Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 12:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Fate, Destiny, Karma or...

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 11 years ago by TexasLotto.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Indiana
United States
Member #29196
December 29, 2005
280 Posts
Posted: January 27, 2006, 9:08 am - IP Logged

Boy does this ever hurt!

According to the Hoosier Lottery website the Hoosier Lottery has been won for the second consecutive time.  After rolling over for more than 5 months it has been hit consecutively.  First a family from Logansport won the $25.5 million jackpot.  Then in the very next drawing someone won a $1 million jackpot.

That someone (listed by name on the Hoosier Lottery website) is from my hometown in Northwest Indiana and purchased his ticket at a convenience store just down the road from my house.  A convenience store by the way where I frequently buy my tickets.

Many of you know that I absolutely believe that the Hoosier Lottery is rigged.  Many people I have talked to around here also believe that.  I thought you might find the comments of two of those people interesting:

One guy I know is convinced that after all the phone calls and e-mails I sent to the Hoosier Lottery asking hard questions, demanding answers and in particular complaining about the plethora of winners from Indianapolis/Marion county, the Hoosier Lottery decided the best way to squash my doubts would be to have a winner (albeit  small one) come from my home county.  (Yes the Hoosier Lottery and the Executive director know my address and yes this is only the second winner in the history of the Hoosier Lottery from my county.)

One woman who buys her tickets at the retail outlet where I work...and who also believes the Hoosier Lottery is fixed...just laughed and said well they have to throw us a bone every once in a while.  Next time you complain have them throw a bone my way.

My response was to tell her she can have the second bone (well now I guess it would be the third bone) they throw this way.

As for me...fate, destiny, karma or fix I don't know.  But I do know this...the Lottery God does indeed have a warped sense of humor.

Jim 

PS For those of you interested in this kind of stuff the "lucky" winner choose the cash option which the Hoosier Lottery says is approximately $400,000 before taxes.  (The advertised annuity value was $1 million.) 

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
    Member #91
    January 19, 2002
    11924 Posts
    Posted: January 27, 2006, 9:21 am - IP Logged

It does make one scratch his head when you here stuff like this,  kind of like UFO's, alot of people have seen one, but its still one of those toss up questions....

LosingJeff's avatar - flower
      Greenfield
      United States
      Member #3587
      February 2, 2004
      557 Posts
      Posted: January 27, 2006, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

These coincidences are a continual thing. How about that--advertised for a million and the cash opt is 400 thou? This is BS! Maybe I should send Todd a few hundred pic 4 tickets off by 1 number, or maybe tickets played forever and then hit right after you stop playing them! Then you all can see the coincidences. I've said it before, there is something geographic about it. Also, did you know the Hoosier Lottery has the right to limit the selection of certain numbers---its on the website. HMMM, wonder who gave them that right? Anyone know?

" FUN IS BAD " ----causes Bankruptcy

Indiana
        United States
        Member #29196
        December 29, 2005
        280 Posts
        Posted: January 27, 2006, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

What's amusing to me is the reaction of the people I've been talking to today.  Everybody I've spoken to is p*ssed off about this!  Every one I've talked to today is saying stuff like:

Yeah right!  It rolls over for 5 months before some one wins it then it gets hit twice in a row.

or:

Finally some one from around here hits the damn thing and it's a minimum jackpot.

And a few people have commented on the $400,000 cash prize.  Everyone is outraged.  Under the old rules it was guranteed to be a minimum $500,000.  Evryone's upset about what the winner will get.  (Except maybe the winner.)

A $1,000,000 advertised jackpot that is worth $400,000 cash before taxes.  Deduct 25% for for federal withholding.  Deduct another 3.4% for state withholding and the winner will get approx $260,000 after taxes and he may even owe more.  (The top federal withholding rate is still 35% I think.)

Not one person I've spoken to today has had anything good to say about the Hoosier Lottery.  Everyone has commented on how they believe it's fixed or what a complete rip off it is.  And about half of the people I've spoken to today believe that the Hoosier Lottery decided it was time to give Northwest Indiana...specifically Porter County...a little winner.  LOL!  (Porter County has only had 1 winner in the past and that was something like 12 or 13 years ago I think.)

What's interesting to me is the new trend in winners.  In the past year 4 winners have come from Northern Indiana.  The previous winner was from Logansport (which I think is Cass County).  This winner is from Porter county.  The previous winner was from right next door in LaPorte County and in between there somewhere was a winner from the county next to Laporte...St. Joseph County.  In short 3 of the last 4 winners have been from Northwest Indiana and the 4th was from the Northwest Indiana Region (as defined by the Hoosier Lottery.)  Two if them have won pretty big jackpots ($10.5 and 25.5 million) and two of them have won minimum jackpots ($1 million.)

It's amazing to me that (what I perceive to be) this crooked and corrupt lottery p*sses off people at every turn.  Even when the winner is local the locals get p*ssed and think we were ripped off again!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL...

Jim 

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

Indiana
          United States
          Member #29196
          December 29, 2005
          280 Posts
          Posted: January 27, 2006, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

Actually I need to correct something I sad...it should be 4 of the last 5 winners are from Northwest  Indiana.  I forgot there was another winner in there.  Where was he from you ask?  Where else...Indianapolis/Marion County.

Jim 

Greenfield
            United States
            Member #3587
            February 2, 2004
            557 Posts
            Posted: January 27, 2006, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

Jim, could you believe that I have spent over 100 thou on pic 4 and scratch offs and cant win! This is an outrage! Try the scratch offs sometime. Spend 500 or 1000 and you might get back what you paid for 1 ticket!I use to go to Georgia and cash in scratch offs for an hour or two at a time. I am glad to know that people are putting 2 and 2 together and seeing that it is impossible for the Hoosier Lottery to never have any winners----see for yourself! All people on Lottery Post, compare the Hoosier Lottery's payouts to any State in theUnion and see where we are coming from. What I like is the fact that the Hoosier Lottery has the right to limit certain numbers. Shouldnt they be changing the payout odds when that is done? Of course! By the way, if anyone who works at the Hoosier Lottery can tell me when the last time you paid a million on a daily 3 or 4 please let me know. I am interested to see that. Wanna see a million paid on daily games then go to someplace like the Ohio Lottery!Better yet, go to the South Carolina Lottery and see them pay several hundred straight winners and 500-800 boxes. Keep in mind they have 2 million less people than Indiana! Dear Hoosier Lottery, why even have a cutoff limit when you never pay anything big? Why did you change the rules on the big lottery game and we found out through the grapevine? Why wasnt this publicized? 40% now huh? Who's idea was that. Well, I agree Uncle JIm, everyone you talk to is seeing the light. I have never heard a good comment about the Lottery. And you know what, you never will. Oh by the way, these are my numbers--1061, 6652. Please add them to the data base;  dont want to be hospitalized for a heart attack when they hit! Or, are they already red flagged because I play them so much? By the way, I have played these numbers for 8 years and still have not hit! Ironic isnt it! I do have a question. Could  someone from the Hoosier Lottery certify on this website that your games are random! I would like it in writing.

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to vent my opinions under the Constitution of the United States! Sincerely, A big Hoosier Looser!   

Greenfield
              United States
              Member #3587
              February 2, 2004
              557 Posts
              Posted: January 27, 2006, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

You suppose people are wising up to this payout crap!!!!  Our cause is to get a ball drawn lottery; we will succeed! We want honesty and integrity in our Lottery with no chance for deception! Go to balls, we will not quit until balls are drawn! Why wont we quit? Here's why:

Never give in. Never give in-never, never, never, never, in anything, great or small, large or petty. Never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never surrender to force; never yield to the apparently overwheming might of the enemy.

--Winston Churchill-

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: January 27, 2006, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

Puke,indiana lottery is by far the worst in america!

Tennessee
                  United States
                  Member #7853
                  October 15, 2004
                  11338 Posts
                  Posted: January 28, 2006, 1:52 am - IP Logged

the strange thing about indiana is that on the prediction board i'm usually in the top ten of all predictors.tonight on the lucky 5 look at this....

winning numbers---4-16-17-28-29

my numbers---------4-16-18-25-29 and 4-16-19-26-29

Tennessee
                    United States
                    Member #7853
                    October 15, 2004
                    11338 Posts
                    Posted: January 28, 2006, 1:57 am - IP Logged

what would be a VERY STRANGE twist of fate would be if i got all five numbers right in the one state that manipulates the outcome...indiana

powerplayer's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
                      Member #17834
                      June 28, 2005
                      2083 Posts
                      Posted: January 28, 2006, 2:15 am - IP Logged

ok I'm going to say this once and once only

"STOP PLAYING THE FREAKEN INDIANA LOTTERY AND MOVE!!!"

I have been hitting on the Indiana lottery for over 2 weeks playing off and on. I did it in a thread I started a weeks ago. Other people hit.

I think the people loseing need to get a new system/numbers.

Comparing to other states is not equal all the time.
                      CT is unfair in my mind.

INDIANA COULD HAVE 1 BILLION PEOPLE FOR ALL I CARE...

It all depends on how many play each and every day.

WELL I THINK POWERBALL IS RIGGED!!

It's RANDOM!! 

I HAVE TO LOL @ someone thinking because they know your address and you complained so now they fixed it because someone hit in your area.

STOP THE NONSENCE!!

THE SOUTH/WEST seem to always win PB does that mean the SOUTH/WEST states have rigged it.

INDIANA payouts are horrable I AGREE!!

BUT IT"S NOT RIGGED GET OVER IT!!

MAYBE YOU WERE JUST NOT MEANT TO PLAY THE LOTTO!!

CT had 2 winners in 1997 and then one in 2005.

They don't do specials or anything new just the same old lottery each day.

Scratch offs are a rip off no matter where you go..Indiana is not special.

Negative people belive Indiana is rigged.

STOP BEING NEGATIVE!!!

Give me your numbers and I will take the winnings.

8 years and no winners...TRY CHANGEING NUMBERS!!!

THE NUMBERS CHANGE DAILY>>>KEEP THAT IN MIND!!!

I don't mean to offend anyone with these comments.....

This is just my option

LosingJeff all I can say is change your name address and lottery numbers.

Change your SS numbers.

Try to get reborn again and maybe INDIANA will stop tracking you down..

ROFL

CHANGE YOUR NAME >>>THAT MIGHT HELP ALSO!!

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #29196
                        December 29, 2005
                        280 Posts
                        Posted: January 28, 2006, 8:57 am - IP Logged

Whoa Powerplayer!  Relax!  I actually think it's funny too!  That's why I made my post.  Consider the irony of it all.  I write the Hoosier Lottery.  I tell them I think the game is rigged.  I tell them I am going to stop playing all their games (which I did except for Powerball).  I include my name and address.  Then for only the second time in 12 or 13 years someone from my home county...indeed my home town...buys his tickets right down the street from me...at a place where I often buy my tickets...and...he WINS the lotto!

As I said...the Lottery God has a warped sense of humor.

Let me back up a minute and try to explain something.   I don't think the Hoosier Lottery is rigged because I haven't won.  Anyone who thinks the (any) lottery is rigged just because they haven't won isn't playing with all 52 cards...or should I say they're lotto playslip doesn't have all 48 numbers on it.

So I'm absolutely clear on this...I think the Hoosier Lottery is rigged because of all the scandals, missing funds, computerized RNG nonsense and miscellaneous funny business, et cetra that has gone on and on for years and years.

What I also think is funny is the almost universal reaction of the people I spoke to yesterday about the news that we had a local winner.  To a person they all had something negative to say about the Hoosier Lottery.

As I said I absolutely believe that the Hoosier Lottery is rigged.  A lot of people I speak to everyday also believe it's rigged.  That doesn't mean it is rigged.  Convential wisdom is usually neither convential or wise.  And common knowledge doesn't mean anything either.  Let's remember that before Columbus "discovered" Americal convential wisdom and common knowledge both said the world was flat.

But when you look at the facts (the scandals, missing funds et cetra)...when you consider all the coincidences...when you factor in the secrecy...the lies...the mis-statements...and all the other nonsense you have to come to the conclusion that something is amiss at the Hoosier Lottery.

I'm sure that many people here are tired of hearing some of us complain about the Hoosier Lottery.  Hell, I'm tired of complaining about it too.   And the truth of the matter is...I believe it's rigged but I have absolutely no factual evidence that it is rigged.

I just found the whole episode and the events of yesterday more than a bit amusing.  And the really funny thing to me was...no less than 5 different people I spoke to yesterday...all of whom knew I wrote a letter to the Hoosier Lottery...immediately made the connection between my letter and a local winner. 

What is it that comedian always says:

That...right there is funny!

Once again the Lotto God does indeed have a warped sense of humor.  If the Hoosier Lottery is on the up and up He must be laughing his divine a** off at all of us foolish mortals who think it's rigged.  

Jim 

powerplayer's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
                          Member #17834
                          June 28, 2005
                          2083 Posts
                          Posted: January 28, 2006, 9:20 am - IP Logged

Hi Uncle Jim,

I agree...was just expressing my open comments...on the thread...I'm sick of hearing about Indiana lottery...no offense..but it's the only topic I have seen looseing Jeff in and seems like every other day there is a new topic of it being rigged or something.

If I live in Indiana....I would be Bit&ch678 them out so much that Hell,MICHAGAN would be hearing my yelling!!! (Yes there is a Hell,MI) LOL

Sorry about the comments...was in a weird mood at work last night or today or what ever day were on...I loose track on 3rd shift...

I thought it was funny also...hence the guys ROFLOL...

CT had one winner in 2005 and I was working right up the road where they got the ticket from...Go figure..

PP

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
                            Magnolia, Delaware
                            United States
                            Member #18795
                            July 20, 2005
                            789 Posts
                            Posted: January 28, 2006, 9:34 am - IP Logged

I just don't understand people, I guess I never will. One would think that if something so upsetting as playing the lottery gives so much displeasure to so many on a particular game, "Why Play It"! I mean if it pisses you off so much and the great many others in your state, why play the rigged game (as you all seem to think)? Seems to me the whole lot of you are glutens for punishment! Now if all of you are so dissatisfied with the game would just stop playing it, maybe the lottery would get the message by the lack of funds being wagered on that particular game would get their attention! But it's going to take the majority of you in your state to get something done about it one-way or another! And it seems that the only thing that would ever get their attention would be the lack of "MONEY BEING WAGERED ON THAT GAME"! So, if all of you do your part in your community to get the word out to the others that are so dissatisfied and get them to also partake in the boycott of that game maybe you'll get noticed and get something done for once by taking some kind of action! Get the word out in the different communities around you! But to complain on here and to do nothing isn't going to accomplish a thing! 

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

Indiana
                              United States
                              Member #29196
                              December 29, 2005
                              280 Posts
                              Posted: January 28, 2006, 9:52 am - IP Logged

No problem powerplayer...I just wanted to make sure everyone knew where I was coming from.  to further illustrate my point I will tell you a funny story...

Yesterday I was out and about and I ran into a young guy who comes into my store and buys lottery tickets.  We both had the day off.  I proceed to tell him that we have a local winner.  Before I can finish anything he gets this sad look on his face, shakes his head and says:

Doooohoooohoooohooood!  You F'd up Doooooooooood!  You should never have told them where you lived Dooooood.  They did that just so you'd buy tickets again.  Maaaahaaan!  They're laughing at you Dooooood!  They're punishing you Doooood for complaining!  Maaaaahaaaan...that's just wrong Dooooood! 

Now he seems like a pretty good kid to me but I have to say...my guess is he wasn't off work yesterday because NASA was having a slow day.

But the bottom line is this is the way a lot of people perceive the Hoosier Lottery.  And given the timng of the whole thing...it does make one wonder.  

Jim