|Posted: March 10, 2006, 3:59 pm - IP Logged|
Since I don't play Powerball, I'll describe what I'd do if I won Mega Million.
1. Check the ticket about ten times to make sure I read it right.
2. Sign ticket.
3. Take ticket to bank safe deposit box.
4. Go back home, sit down at the dining room table and make out a new budget.
5. Plan who I should tell when. I'm inclined at this point to think I wouldn't even tell family until after the ticket had been validated and perhaps even until after the news conference, but there have been periods that circumstances would change that.
6. Make decisions on what financial advisors to involve, based upon the size of the win.