Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottosync V1.7 - is it fixed?

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 11 years ago by RJOh.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #1340
April 6, 2003
2450 Posts
Posted: February 4, 2006, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

I have developed failed systems on the forums (most recently "soniq boom" for pick3/4) but I know they don't work... a simple circular reference error made me believe it was better than it actually was... developing out in the open allowed a few fresh pairs of eyes to see the error. I know these systems don't work, and I know I don't have any edge alone... so why not openly develop stuff with a group of like-minded experimenters in an open forum... we KNOW nothing works, so why put a pricetag on it? In the process of open development, everybody gets better at whatever the chosen method is... in the SB case it was excel... everyone involved got a bit better at excel, myself included. would be the same for MS access, basic programming, even pencil and paper tracking like tntea's v-tracs.

I am relatively sure we will never find a programming answer to our basic questions, but it's the thrill of the journey itself that keeps me in it. Most have systems that they keep a guarded secret that don't work... but they don't want to share them "just in case"... I have never held back on any research I have done, it's all been open, shared and most importantly, free. this goes for powerball as well as pick3/4.

I have thrown out my ideas and systems to be analyzed, scrutinized and debunked... they all have and I learned a great deal in the process.

I still stand by my original assessment of the talent pool here... IF we all worked together, we could probably make some serious headway into getting better than random results. Andrew's winHunter program is developed in the open on another forum, he releases source code and helps new users get up to speed with the use of the system... it is far too complex to be of use for anything other than what it was designed to do, develop systems and compare "stacks".

Something along those lines here would be geat... a system that could involve everyone (programmers to help develop it, users to test it with different data and report bugs) some sort of framework that could work with different ideas, different systems... something that could "learn" would be nice but anything as a unified effort would be great... sourceforge is a free site that would host such a project.

I have followed marco's advice and looked up "strange attractors", it would have been better if he explained the theory a bit more, but we run into the dreaded "P" word... Proprietary... I don't think we will ever get to see what makes synch1.xx tick because marco has painted himself into a corner... He charged for the system, now he has a (mostly unhappy) custormer base... he made claims (remember when goose did that?) that were never realized. If he ever did change his mind and decide to open the development, the people who paid for it would be more than a little upset. He could explain the theory without code examples and we all could take it from there, but I don't see that happening either.

I will keep on trying... right now I am working on refining kbcherokee's "bell curve" system... once the bugs are worked out I will release that too (free of course) in excel. I have another system in it's infancy that creates fingerprints of a draw (odd/even, up/down/repeat from last draw, decade, pre-draw column) and that will take a while to finish... but that one will eventually be shared as well... both systems make no claims, they don't pick winning numbers, they just present the same data in different ways... and ONLY by sharing can we gain insight on the interpretation of this data (or any data).

MadDog's PB/MM challenge is always interesting to see, they are making better and better picks all the time (4+1 to date from 15/5 picks of the 55/42 matrix of PB)... would be even more interesting if the contestants explained how they picked the numbers...

dreaming out loud again... mark my words, we will see no real progress until people begin working together... I am sure that soon someone will have used winHunter to nail a 6/49 or bigger jackpot... then that board will be all the rage.

oh well, back to the spreadsheets

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19825 Posts
    Posted: February 4, 2006, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

In the MadDog's PB/MM challenges no one person is a consistent winner so knowing how they got lucky once in a while might not be of much help.  If any of the participants start hitting 3+0 or better consistently then that person might be on to something.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
      Member #13130
      March 30, 2005
      2171 Posts
      Posted: February 4, 2006, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

The strange attractor can be thought of as a bias (point, region, or area) in n-space. Nothing proprietary there.

If anyone knows what this program's flaw is, I'm sure it can be either fixed, or have it's output fed into another program to cure what ails it.

Some of the ideas and filters (in this arena) are in direct opposition to each other. You can see that by some of the "conflict" that shows up when a method works for some places and not others. One faction will swear by it, and another will claim it the worst thing since the plague. If we all worked on 1 system, we'd get a big mess. Some projects are best worked on alone. The Ford Edsel was designed by a committee. 

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
      Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #1340
        April 6, 2003
        2450 Posts
        Posted: February 4, 2006, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

as was the Boeing 777

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
          Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: February 4, 2006, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

The "rules" of a game are dicided by the past draws of that game, so no "STATIC" system or method will ever work as well as a "DYNAMIC" system or method, the past draws' history for a particular state must constantly be "SCANNED" for changes in the "Rules", what worked 2 weeks ago, might not be working this week, even for the very same day draw and the same state, this is why many or most "Static" systems fail, also they don't take into account different day draws different segments of time, like before, now and later and different states also.

And then there is the fact that many or most people don't know what to "Scan: or look for in or on the past draws, Rules ? What rules ? That might be their answer, many people only see numbers or digits, but not any-kind of patterns.

The past draws are or is a database of inter-related information and statistics, even if it does not appear to have any kind of logical reasoning to this statement.

People will say "But the lottery balls have no memory" and the last draw has nothing to do with the next draw.

Unbelievers will never find a way to win and so won't win.

Logic and common sense as it is known by people have nothing to do with this.

All that matters are statitsics and practical results.

All and any talk about random is pretty much useless.

Every single position of the past draws is and "Information Map", proper use of it is the key to winning more often.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19825 Posts
            Posted: February 4, 2006, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

I doubt if Lottosync V1.7 is broke.  Can it be improved?  Maybe.  If the fact that a lottery program can't pick a winner is an indication that it is broke, then all lottery programs are broke. 

Lottery programs are tools.  Are they tools that will help a player win?  Maybe.  Should programmers sell lottery programs that can't help a player win?  Why not if players already know that programs don't work and still want to buy one anyway. 

Players need some one to blame when they lose their money and since all lotteries payout money to someone (the winners), they can't be blamed.  I unfortunately write my own programs so when I lose I can only blame myself.

Evil Looking       

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
              Dump Water Florida
              United States
              Member #380
              June 5, 2002
              3103 Posts
              Posted: February 5, 2006, 12:11 am - IP Logged

There have been a couple of lottery programs that generate hundreds even thousands of "systems" against the next draw and after tell you which ones were the most successful.  Of course those same successful systems don't win the next time, but it gets me to wonder how it would be if these were real systems like gail howard chart picks, etc. instead of simple one up one down systems and such.  It would be interesting to see if any system were better at picking all the winning numbers.  Lottery Directory http://www.ldir.com has a routine that counts winning picks among the pick lines, but leans more toward having a lot of 3 and 4 numbers correct among the pick lines then all six.  BobP

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                Tx
                United States
                Member #4570
                May 4, 2004
                5180 Posts
                Posted: February 5, 2006, 1:03 am - IP Logged

There have been a couple of lottery programs that generate hundreds even thousands of "systems" against the next draw and after tell you which ones were the most successful.  Of course those same successful systems don't win the next time, but it gets me to wonder how it would be if these were real systems like gail howard chart picks, etc. instead of simple one up one down systems

Yes, that program for the most part at least on the pick 3 (I never used it for any other game) is junk, there are only 2 ways that I found in which it can be of some use, but it took almost forever to find and many weeks of many hours a day, I of the uses was for finding pairs in a very work-around way in which the program was not designed to do, not in the way that I did and the other use I don't want to talk about that at all.

Other wise most of the pick 3's program's functions were useless to me, which is most of the program, what a waste of time and maybe programming effort, I found it's 2 good uses more by luck than by anything else, after hundreds of hours of use, because in my very slow computer the program takes forever to give (Failed) predictions (what a waste of time).

As to Lottery Director, I have never used it (just the demo and only for a very quick-see), but from what I have heard, it does appear to be very much better in all accounts (where it counts).

I myself lean more towards, VersaBet34 for a program that gives predictions, for a non-predicting one, the Deflate 3 System and the Crunch 2.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19825 Posts
                  Posted: February 5, 2006, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

A lottery program that could generate thousands of "systems" for all drawings and calculate their percent of success in past drawings might be of some value, especially for jackpot style games.  If a system has worked several times on past drawings, it likely to work again in the future and in jackpot games most players are happy to hit the jackpot once in a life time.  The system one use just has to be affordable so one could play it every drawing until it hit again.

Evil Looking