Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Reaction

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Uff Da!.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

How would your reaction be seeing the PB #'s on your ticket?

Faint [ 5 ]  [12.20%]
Jump around wildly [ 13 ]  [31.71%]
Get sick [ 3 ]  [7.32%]
Lose all capabilty of speaking [ 11 ]  [26.83%]
stutter "we won..we won" [ 9 ]  [21.95%]
Total Valid Votes [ 41 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
Palm Harbor, FL
United States
Member #32362
February 11, 2006
145 Posts
Posted: February 18, 2006, 10:34 am - IP Logged

Like my previous post..my sequence would be below:

Confused  Shocked  Confused  Shocked      Hyper    Hyper  Thud   

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: February 18, 2006, 10:38 am - IP Logged

does pissing your pants qualify as a proper response?

Sparta, NJ
      United States
      Member #18331
      July 9, 2005
      1977 Posts
      Posted: February 18, 2006, 10:55 am - IP Logged

I have spent a lifetime controlling my emotions; mostly with success.  I have documented, in 14-point, everything I need to think about and what I need to do until I can get away and have time to think.  It doesn't matter how excited I get, as long as I control the blood pressure.  I have a plan and just have to follow it.  Get friends together.  Get family together.  Enjoy several suites in some place like the Waldorf in NYC.  Close to all the important banks, security, and luxury you have never experienced.  After things have settled, go to Hawaii, repeat the luxury and plan you finances.  Cost?  Who cares, it is only money!

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #1340
        April 6, 2003
        2450 Posts
        Posted: February 18, 2006, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

step 1. sign the ticket

step 2. print out my emergency "what to do" list (of which #1 is "Sign the ticket")

step 3. follow that list to the letter... the last part of the list has some numbers for some estasblished financial advisors and a great tax lawyer...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
          Member #5344
          June 30, 2004
          23641 Posts
          Posted: February 18, 2006, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

Keep Quiet..

Very Quiet..

Super Quiet...

After a month or so...... Get my family together and make arrangements to CASH IN.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
            Member #14
            November 9, 2001
            31355 Posts
            Posted: February 18, 2006, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

absolutely!!!!!  ROFL

love to nibble those micey feet.

LiLSpeedy's avatar - 2714
              Decatur, GA
              United States
              Member #20471
              August 18, 2005
              2668 Posts
              Posted: February 18, 2006, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

I have never been rich in the monetary sense, but I sure would like to know how it feels to shop without balancing my checkbook after each purchase.

Dream's avatar - dragon1

United States
                Member #2399
                September 28, 2003
                143 Posts
                Posted: February 18, 2006, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

Need to get myself diapers in case both accidents happen

Sparta, NJ
                  United States
                  Member #18331
                  July 9, 2005
                  1977 Posts
                  Posted: February 18, 2006, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

The last thing I will do is hide away something and be afraid to step forward.  I'll be in the HQ on Tuesday morning, an hour before they open - with my lawyer.  I want pictures and fanfare.  I want every one to know I won.  I intend to use that publicity to get a major loan, to spend, while waiting for the lottery to fork it over.  Every day I play the afraid role, it is one less day of interest.  I can have a great time living on the interest during the time I am waiting for the funds transfer.

Get the money immediately - if not sooner.  Do something you've never done before - maximum enjoyment Oprah style!  ONe hundred millions dollars will make the banking people stand up and take interest.  Take advantage of that interest and strike up the band!

Then worry about the tax man - men.  You have 10 months before taxes arer due.  NO decision has to be made for months and months.  As I have said before, turning in the ticket has zero to do with the IRS or the state tax collector.  That is a seprate function entirely.

Cheers

United States
                    Member #23806
                    October 16, 2005
                    188 Posts
                    Posted: February 18, 2006, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

I believe the devil will possess me and will burn the ticket.

Dream's avatar - dragon1

United States
                      Member #2399
                      September 28, 2003
                      143 Posts
                      Posted: February 18, 2006, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

The last thing I will do is hide away something and be afraid to step forward.  I'll be in the HQ on Tuesday morning, an hour before they open - with my lawyer.  I want pictures and fanfare.  I want every one to know I won.  I intend to use that publicity to get a major loan, to spend, while waiting for the lottery to fork it over.  Every day I play the afraid role, it is one less day of interest.  I can have a great time living on the interest during the time I am waiting for the funds transfer.

Get the money immediately - if not sooner.  Do something you've never done before - maximum enjoyment Oprah style!  ONe hundred millions dollars will make the banking people stand up and take interest.  Take advantage of that interest and strike up the band!

Then worry about the tax man - men.  You have 10 months before taxes arer due.  NO decision has to be made for months and months.  As I have said before, turning in the ticket has zero to do with the IRS or the state tax collector.  That is a seprate function entirely.

Somehow I am getting a feeling that there is a different plan underneath the one you described . The anonymous one

Iowa
                        United States
                        Member #30051
                        January 11, 2006
                        12 Posts
                        Posted: February 18, 2006, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

I think all of the above should be an option!  But I'll let you know for sure when I do win!!

I do love to dream about the "if"

Sparta, NJ
                          United States
                          Member #18331
                          July 9, 2005
                          1977 Posts
                          Posted: February 18, 2006, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

Somehow I am getting a feeling that there is a different plan underneath the one you described . The anonymous one

Nope. no anonymous plan.  Just jump out there and enjoy.  Being rich and afraid of your own shadow is a waste of being rich.  Life was made to be enjoyed.  The life of the rich was made to be richly enjoyed.  You can't do that hiding behind walls where your only trusted friend is a guard dog.  Scared of life?  Hire a couple of ex-SEALS.  Couple hundred grand a year, plus expenses, and no one will mess with you.  Three hundred grand a year for ten years. No dent at all in 100 million.  Me, there is always a state like Texas or Florida, that lets me and my friends carry their own guns.  Preferably Texas.  Their Make My Day law allows you to kill any one stealing your property - after dark - or any one illegally coming in your house.  Super great concept.  Founding Father concept.

Cheers

wannawin24's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg
                            GA
                            United States
                            Member #33582
                            February 22, 2006
                            1026 Posts
                            Posted: March 7, 2006, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

Shocked                                                   

Big Smile 

Party

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                              PA
                              United States
                              Member #22983
                              October 6, 2005
                              2226 Posts
                              Posted: March 8, 2006, 2:45 am - IP Logged

I check the ticket calmly, and say to myself "cool a 100 million dollar winnner. nice." I then set in down and go back to what I am doing.