Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 9:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Again...I dont know why I bother with PB

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 11 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
unseen's avatar - 4eyes
louisville, Ky
United States
Member #4928
June 3, 2004
142 Posts
Posted: February 19, 2006, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

50 tickets.  Two numbers max!  Good for what?  That same $50 couldve been spent playing every state on pick 3.  At 5'9, 39 years of age and no jumping abilities I think have a better chance of making the NBA than hitting the powerball but you dont see me asking Phil Jackson for a try out for the Lakers but every time PB hits over $150 my $50 goes to that DREAM.  I took another $50 and played 8 hours of poker and won $674 online.  Im just venting.  Like I said unless Im part of a work company pool no more Powerball for me.

wreakshavok777's avatar - enzyte thumb.jpg
    oklahoma
    United States
    Member #12313
    March 10, 2005
    165 Posts
    Posted: February 19, 2006, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

Unseen ... Now tell us how you really feel?Roll Eyes

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!

unseen's avatar - 4eyes
      louisville, Ky
      United States
      Member #4928
      June 3, 2004
      142 Posts
      Posted: February 19, 2006, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

Oh Im not venting Im just saying instead of chasing nearly impossible dreams I can make more money chasing realistic dreams like winning an extra $1000 - $2000 for the month which can go to something useful.  Hahaha

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
        Member #24380
        October 21, 2005
        623 Posts
        Posted: February 19, 2006, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

50 tickets.  Two numbers max!  Good for what?  That same $50 couldve been spent playing every state on pick 3.  At 5'9, 39 years of age and no jumping abilities I think have a better chance of making the NBA than hitting the powerball but you dont see me asking Phil Jackson for a try out for the Lakers but every time PB hits over $150 my $50 goes to that DREAM.  I took another $50 and played 8 hours of poker and won $674 online.  Im just venting.  Like I said unless Im part of a work company pool no more Powerball for me.

I know, Disapprove.  The day is coming and it will be YOUR dayDance.  But it is upsetting when you play a lotta money and no return. 

United States
          Member #23806
          October 16, 2005
          188 Posts
          Posted: February 19, 2006, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

People at my Dad's job bought $200(Alot of people pooled in ) worth of Mega Millions for the previous draw... only matched 2 numbers.. no prize

Morrison, IL
            United States
            Member #4657
            May 13, 2004
            1884 Posts
            Posted: February 19, 2006, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

If the pool was careful enough at picking at least the mega balls, they should have gotten back at least $8 (each mega ball would have been covered at least four times).

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
              Member #5344
              June 30, 2004
              23641 Posts
              Posted: February 19, 2006, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

I had rather win on the pick 4 daily than to chase the pb myself.. I played  10 numbers this weekend.. Usually only one or two per draw.. one my number.. one my grand babies numbers.. Just for fun.. Didnt bother me to see NOTHING this morning when I scanned the  10 tickets.. Use to it I guess..

There were lots of sore people who came in and found out someone won..  They were so disappointed..

Not everyone can win.. Instead of being happy someone in NB woke up a winner.. they were upset because it wasn't them or someone in Ardmore.. or TN...

I am very happy it was hit.. Very happy that someone was able to win and experience what I consider a dream..

I will continue playing my pick 4's and having a ball with it..  I love the pocket change... and the thrill behind it all..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Down's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
                Riverside, Ca
                United States
                Member #21722
                September 14, 2005
                173 Posts
                Posted: February 20, 2006, 12:01 am - IP Logged

unseen, do you pick your own numbers or do you get QP's? if you pick your own numbers and only got two numbers max then you should do what i said, and that is pick your numbers like you normally would then when you pick your numbers, don't choose any of the numbers you picked, just eliminate the number field. it works for me. oh and by the way poker is gay.

Dream's avatar - dragon1

United States
                  Member #2399
                  September 28, 2003
                  143 Posts
                  Posted: February 20, 2006, 12:36 am - IP Logged

I have been playing lottery for 20 years and the most I won was $150 once and $100 twice playing Powerball and The Big game. The Big game since the first draw of 1996. Spent ~$20,000 in the states for the past 16 years all without luck. I play from the initial jackpot up to as high as it gets. I also been playing same sets of numbers constantly for the past 12 years. Play QP also. All without  luck. Unfortunately thats the down side to it. THE ODDS ARE AGAINST YOU. Its upsetting but its part of a game. I feel you, we all do. We are here for the same thing. But u should not loose any hope. Believe in it, be patient (mine is running out) and persistent.

So many combinations and so little time.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8393 Posts
                    Posted: February 20, 2006, 12:49 am - IP Logged

Dream your correct not to give up. I've been pouring over about 3500 match 5 numbers that hit and been looking for any common occurence that might be worth playing and i found that while there are several groups of numbers that seemed to hit more than others. the fact is those numbers hit few times anf far in between. i did notice and have been noticing that playing numbers that hit from the last 5 - 10 draws seem to be one of the better ideas. however what usually happens is three numbers will come in and two cold or lukewarm numbers will hit with them. It's more about luck at that point.... like did i chose the right numbers . yea three of them.

United States
                      Member #23806
                      October 16, 2005
                      188 Posts
                      Posted: February 20, 2006, 2:19 am - IP Logged

If the pool was careful enough at picking at least the mega balls, they should have gotten back at least $8 (each mega ball would have been covered at least four times).

You know. I never thought of that. They must of gotten bad luck

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                        Tennessee
                        United States
                        Member #7853
                        October 15, 2004
                        11338 Posts
                        Posted: February 20, 2006, 6:19 am - IP Logged

if people would try the pick 5 games like they do powerball they would find them just as enjoyable and would win money more often too.....
                        i'm like tntea i like the pick 4.i won 5 grand on it last year.i play it because i know i'm getting something back out of it.powerball got my last dollar saturday night......

Morrison, IL
                          United States
                          Member #4657
                          May 13, 2004
                          1884 Posts
                          Posted: February 20, 2006, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

I think if Mega Millions gets hit again before reaching $250 million, I might play that game on Tuesdays when its jackpot is at least $100 million and Powerball's jackpot is less than $100 million (which I now play only on Saturdays in those cases). For now though, I'm waiting for it to hit $250 million before playing.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                            Mcminnville, Oregon
                            United States
                            Member #3013
                            December 13, 2003
                            3090 Posts
                            Posted: February 20, 2006, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

I decided to play powerball when the dollars of the annuity are equal or higher than the odds of the jackpot.  So I have my printed computer paper that say do not play powerball until the jackpot is $147 million in annuity up on my bedroom wall.  I would rather play $20 on higher jackpots than $10 on every jackpot.-weshar75

Palm Harbor, FL
                              United States
                              Member #32362
                              February 11, 2006
                              145 Posts
                              Posted: February 20, 2006, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

thats why it's called Gambling