Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 3:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Theory....

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Chewie.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10353 Posts
Posted: February 22, 2006, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

I'm sorry I can't remember who posted it, but recently there was a thread about "nice people" hitting the lottery, specifically these people had hit 5 and no powerball on the most recent huge jackpot, and then another poster said that's nice, but has absolutely nothing to do with who hits and not.

I read recently in a book about millionaires that one study showed 80% of lottery winners are bankrupt within five years.

So I'm just wondering if there's not some kind of "cosmic law" or something that makes sure 80% of the people that do hit big are the ones who will blow it, and the othjer 20% are kept at being only 20% of the winners, merely so as not to "violate" the 80% statistic.

Any thougts? 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19830 Posts
    Posted: February 22, 2006, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

You're thinking of the post "It pays to be nice..."  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/128830

I think people who buy a lottery ticket and win a jackpot are just lucky but no smarter or dumber than the regular population so as a group they behave the same way.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10353 Posts
      Posted: February 22, 2006, 1:40 pm - IP Logged
      Thanks, that's the thread.   

Yeah, especially with the nimber of winners that are QP tickets I'm thinking it's simply " timing is everything".

Sparta, NJ
        United States
        Member #18331
        July 9, 2005
        1977 Posts
        Posted: February 22, 2006, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

You're thinking of the post "It pays to be nice..."  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/128830

I think people who buy a lottery ticket and win a jackpot are just lucky but no smarter or dumber than the regular population so as a group they behave the same way.

Exactly.  Being rich has nothing to do with being nice.  If it did, Ted "The Swimmer" Kennedy would be broke.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice