 am - IP Logged

Many years ago there used to be an American lottery software that I think that was called Lottery Expert it first was a DOS software and then Windows, it is gone now, I bought a DOS version at a used book library sale, but later trashed it as I didn't know how to install it, it was hard to install.

i see, that probably explains it. thanx for the info!

Expert Lotto Team

United States
                        Member #3222
                        January 4, 2004
                        80 Posts
                        Posted: February 8, 2006, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

That's what I have, it's Jackpot Lottery from Expert Software and the 1999 Windows version could actually be very good at predicting lottery numbers. You may be correct that what I have was made by one that no longer sells lottery products even though their site expertsoftware.com is still up.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19894 Posts
                          Posted: February 8, 2006, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

Had you gone to the command prompt in WindowXP you could have installed it like you would have in DOS and created a shortcut on your desktop. Years ago Data Sulutions the company that supports Lotto Pro also supported a version of Expert Lotto which was distributed by Expert Software.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Tx
                            United States
                            Member #4570
                            May 4, 2004
                            5180 Posts
                            Posted: February 9, 2006, 2:21 am - IP Logged

Had you gone to the command prompt in WindowXP you could have installed it like you would have in DOS and created a shortcut on your desktop. Years ago Data Sulutions the company that supports Lotto Pro also supported a version of Expert Lotto which was distributed by Expert Software.

RJOh 

I have Win98SE, the problem that I had was that the DOS program needed the user to either make a or make changes to a, either a Config.Sys file or to an AutoExe.Bat file or to both I really can't remember and back on those days, I would not had done anything like that, that it was need by the program to work. I didn't want to tinker with DOS, now-days I would do it, but not back then (maybe about 2 to 3 years ago).

As that DOS program might had been good (I don't know for sure), I do regret throwing it away.

Yes it was by Expert Software, that company appears to have been bought or taken over by another one and the new company does not make the program no more, but yes, there was a newer Windows version, but I only had the DOS one.

Thank you anyway, I am much more interested in or on the pick 3 and later might be both pick 3 and 4, but who will make a really good pick 4 filters software, other than the Deflate 4 by Todd, I want an offline software and I need very many more filters as there also are very many more combos to filter out.

fbird's avatar - nw archer.jpg
                              White Lake,Mi
                              United States
                              Member #1495
                              May 12, 2003
                              5546 Posts
                              Posted: February 11, 2006, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

Thats funny... I still have a cd copy of lottery expert some where in the house, I will have to find it , install it and see how it works...been some years..lol..but I did purchase it on a cd

VAL

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me: I may not follow.

Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Albert Camus