Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Best Method to Collect - Powerball

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 11 years ago by sirbrad.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Bible belt state
United States
Member #23795
October 16, 2005
33 Posts
Posted: February 18, 2006, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

cash

Bible belt state
    United States
    Member #23795
    October 16, 2005
    33 Posts
    Posted: February 18, 2006, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

i do wonder though. like stated above..where do you put the money? I mean when you take the cash option what bank would cash that???

Iowa
      United States
      Member #30051
      January 11, 2006
      12 Posts
      Posted: February 18, 2006, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

i do wonder though. like stated above..where do you put the money? I mean when you take the cash option what bank would cash that???

I still haven't found a concrete answer tho that myself.  I googled banks and where to deposit millions and never really found anything.

However using the search term "wealth management" did yield some better results on where in the world to banks when you are a multi-millionaire.

Sparta, NJ
        United States
        Member #18331
        July 9, 2005
        1977 Posts
        Posted: February 18, 2006, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

I still haven't found a concrete answer tho that myself.  I googled banks and where to deposit millions and never really found anything.

However using the search term "wealth management" did yield some better results on where in the world to banks when you are a multi-millionaire.

After you win, call the Bank of America and tell them you won a hundred millions dollars Saturday night.  Ask them if they have some one who can help you.  They can probably come up with one person who does that sort of thing.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Bible belt state
          United States
          Member #23795
          October 16, 2005
          33 Posts
          Posted: February 18, 2006, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

After you win, call the Bank of America and tell them you won a hundred millions dollars Saturday night.  Ask them if they have some one who can help you.  They can probably come up with one person who does that sort of thing.

true. I am sure any bank would love to help you lol

Falls Church, VA
            United States
            Member #26811
            November 22, 2005
            2 Posts
            Posted: February 18, 2006, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

There are something like 3000 different depository banks in America.  It'd be cumbersome, but FDIC covers the $100K per account, PER bank.  In any case, I'm sure I'd have to get something a little more robust than my current "free student checking." Big Smile

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
              Magnolia, Delaware
              United States
              Member #18795
              July 20, 2005
              789 Posts
              Posted: February 18, 2006, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

Gold or Platinum People - Gold or Platinum.  Has been a staple since the beginning of the barter system.  Money comes and goes like country's come and go.  Gold or Platinum is always there.  Get gold or Platinum bars, get gold coins. Get gold dust.  Use it for whatever cash is popular at the moment, or just spend it.  You win a hundred million or so, buy a couple of million in gold or Platinum!

I Agree! 

I'll be getting both Gold and Platinum bars! That's the only two truly spendable commodities anywhere in the world! No coins for this person, only bars and more bars!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

United States
                Member #1826
                July 11, 2003
                2645 Posts
                Posted: February 18, 2006, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

Gold or Platinum People - Gold or Platinum.  Has been a staple since the beginning of the barter system.  Money comes and goes like country's come and go.  Gold or Platinum is always there.  Get gold or Platinum bars, get gold coins. Get gold dust.  Use it for whatever cash is popular at the moment, or just spend it.  You win a hundred million or so, buy a couple of million in gold or Platinum!

I Agree! 

I'll be getting both Gold and Platinum bars! That's the only two truly spendable commodities anywhere in the world! No coins for this person, only bars and more bars!

That is the smartest thing I've ever heard.

(insert signature here)

Stars's avatar - basket
                  Englewood, NJ
                  United States
                  Member #1994
                  August 5, 2003
                  31 Posts
                  Posted: February 18, 2006, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

Chewie's right....Do you think a bank such as BOA with trillions invested with them would mess up with your 90 million...

Right now my accounts are with BOA, but when I win I would go with Citibank, which I believe is the worlds largest financial institution...plus my brother in law is a VP with Citicorp.

Stars

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                    PA
                    United States
                    Member #22983
                    October 6, 2005
                    2226 Posts
                    Posted: February 18, 2006, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

Also who says you have to have an interest bearing account and continue paying taxes? Personally I would never spend anymore than a million or two TOPS for everything that I need or want for the next 50 years. Although you would still make more money in interest than you would lose through taxes, it would not be necessary with this kind of money, as you would never spend it all unless you were really stupid.