Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 10:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Internet Winner

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 11 years ago by fxsterling.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Will a major jackpot be won on-line

yes [ 21 ]  [61.76%]
no [ 13 ]  [38.24%]
Total Valid Votes [ 34 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23349 Posts
Posted: January 29, 2006, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

Everyone who saw "tozzi's" message (which I deleted) should be aware that it was really posted by some annoying person from Jackson, NJ who signed up as "Mike T" last time.  I had disabled their "Mike T" account, so I guess they feel they have the right to keep signing up under different names and trying to slam PTS. 

(As every  knowledgeable member of Lottery Post knows by now, these types of people show up from time to time, either because they hold a grudge against something or someone, or because they are a competitor of whatever web site they are slamming.)

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
    United States
    Member #19651
    August 3, 2005
    621 Posts
    Posted: January 29, 2006, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

thanks Todd  trust and luck      question how many tickets does pts get a week ?   PTS will only grow               also visa and mastercard don't take any one

Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23349 Posts
      Posted: January 29, 2006, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

I don't know how many tickets they get a week.  That would be a good question to ask them directly. 

In any case, I have research many such companies, and in fact, I only recommended them after investigating all the companies I could locate, over an eight month timeframe.  I play using their service myself, if that gives any indication.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
        A long and winding road
        United States
        Member #17084
        June 10, 2005
        4580 Posts
        Posted: January 29, 2006, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

May I suggest to those whom are hestitant on using an online service. Research and ask lots of questions through that service site. Its unfortunate that some make inaccurate assumptions without doing their homework. Todd wouldnt advocate a site without making sure that 1: its legitimate and legal. and 2: ease of use for purchasing.

The PTS has clearly marked its responsibilities to you as a winner or claimant of a prize. Read the fine print and make your decision based on facts and not *opinions*. Its your money and your right to know. :)

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

Sparta, NJ
          United States
          Member #18331
          July 9, 2005
          1977 Posts
          Posted: January 29, 2006, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

I think the question of never hearing about a winner on the internet doesn't preclude it having happened or will happen.  Scenerio, I win the Florida lottery via a on-line betting site.  There are hundreds of legal problems that could pop up and make me a criminal.  Suppose the site paid my way to Florida and explained the hazzards of hoinesty and convinced me to say I bought the ticket at the same place the on-line betting is done?  Additionally, supposed the prise is $20 million.  Would I lie about the source of the ticket. BET YOUR BIPPY !!!  Hell, I'd lie to cop to get out of a $25.00 ticket; who me, speeding?  For a million dollars I'd never admit it came from the net.  The same logic would apply to PTS.  I want to see the person who would turn down $200M plus because it caused you to lie about the source of the ticket!

Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23349 Posts
            Posted: January 29, 2006, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

Chewie,

You're 100% correct.  Almost every time there HAS been an online winner, that's what happens.  And don't anyone kid themselves, there HAVE BEEN winners online.  But, as Chewie says, the majority of them kept their mouth shut, and made it easy on themselves.

I know of at least two online winners in the USA who DID tell lottery officials that they won using an online service.  Both of them were paid the jackpot in the end, but they could have made it easier on themselves if they just said they bought a ticket while passing through the state.

Stars's avatar - basket
              Englewood, NJ
              United States
              Member #1994
              August 5, 2003
              31 Posts
              Posted: January 29, 2006, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

Chewie,

You're 100% correct.  Almost every time there HAS been an online winner, that's what happens.  And don't anyone kid themselves, there HAVE BEEN winners online.  But, as Chewie says, the majority of them kept their mouth shut, and made it easy on themselves.

I know of at least two online winners in the USA who DID tell lottery officials that they won using an online service.  Both of them were paid the jackpot in the end, but they could have made it easier on themselves if they just said they bought a ticket while passing through the state.

I always wondered if a service like PTS would avoid the publicity with a large jackpot winning ticket.

Todd, do you know if PTS buys the EM tickets online (as some people of stated)? I would think they have people in England to do that. I would think buying online could complicate things.

Thanks,

Stars

Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23349 Posts
                Posted: January 29, 2006, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

No, I don't think they do.  I'm fairly certain they have people stationed in the UK who do that.  Feel free to ask them directly, though.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                  Member #2338
                  September 17, 2003
                  2063 Posts
                  Posted: February 2, 2006, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

If someone from the states wins using Prime ticket and think they can be anonymous they are kidding themselves. This is the biggest cash prize ever and way bigger than any prize ever offered in Europe. Personally I think I can handle the heat if I win.

After all you do have all that money to console you.

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
                    United States
                    Member #19651
                    August 3, 2005
                    621 Posts
                    Posted: February 18, 2006, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

i may be a winner