Welcome Guest
You last visited October 24, 2017, 3:21 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is ist legal to play powerball online??

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Germany
Member #32740
February 15, 2006
3 Posts
Posted: February 16, 2006, 11:27 am - IP Logged

Is ist legal to play powerball online??? Who do you recommend.....??? Saw Lottery Universe and they pay only up to a million......

Let me know,

Thanks

konane's avatar - wallace
    Atlanta, GA
    United States
    Member #1265
    March 13, 2003
    3782 Posts
    Posted: February 16, 2006, 11:35 am - IP Logged

To be safe you might want to check applicable laws where you live. 

Good luck if you do decide to play!!  Dance

Good luck to everyone!

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8577 Posts
      Posted: February 16, 2006, 11:45 am - IP Logged

Is ist legal to play powerball online??? Who do you recommend.....??? Saw Lottery Universe and they pay only up to a million......

Let me know,

Thanks

see the left side of this screen click powerball it will take you to the service that sells tickets.

Prime ticket service.

Germany
        Member #32740
        February 15, 2006
        3 Posts
        Posted: February 16, 2006, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

I live in Europe......

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
          United States
          Member #19651
          August 3, 2005
          621 Posts
          Posted: February 16, 2006, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

I get euro millions  from PTS  and power ball

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8577 Posts
            Posted: February 16, 2006, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

look read the rules if you want tickets buy them from the service. i would not suggest it if i thought you couldn't play here is one of the rules

Am I Eligible to Play?

You must be 18 years old to use our lottery services.

There are no legal restrictions to keep anyone from playing, regardless of what country you live in or what your citizenship is.  However, because of the thousands of local laws in place everywhere around the world, we cannot make a blanket guarantee that your particular jurisdiction does not have an "anti-lottery-service" law.

You should only use our service if you are comfortable doing so.  Even though there may not be a law against using a lottery service, your peace of mind is the most important thing to us!  Just know that once you do feel comfortable utilizing a lottery service, we'll do everything we can to make your lottery experience fun, smooth, and trouble-free.

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
              The Carolinas - Charlotte
              United States
              Member #21627
              September 12, 2005
              4138 Posts
              Posted: February 16, 2006, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

Just read the rules and be wary of them so that you don't get hosed in the event of a jackpot win. I know that betslips allows you to play, but they own 1% of the ticket, which isn't all that bad, if you ask me.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8577 Posts
                Posted: February 16, 2006, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

Just read the rules and be wary of them so that you don't get hosed in the event of a jackpot win. I know that betslips allows you to play, but they own 1% of the ticket, which isn't all that bad, if you ask me.

PTS is hosted by Todd he approved the site and uses the service himself he would sponcer the site if it wern't safe and secure.

United States
                  Member #21627
                  September 12, 2005
                  4138 Posts
                  Posted: February 16, 2006, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

four4me

I am aware of that. The post was made just so that the player gets their own level of comfort. I have no problem with PTS' services, nor do I have a problem with Betslips' services. I think they are both top-notch and I plan to use them for years.

*shameless plug by cps10* haha

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
                    Member #24380
                    October 21, 2005
                    623 Posts
                    Posted: February 16, 2006, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

PTS is hosted by Todd he approved the site and uses the service himself he would sponcer the site if it wern't safe and secure.

Hey, thanks!  This is a partial answer to a question I asked a few days ago.  What makes lottery clubs, services, whatever name they are called, illegal?  How can an online group get a lottery and it not be considered illegal to be a member of it.  What legal terms in the by-laws or incorporation papers would make it legal?

United States
                      Member #21627
                      September 12, 2005
                      4138 Posts
                      Posted: February 16, 2006, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

Lolli

That is a tough legal question. I guess it can all be legit as long as you are not having tickets mailed through the U.S. Post Office. However, trusting the person running the pool when joining an online group can be tricky, as they must be willing to send you signed documentation about who gets what share of any jackpot, etc.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8577 Posts
                        Posted: February 16, 2006, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

four4me

I am aware of that. The post was made just so that the player gets their own level of comfort. I have no problem with PTS' services, nor do I have a problem with Betslips' services. I think they are both top-notch and I plan to use them for years.

*shameless plug by cps10* haha

I'm not going to go into a battle of whit's with you over this but when you wrote:

Just read the rules and be wary of them so that you don't get hosed in the event of a jackpot win.

Implies that there is lack of trust that you'll get paid..... completely opposite of feeling secure.

United States
                          Member #21627
                          September 12, 2005
                          4138 Posts
                          Posted: February 16, 2006, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

What I meant...perhaps I phrased it incorrectly was that a person should be comfortable with whom they are playing before investing any money regardless. I guess I'm actually saying that if you go to Joe Blow's Ticket Outlet, just pay attention to what you might be getting into.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                            MD
                            United States
                            Member #1701
                            June 18, 2003
                            8577 Posts
                            Posted: February 16, 2006, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

Let me know,

Thanks

See this is what I'm talking about he wanted to get a recommendation of a safe secure site and I provided that information I did not sent him to some other site I sent him to a site sponsored by Todd now whether on not the person uses it is up to him but no one mentioned PTS.

Whether on not it's legal for the person to play there will depend on the laws in his country. And prime ticket says that in their profile under the rules.

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
                              Member #24380
                              October 21, 2005
                              623 Posts
                              Posted: February 16, 2006, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

Lolli

That is a tough legal question. I guess it can all be legit as long as you are not having tickets mailed through the U.S. Post Office. However, trusting the person running the pool when joining an online group can be tricky, as they must be willing to send you signed documentation about who gets what share of any jackpot, etc.

So how do the winners get their claims or tickets, whatever.  Via another carrier, i.e. UPS, FedEx, etc.?