Welcome Guest
You last visited July 21, 2017, 6:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

BetSlips.com - Todd?

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Todd.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23766 Posts
Posted: February 7, 2006, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

Todd, I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, If I request a funds transfer it will take 4 to 6 weeks for me to receive it?

In the event that a Valid Participation Form includes winning in an accumulative prize, up to a total sum of US $10,000, then the Company will transfer the winning sum due to it, to the personal Participant's Account of the relevant participant, upon where it can be used in leau of a credit card payment for future orders. Upon participant's request in writing, the Company will pay to the participant any fraction of the balance of funds contained in the Participant's Account, so long as the amount paid out to the participant is US $50 or greater. If the Participant's Account contains less than $50, those funds must remain in the Participant's Account until they are either exhausted from future orders or have exceeded $50. A funds transfer to the particiapant will take, on average, four to six weeks. The participant will be assessed a transfer fee of approximately US $15 to $30 for each transfer request that participant requests in writing. Transfers of large prizes could incur larger transfer fees, depending on the method of transfer.

I think they're referring to the time it would take to get a check sent, or something like that.  Obviously, it does not take 4-6 weeks to get a credit on your credit card, if that's what you chose.  Honestly, I'm not a spokesperson for them, so if you need clarification on any of their rules, please write to them directly.  I'll do my best to answer common-sense answers, but they are the only ones who can answer something like this for sure. 

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Snakeyes's avatar - 8579390479 65f71643cf_m.jpg
    Cleveland, Ohio
    United States
    Member #11445
    February 13, 2005
    1303 Posts
    Posted: February 7, 2006, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

Hmm... I thought I'd try to post my opinion on this stuff, but it seems to be getting lost.  For all you who thinks it "stinks" and that's the end of it, then I suggest you look elsewhere.  Anyone else who wants to work with an obviously superior web site (and company) can be a little more constructive.

I see these same kind of petty non-constructive comments every time I post a recommendation about a new web site, and it always makes me wish that I didn't waste my time researching these things.

I thought I was pretty constructive Smile

Regardless, I appreciate the effort you put in to identify viable and "trustworthy" organizations to place wagers with. I would much rather deal with these rules knowing that in fact, they will honor their end of the agreement (I win, I receive a monetary prize based on my monetary wager).

Now, if you want to waste your time; put your vette against mine in a 1/4 mile run. Big Grin

Thanks again, 

Snakeyes

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
      The Carolinas - Charlotte
      United States
      Member #21627
      September 12, 2005
      4138 Posts
      Posted: February 7, 2006, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

Yeah...ditto Snakeyes. The whole idea I thought was to provide some feedback on the site so everyone could see. It's certainly not a slam on you Todd...we're grateful that we can have a site to go to and wager if need be.

Zoozie's avatar - back
        South Fort Myers
        United States
        Member #26835
        November 23, 2005
        454 Posts
        Posted: February 7, 2006, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

Yup - I don't think anyone was slamming anyone.  As you had stated, Todd... you wouldn't recommend a site unless you felt it was worthy.  We just had some questions/concerns since this site is recommended by you.

Kinda scary that the domain name is locked and is registered out of Singapore.  Their site states Bahamas, so that is a little confusing and concerning to me.

Zoozie  Dance

"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve"
        Napoleon Hill

Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11350 Posts
          Posted: February 7, 2006, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

if you win 9,000 on a straight will that money soon be available on your card or do you have to wait 4 to 6 weeks?

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8511 Posts
            Posted: February 7, 2006, 4:53 pm - IP Logged
            Look anytime you deal with money changing hands there are going to be fees. Like if you owe a bill and go to western union and do a money transfer it could cost anywhere from 15 to 30 bucks.

Or go to your bank and ask them to wire transfer money from east coast to the West coast cost is anywhere from 30 to 75 bucks. Transferring money overseas forget about it, cost can be high especially if currency denominations are to be changed from American to Euros.

Want to withdraw money from your credit card guess what that cost too.

So if your going to deal with Internet gambling then you have to be able to deal with the pitfalls. If you cant afford the fees then you shouldn't be playing there. Nobody is going to do business where transferring money is concerned for free. Don't like there set up wait for changes to take effect. contact them and see it they will do western union swift pay. There are rules and regulation's for that also.

read the fine print

Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23766 Posts
              Posted: February 7, 2006, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

four4me,

Thanks for adding that dose of reality to the discussion.  I think that maybe because I've spent so much time researching this stuff, I forget that other people don't necessarily understand these concepts in as great depth, and I just sort of assume that people do. 

As a result, I tend to focus on things that are much more important, like how good the company is, what kind of games they offer, ease of use, flexibility of account management, etc., and I tend to focus less on the things that I know will not have a big impact, like a small payout fee (which everyone has), or whether it takes one week or two weeks to get the money.

To those who voiced concerns about that web site's payouts, I'll just say that in my opinion there is nothing unusual or overbearing about their policies.  They are normal, and maybe you just need to become accustomed to these things.  Also, as I said before (and doesn't seem to be getting read), I'm sure that the more we all use them, the more power we can hold, as far as working out changes to any policies we'd like to see differently.

Lastly, anyone can feel free to post whatever questions they want, but for detailed questions, like the ones posted about how long it takes to get paid by credit card, you really should be sending the question to them on their web site.  (They have a contact page.)  Since they are new, I don't think there is anyone here who can answer those kind of questions yet.

JAP69's avatar - alas
                South Carolina
                United States
                Member #6
                November 4, 2001
                8801 Posts
                Posted: February 7, 2006, 6:10 pm - IP Logged
                Look anytime you deal with money changing hands there are going to be fees. Like if you owe a bill and go to western union and do a money transfer it could cost anywhere from 15 to 30 bucks.

Or go to your bank and ask them to wire transfer money from east coast to the West coast cost is anywhere from 30 to 75 bucks. Transferring money overseas forget about it, cost can be high especially if currency denominations are to be changed from American to Euros.

Want to withdraw money from your credit card guess what that cost too.

So if your going to deal with Internet gambling then you have to be able to deal with the pitfalls. If you cant afford the fees then you shouldn't be playing there. Nobody is going to do business where transferring money is concerned for free. Don't like there set up wait for changes to take effect. contact them and see it they will do western union swift pay. There are rules and regulation's for that also.

read the fine print

I agree with Four4me

With 900 to 1 whats a few fees.

Oo'Ka

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  20097 Posts
                  Posted: February 7, 2006, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

In Ohio when lottery players win more than $500 they can file a claim with the state and get all their money when ever or go to a bank which the state has selected to act on its behalf, pay a fee and get their money right away.  The winners know this from the get-go and make their choice accordingly.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Poway CA (San Diego County)
                    United States
                    Member #3489
                    January 25, 2004
                    14120 Posts
                    Posted: February 7, 2006, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

I haven't looked real closely at the web site.  I did see that it said you had to enter one ticket at a time.  That along with the fees (and I like lottaloot have never paid any fees for withdrawing money from the "other place") will deter me from using them. 

This site may have merit after they have been around for awhile and make the same type of changes the other site had to make over time. 

Poway CA (San Diego County)
                      United States
                      Member #3489
                      January 25, 2004
                      14120 Posts
                      Posted: February 7, 2006, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

Now I see that you can enter more than one number at a time.  The instructions said something about entering one ticket at a time.  I didn't see a Pick 4. 

Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23766 Posts
                        Posted: February 7, 2006, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

I haven't looked real closely at the web site.  I did see that it said you had to enter one ticket at a time.  That along with the fees (and I like lottaloot have never paid any fees for withdrawing money from the "other place") will deter me from using them. 

This site may have merit after they have been around for awhile and make the same type of changes the other site had to make over time. 

You don't have to enter one ticket at a time, that's wrong.  You enter all the ticket numbers at once in one entry area, and you can enter it with or without punctuation.  It's actually quite a nice entry form, probably something I could learn from.

The other site states right on their page that withdrawals are $15 for Neteller (what most people use), and $30 for wire transfers.  So I don't know what the heck you're talking about when you say it's free there.

This whole topic gives me an ill feeling, and it's just plain wrong.  You go ahead and give money to thugs at the coin site.  I refuse, and I will keep reminding people of what they are doing.  I guess you haven't been threatened by them yet.