Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is ist legal to play powerball online??

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Todd.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
The Carolinas - Charlotte
United States
Member #21627
September 12, 2005
4138 Posts
Posted: February 16, 2006, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

The person holding the tickets should scan them and send them via email. Winnings is something you will have to take up with the administrator of the pool you are involved in.

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8362 Posts
    Posted: February 16, 2006, 3:05 pm - IP Logged
    mylollipop
    a lottery club is a whole different matter. It's against the law to mail lottery tickets. in your case you should have some papers drawn up to include all the members in the pool have each sign the form as to how the money will be disbursed should you win. And include any incidentals like one person might want cash another might want annuity. Each person should agree on only one form of disbursement. Having different payment methods will be a pain.
    Assign a designated person to purchase all the tickets in one name for the group. Unless of course the ticket service will allow multiple names on the purchase in the clubs name. If you all win then more than likely you will all have to be present to claim the prize and fill out the claim forms. No matter what every detail of winning should be discussed and agreed upon and signed in writing. This way no one can refute the rules of engagement.
      United States
      Member #21627
      September 12, 2005
      4138 Posts
      Posted: February 16, 2006, 3:10 pm - IP Logged
      mylollipop
      a lottery club is a whole different matter. It's against the law to mail lottery tickets. in your case you should have some papers drawn up to include all the members in the pool have each sign the form as to how the money will be disbursed should you win. And include any incidentals like one person might want cash another might want annuity. Each person should agree on only one form of disbursement. Having different payment methods will be a pain.
      Assign a designated person to purchase all the tickets in one name for the group. Unless of course the ticket service will allow multiple names on the purchase in the clubs name. If you all win then more than likely you will all have to be present to claim the prize and fill out the claim forms. No matter what every detail of winning should be discussed and agreed upon and signed in writing. This way no one can refute the rules of engagement.

I Agree!  110%

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23267 Posts
        Posted: February 16, 2006, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

Just read the rules and be wary of them so that you don't get hosed in the event of a jackpot win. I know that betslips allows you to play, but they own 1% of the ticket, which isn't all that bad, if you ask me.

PTS is hosted by Todd he approved the site and uses the service himself he would sponcer the site if it wern't safe and secure.

No, that's not correct.  I do not host PTS.

I did investigate them, and I heartily recommend them, but saying that I host them implies something else entirely.  Saying I host them means that they pay me for the use my web space for their web site, and that is not the case.  They host their site someplace else, and I really have nothing to do with that.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23267 Posts
          Posted: February 16, 2006, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

Is ist legal to play powerball online??? Who do you recommend.....??? Saw Lottery Universe and they pay only up to a million......

Let me know,

Thanks

Hopefully you would never seriously consider playing at that web site.  Why would you pay a web site $2 per "ticket" for a 1 in 176,000,000 change of winning $1 million?  That's just plain wacky.

United States
            Member #21627
            September 12, 2005
            4138 Posts
            Posted: February 16, 2006, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

Ya...heck, I will charge only $1 per "ticket" if that helps you out!! LOL

Stooges

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8362 Posts
              Posted: February 16, 2006, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

Just read the rules and be wary of them so that you don't get hosed in the event of a jackpot win. I know that betslips allows you to play, but they own 1% of the ticket, which isn't all that bad, if you ask me.

PTS is hosted by Todd he approved the site and uses the service himself he would sponcer the site if it wern't safe and secure.

No, that's not correct.  I do not host PTS.

I did investigate them, and I heartily recommend them, but saying that I host them implies something else entirely.  Saying I host them means that they pay me for the use my web space for their web site, and that is not the case.  They host their site someplace else, and I really have nothing to do with that.

sorry about that boss i should of worded my responce better. Trying to get my point that PTS was a safer outfit to work with than his first choice.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19828 Posts
                Posted: February 16, 2006, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

MrJohn,

Every lottery buying service work fine when you aren't winning.  The real question should be "Have you collected more money than you spent?".  

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8362 Posts
                  Posted: February 16, 2006, 7:27 pm - IP Logged
                  Still I don't know now Todd I think I used the term host appropriately. As a host implies that their service is on your site. They don't have to pay to be hosted. If I were invited to your house you would be the host. I'm not paying you to come to the invite.

If prime time is not paying you and they are on your site you are their host. (I do not know) got me scratching head now.

in either event my intention was to show that prime time was located on this site and some people who are members on this site use prime time services.

Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23267 Posts
                    Posted: February 16, 2006, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

No, I am not their host, just like I am not Amazon.com's host (I display ads for both companies).

PTS is not located on this website.  Their ad is posted here (that's all), and they host their web site on their own web server, not mine.