Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Again...I dont know why I bother with PB

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 11 years ago by psykomo.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Sparta, NJ
United States
Member #18331
July 9, 2005
1977 Posts
Posted: February 20, 2006, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

50 tickets.  Two numbers max!  Good for what?  That same $50 couldve been spent playing every state on pick 3.  At 5'9, 39 years of age and no jumping abilities I think have a better chance of making the NBA than hitting the powerball but you dont see me asking Phil Jackson for a try out for the Lakers but every time PB hits over $150 my $50 goes to that DREAM.  I took another $50 and played 8 hours of poker and won $674 online.  Im just venting.  Like I said unless Im part of a work company pool no more Powerball for me.

I wonder if the winner of the recent PB felt the same last week?  It is easier to be a loser, hard to be a winner.  You will either be lucky or you won't; joining a pool won't change that - only reduce the spending cash.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

unseen's avatar - 4eyes
    louisville, Ky
    United States
    Member #4928
    June 3, 2004
    142 Posts
    Posted: February 20, 2006, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

unseen, do you pick your own numbers or do you get QP's? if you pick your own numbers and only got two numbers max then you should do what i said, and that is pick your numbers like you normally would then when you pick your numbers, don't choose any of the numbers you picked, just eliminate the number field. it works for me. oh and by the way poker is gay.

LOL, Poker is gay?  I started playing Poker in November and I already show profits of +$2700 in Poker.  If thats gay then Im happy playing the fruity game.  LOL!!

Chewie Im sure the winner of the powerball is happy but what about the upteen million that dont hit it?

Imagine being in a pool of 50 million people and paying $100 to have a small ball hit you on the head.  If it  hits you you win 50 million dollars. Would you keep doing that? Im not being pessimistic Im just asking what am I we really chasing? Case in point years ago I had a friend that played for the Boston Celtics and when the first Powerball hit for over 200 million years back he and friends purchased THOUSANDS of tickets and they didnt even match 4 numbers.  I think 3 was the most he told me.   Its hard enough to win the pick 3 picking every single state.

Sparta, NJ
      United States
      Member #18331
      July 9, 2005
      1977 Posts
      Posted: February 20, 2006, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

Chewie Im sure the winner of the powerball is happy but what about the upteen million that dont hit it?

Sounds like you need a new hobby.  If there were not millions of losers, there would not be a lottery.  It is how it works.  You are NOT supposed to win, only the isolated and rare one win.  If every one won, it'd be worth about 30 cents.  It is a game, winners and losers; always going to be a loser.  If your dreams don't support losing, and then moving on to the next dream, get out of the kitchen before you do something dangerous to yourself.  Depression only feeds depression.  Why do someting you are not enjoying!

Cheers

unseen's avatar - 4eyes
        louisville, Ky
        United States
        Member #4928
        June 3, 2004
        142 Posts
        Posted: February 20, 2006, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like you need a new hobby.  If there were not millions of losers, there would not be a lottery.  It is how it works.  You are NOT supposed to win, only the isolated and rare one win.  If every one won, it'd be worth about 30 cents.  It is a game, winners and losers; always going to be a loser.  If your dreams don't support losing, and then moving on to the next dream, get out of the kitchen before you do something dangerous to yourself.  Depression only feeds depression.  Why do someting you are not enjoying!

What are you talking about Chewie?  PB doesnt depress me.  Its not a hobby for me.  My hobbies are working out, Poker, Chess etc.  I know there are always be millions of losers my point was for me why I continue to spend $20-$50 when I have a better shot winning smaller stakes games.  Where did you get this idea that I wanted to kill myself?

Sparta, NJ
          United States
          Member #18331
          July 9, 2005
          1977 Posts
          Posted: February 20, 2006, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

Never said you wanted to kill yourself, read what I said, not what you think I said.  You're the one running around whinning about not winning at Powerball.  You're the one complaining about not lost money that could be better spent somewhere else.  "I'm just venting."  "Oh, I'm not venting."  Whatever! Get over it.

Cheers

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #1340
            April 6, 2003
            2450 Posts
            Posted: February 20, 2006, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

I stick with my 1 ticket per $100,000,000... bought 4, matched the PB on one, net loss $1... at least I had the chance to dream a little before 11PM EST...

back to 1 ticket for me for awhile.

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

unseen's avatar - 4eyes
              louisville, Ky
              United States
              Member #4928
              June 3, 2004
              142 Posts
              Posted: February 20, 2006, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

Never said you wanted to kill yourself, read what I said, not what you think I said. You're the one running around whinning about not winning at Powerball. You're the one complaining about not lost money that could be better spent somewhere else. "I'm just venting." "Oh, I'm not venting." Whatever! Get over it.

whining not whinning. Good luck with that powerball man.  Dictionaries are $4.98 at Barnes and Noble when you win. 

Sparta, NJ
                United States
                Member #18331
                July 9, 2005
                1977 Posts
                Posted: February 20, 2006, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

Never said you wanted to kill yourself, read what I said, not what you think I said. You're the one running around whinning about not winning at Powerball. You're the one complaining about not lost money that could be better spent somewhere else. "I'm just venting." "Oh, I'm not venting." Whatever! Get over it.

whining not whinning. Good luck with that powerball man.  Dictionaries are $4.98 at Barnes and Noble when you win. 

Do you think that would be a good investment?  Cuz, good things don't hurt.

Cheers

unseen's avatar - 4eyes
                  louisville, Ky
                  United States
                  Member #4928
                  June 3, 2004
                  142 Posts
                  Posted: February 20, 2006, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

no come to think of it you wouldnt need a dictionary if you won the Powerball anyway.  But you could offer one a good beer. 

Regards 

Dream's avatar - dragon1

United States
                    Member #2399
                    September 28, 2003
                    143 Posts
                    Posted: February 20, 2006, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Just buy looking at the odds you know that 99.987654321% you are going to loose. But hope keeps you going. Optimism is the best thing for the overall being.Thumbs Up

Columbia City, Indiana
                      United States
                      Member #2978
                      December 9, 2003
                      381 Posts
                      Posted: February 21, 2006, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

"To desire is to obtain; to aspire is to achieve ...

"Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so shall you become. Your vision is the promise of what you shall one day be. Your ideal is the prophecy of what you shall at last unveil.

"The greatest achievement was at first and for a time a dream. The oak sleeps in the acorn; the bird waits in the egg; and in the highest vision of the soul a waking angel stirs. Dreams are the seedlings of reality."

From "As A Man Thinketh" by James Allen

___________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, someone else hit the big one, but the only thing that would take you out of the running for the next big jackpot is giving up now. In the meantime, buy a copy of the little book referenced above and study it. Then start working up your numbers again, and get back in the game.

"... faith is the substance of things hoped for; the evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1)

The reason you "bother" with playing PowerBall is because, like the rest of us, you believe it can happen to you, so keep the faith. Every jackpot you don't collect puts you that much closer to the one with your name on it, provided you've made the requisite purchase.

Hang in there, Unseen; you'll make it.

Good luck ...

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

Morrison, IL
                        United States
                        Member #4657
                        May 13, 2004
                        1884 Posts
                        Posted: February 21, 2006, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

Just buy looking at the odds you know that 99.987654321% you are going to loose. But hope keeps you going. Optimism is the best thing for the overall being.Thumbs Up

Yep, remember the odds are 1 in 146,107,962, not 0 in 146,107,962.

Sparta, NJ
                          United States
                          Member #18331
                          July 9, 2005
                          1977 Posts
                          Posted: February 22, 2006, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

Yep, remember the odds are 1 in 146,107,962, not 0 in 146,107,962.

Super Great Odds - if you are the one!

Cheers

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                            PA
                            United States
                            Member #22983
                            October 6, 2005
                            2226 Posts
                            Posted: February 22, 2006, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

Actually dictionaries are free online, and only 97 cents at Walmart in print form. $4.98 would be a poor investment, and could have been used for more powerball losses.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              5124 Posts
                              Posted: February 23, 2006, 12:20 am - IP Logged

50 tickets.  Two numbers max!  Good for what?  That same $50 couldve been spent playing every state on pick 3.  At 5'9, 39 years of age and no jumping abilities I think have a better chance of making the NBA than hitting the powerball but you dont see me asking Phil Jackson for a try out for the Lakers but every time PB hits over $150 my $50 goes to that DREAM.  I took another $50 and played 8 hours of poker and won $674 online.  Im just venting.  Like I said unless Im part of a work company pool no more Powerball for me.

unseen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"this must not be your thing" 

nothing wrong with that.............................................

you are full of ...............inspration & inspersation!!!!!.............................

GO for$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LOL

PSYKOMO