Welcome Guest
You last visited October 23, 2017, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do You Think You'll Win The Lottery?

Topic closed. 56 replies. Last post 12 years ago by BevsPicks.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Do you honestly think you'll evern win the lottery?

Yes. [ 45 ]  [71.43%]
No. [ 7 ]  [11.11%]
Not sure. [ 11 ]  [17.46%]
Total Valid Votes [ 63 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 10 ]  

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: March 3, 2006, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

I'll have most or all transferred to Euros anyway because I want to move to europe one day.

And if you win the lottery over there...it's all lump sum!

Annual Payments's avatar - annual 20payments.jpg
    Houston, TX
    United States
    Member #9841
    December 23, 2004
    236 Posts
    Posted: March 3, 2006, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

that's fine.  =)  I hear it's tax free too.

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: March 3, 2006, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

that's fine.  =)  I hear it's tax free too.

So is Canada. Why not move up there, especially with this global warming?

Maine
        United States
        Member #12412
        March 13, 2005
        21 Posts
        Posted: March 4, 2006, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

Hello everyone,

Yes, I do think I will win the lottery someday.  I like working with the numbers and using the Gail Howard Advantage Plus system.  There is alot of helpful information and very helpful members who are glad to help, just waiting to be asked.  I have been playing since 1988 and have seen no real return, I just enjoy looking at the numbers.  When it starts to feel like work, or is not fun, I just take some time off and come back to it.  Sometimes all it takes is someone to talk to who shows you a different way of looking and combining numbers.  It would be nice to have a separate place in real time to instant message about the lottery.  I think Todd does an amazing job with this site.  I was very happy to discover it as I have been a "closet" lottery player for quite a few years.  There are not many people who'll admit to having the same optimism about numbers as I do.  I'm glad to see others who share my interest.  I play Fantasy 5 (FL).  By the way to the members who have been on the site much longer than I, has any winner ever come back and told of their win?  That would be exciting to read about and fuel the fire again for all of us.  Don't give up!  Good luck everyone!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23962 Posts
          Posted: March 4, 2006, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

Hello everyone,

Yes, I do think I will win the lottery someday.  I like working with the numbers and using the Gail Howard Advantage Plus system.  There is alot of helpful information and very helpful members who are glad to help, just waiting to be asked.  I have been playing since 1988 and have seen no real return, I just enjoy looking at the numbers.  When it starts to feel like work, or is not fun, I just take some time off and come back to it.  Sometimes all it takes is someone to talk to who shows you a different way of looking and combining numbers.  It would be nice to have a separate place in real time to instant message about the lottery.  I think Todd does an amazing job with this site.  I was very happy to discover it as I have been a "closet" lottery player for quite a few years.  There are not many people who'll admit to having the same optimism about numbers as I do.  I'm glad to see others who share my interest.  I play Fantasy 5 (FL).  By the way to the members who have been on the site much longer than I, has any winner ever come back and told of their win?  That would be exciting to read about and fuel the fire again for all of us.  Don't give up!  Good luck everyone!

Hi Gailfan!

Thanks for the nice compliment about the site, I really appreciate it.

Every Sunday night (tomorrow!) from 8:00 - 10:00 Eastern Time we have a live chat session.  Just come to the site at that time and there will be a red link at the top of the page directing you to the real-time chat.

It uses Flash, so you may want to be sure you have the latest version installed ahead of time.  Just go to the Chat menu option in the Forums menu, and there is a link to the Flash download page at Macromedia.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Maine
            United States
            Member #12412
            March 13, 2005
            21 Posts
            Posted: March 4, 2006, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Todd,

I'll do my best to be there. 

United States
              Member #16612
              June 2, 2005
              3493 Posts
              Posted: March 4, 2006, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

I have lost faith in winning the lottery. The most I ever win was $23 in 2001. Otherwise, I keep losing money.

Sparta, NJ
                United States
                Member #18331
                July 9, 2005
                1977 Posts
                Posted: March 4, 2006, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

I hold on to some optimism. 

People who don't want lump sum actually are pessimists. Why they still play I don't know.

Add it to the list of many things you don't know.  Choosing annuity is not being pessimistic.  You are, in fact, the epitome of pessimism.  When you spend your life looking through tunnel vision, you get a narrow viewpoint.  There are a multitude of reasons to choose either, only the one who can choose has to worry about the outcome.  Your position on the majority is ludicrous.  It makes no sense whatsoever.  At one time, the majority thought the world was flat.  At one time, the majority thought slavery was acceptable.  At one time, most Americans thought all Russians were out to kill their children. 

Your narrow viewpoint hasn't influenced a single person.  A free thinker knows there are options, and will choose what is best for them - never, ever, considering what you think is best for you!  People are going to choose what makes them happy, not what you think will make them happy. If you can name a jackpot winner from a major lottery, who has been influenced by you, lets hear their name.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Sparta, NJ
                  United States
                  Member #18331
                  July 9, 2005
                  1977 Posts
                  Posted: March 4, 2006, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

I have lost faith in winning the lottery. The most I ever win was $23 in 2001. Otherwise, I keep losing money.

You're too young to give up - on anything.  Experience a lot more of life before you give up.  The lottery doesn't make guarentees, it provides challenges.  It you like it, turn it into fun.  Then maybe lady luck will look kindly on you.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg
                    Washington State
                    United States
                    Member #33973
                    February 26, 2006
                    349 Posts
                    Posted: March 5, 2006, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

Here is how I look at it.  Some people spend money almost weekly on going to movies, buying DVDs, golfing, or tickets to concerts or athletic events.  I spend money on none of those.  Some people spend 20 hours or more weekly watching TV.  I might spend one hour a month.  So if I want to spend five or ten bucks a week on lottery tickets and an hour now and then thinking what I'd do with all that money should I win, that's my form of entertainment. 

Do I really think I'll win?  I know the odds, but there is always that hope.

Down's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
                      Riverside, Ca
                      United States
                      Member #21722
                      September 14, 2005
                      173 Posts
                      Posted: March 5, 2006, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

Losers win it big on the Lottery.

United States
                        Member #33085
                        February 18, 2006
                        752 Posts
                        Posted: March 22, 2006, 6:18 am - IP Logged

GREAT POLL - SIMPLE ANSWER 

Of course!  EVERYONE should believe that they could win! Otherwise purchasing a ticket would be a mute point.  Yes, the odds of you winning are tremendous but if you didn't think that you did not have a chance of winning you would not purchase a ticket (I hope.)  If you didn't think that you could win you wouldn't check your numbers.  The one thing that ALL winners have in common is:

EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM

BOUGHT A TICKET!!!

Let's keep playing!!!Party