Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MDIEditor confirmation help

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 11 years ago by cahaba.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #33665
February 23, 2006
6 Posts
Posted: February 24, 2006, 8:06 am - IP Logged

Hello!

I am very new to lottery systems.  I stumbled on to Ion Saliu’s webpage just under a year ago.  Being very intimidated with all the math and statistics I didn’t do much with it for a while.  But after taking some time to read and understand a bit more, I got more comfortable.

What I’m trying to do is confirm that Ion’s MDIEditor software will generate the winning number with the correct filter settings.  I want to know that I’m using MDIEditor correctly and how long it will take to generate the correct lotto number with the proper filter settings.  I’m using it to evaluate the Powerball game.

This is what I’ve tried:

I generate the Stats file from my data file.

I record the filter values for the most recent draw.

I then delete that draw from the data file.

I run the Optimized Lotto Draws in MDIEditor with the filter values generated previously.

I let the program run for a long time (sometimes days).

So far MDIEditor has not generated the winning draw.

I did this confirmation for a Lotto-6 with Ion’s LotWon99 and it worked.  LotWon99 generated the correct numbers in just over 50 draws.  So I am satisfied that if I have my filters set correctly I should do well using LotWon99.

However I have not been able to confirm MDIEditor with the Powerball game.

I have also tried to Purge an output draw file to see if the filters work.  I’ve done this with mixed results.  What I did was create an output file and put the numbers of a known draw (a draw with known filter values) in the output file.  I then try to Purge the output file with the filter values.  I try each filter value one at a time and then as a group.  I have not had any problems with the ‘Any’ and ‘Ver’ filters.  I have had issues with the ‘Ion’ filters; specifically Ion3, Ion4 and Ion5.  The Purge function has actually purged the good draw from the output file. 

I read in an earlier post that you shouldn’t Purge using the ‘Ion’ and ‘Any’ or ‘Ver’ filters at the same time.  An example is that the known draw Ion4 filter value was 8.  I set my ‘Ion4’ max value to 10 and it purged all numbers.  This has happened on different occasions with ‘Ion3’ and ‘Ion5’. 

I’m just trying to understand if my methodology is correct and if it’s worth my while to do this test with MDIEditor.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

PA
    United States
    Member #33711
    February 24, 2006
    13 Posts
    Posted: February 24, 2006, 9:43 am - IP Logged

Hello,

I have been testing this program as well for the powerball draw and have found some interesting results.

The program generates about 3 million combinations total with no filters set and then starts to repeat.I have tested several output files with 2 different computers and they all have the same numbers in the same order.The output files just start in different places(such as line #1 in one draw file may be on line #100,000 in another and the next numbers will be exactly the same).

Since the program only generates a set amount of the same numbers - the numbers in the data file and in the lottery help pages it states the program has built in filters that cannot be turned off,most of the time the winning combination is not in the the output files.

The any, ver, powerball, and ion filters just filter through this pool of 3 million numbers.Set any filters you like,generate the output file and those same numbers will be in the pool of 3 million numbers generated with no filters.

If the generator will not generate the winning combo with no filters set,due to the internal filters,backtesting will fail every time regardless of what any, ver, ion or powerball filters are set.

No one but ion knows what the ion filters do.The any,ver,and powerball are straighforward and easy to understand.The ion filters seem to make no sense.I assume he is doing some type of calculation on the nimbers ,but I cannot reason what that may be.

On testing the filtering system with a known number in the pool of 3 million with filters set to +1max or +1max and -1 min it failed every time for me also.I have not tried the purge functin yet.

I have been tracking a pool of 3 million numbers generated on 1-21-06 and here are the results I have found so far:

only 1 powerball 5+1 combination win so far on 2-11-06
    7 38 40 51 52   14

6- 5 white ball hits

thousands of 4 white ball hits.

No pattern to this in the draw file.The program also generates 4 white ball combinations of past winning numbers in the data file.Those are unlikely to come up.It has only happened about twice since the powerball started in 1997.

If you looking for the jackpot it seems this program is not likely to generate the winning combo very often,and even when it does the filters are likely to filter it out.

Those are my observations of MDIEditor thus far.

United States
      Member #33665
      February 23, 2006
      6 Posts
      Posted: February 24, 2006, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

Wow!  That's some great stuff Butters.

It's disappointing that Ion's software works that way.  I was really hoping that things would have worked better.  Maybe Ion will look at this thread and give us a response.

In the meantime, I guess I'm going to just keep track of things and stop playing. 

If anyone else has any information please let us know.

Thanks again Butters for the great analysis.

PA
        United States
        Member #33711
        February 24, 2006
        13 Posts
        Posted: February 26, 2006, 10:30 am - IP Logged

Same cookie cutter response he gives to anyone who has questions about his programs.If you do some internet searches you can find them and they all basically say the same thing.

To sum them all up:

Never answers the questions asked.

Always says your using his program wrong.

Says he will give someone a free sample of his new software and everyone else has to pay.

Is convinced lottery software programmers are after him.

Keeps saying random numbers are king,but his software does not generate random numbers.(anyone can prove this)

"package has the option of automatically checking any strategy. That is, no need to delete the future drawings. You just enter the strategy file. The software will show how many times the strategy would have won in a range of real (orrandom) drawings. The strategy checking will also show how many drawings (total drawings) the strategy would have generated. That includes generating combinations such as 1,2,3,4,5 and/or 1,2,3,4,6. The potentially winning combinations are not shown (except in pick3,

This throws up a warning flag that he knows his software fails backtesting every time so he will instruct you to use a stats generator and not to do backtesting.

"You may post my reply in places that you usually post, including www.downloads.com. The deal is this. You will get FOR FREE the new lotto5 package that incorporates the 'MDIEditor and Lotto WE' filters in"

I hope he is giving you a kickback of more than a free program for doing marketing for him.

Something funny I found in google newsgroups:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.gambling.lottery/browse_thread/thread/8f86bed14b5ae390/c5404d15a6a0fb25?hl=en#c5404d15a6a0fb25

Enjoy the free software.(if he gives it to you and if your are not ion lol)

United States
          Member #33665
          February 23, 2006
          6 Posts
          Posted: March 1, 2006, 6:49 am - IP Logged

No I'm not Ion. 

And he actaully did send me a copy of his new software for free!  However, Microsoft and all it's wisdom, prevents Outlook from recieving certain attachements.  So I have to see if Ion will send it to me again.

You're right, Ion does seem a bit paranoid.  But in his fairness he may have gotten burned a few times and is now a bit cautious.

His software seems very sophisticated and I'm not going to pretend to know how it works.  As I said earlier that I was able to confirm the DOS based LotWon99, so it does give me glimer of hope that his stuff does work.

I do wish that Ion would open up a bit and realize that not everyone is a programmer and that most people just want to know how to use his software correctly.  At least that's what I'm looking for.

retxx's avatar - mrthumbs
            BOSTON
            United States
            Member #48
            September 9, 2001
            3582 Posts
            Posted: March 1, 2006, 11:30 am - IP Logged

have you tried using his software for the pick 4 daily lottery where it would only have to formulate from 10,000 combos. If you try it let me know if it works. If it does can you e-mail me it to try it here in Mass.Thanks

PA
              United States
              Member #33711
              February 24, 2006
              13 Posts
              Posted: March 1, 2006, 11:33 am - IP Logged

Hope he re-sends it to you.

Let us know how it's working for you.I'm sure many here will be interested.

I have started tinkering with  Lotto Architect.

http://www.lottoarchitect.com/

Interesting program.You build you own lottery system based on the entire number combinatin pool,wheels, stats, filters,  hot cold due numbers ect..

It has a steep learning curve and is pretty complex,but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. 

It crashed a few times on me and I lost all my work,but I managed to get it to generate some numbers based on wheels and filtering.

I played 4 combinations in tonights powerball.

Good Luck. 

United States
                Member #1940
                July 29, 2003
                16 Posts
                Posted: March 1, 2006, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

•  I made a mistake and I truly apologize for giving such high hopes. I apologize to all well intended users of my software. I recognized a few respectful names who had already sent PayPal payments. The bad news is that they were vastly outnumbered by beggars or hostile knuckle–heads.

I withdraw my special offer. I discovered two errors. The first error was caused by the compression software. It led me to recheck my software as well. I did find a glitch. There might be more. I want my software to be perfect, although there is no perfection in the Universe. I will do the most thorough checking, but only in the privacy of my space. Nobody else will be involved in the testing. Therefore, my newest software will not me made available to the public.

I do not take any replies. What a huge waste of time the email has become! I am sick and tired of most emails I receive. They get deleted automatically.

• • I can't stop this. I just saw some public forums after a long time. It's amazing how much stupidity is out there, I mean regarding the very serious issue of lottery. It's all about mathematics, stupid. Nothing can escape mathematics. There are so many creatures out there who have one element in common with humans. The ass is the only common element between those creatures and humans. The knowledge of the creatures can be thus summarized: They believe that the thunder is a fart of their gods.

Ion Saliu,

Hyper Programmer At–Large

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #22395
                  September 24, 2005
                  1583 Posts
                  Posted: March 2, 2006, 4:27 am - IP Logged

Ion Saliu

I can't stop this. I just saw some public forums after a long time. It's amazing how much stupidity is out there, I mean regarding the very serious issue of lottery.

I always had the impression that you were like Howard Hughes, never out in public!  I have known about your website for years.  You truly put effort out there for everyone and in some cases, the only free software of its kind.

I can understand your frustration with emails - but then you must realize that you would not get so many emails if there was not frustration by readers of your website and users of your software.  Why don't you take some time and offer insites and advice (in common everyday language that people can understand) here at Lottery Post?

Besides this thread, there are 2 more that are running now, that I am aware of.  Perhaps offer some helpful personal comments in those threads.  It does no good to continually compare people to the mentality of animals - it might do some good if you would explain things.  And by using the forum, thousands will see it.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/129430

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/129656

United States
                    Member #33665
                    February 23, 2006
                    6 Posts
                    Posted: March 2, 2006, 7:03 am - IP Logged

Therefore, my newest software will not me made available to the public.

Ion,

Does this mean ever or until you are satisfied with your testing?  What kind of glitch?  I did get the copy of the software you sent me.  Should I abstain from using it?

I'm sorry if my e-mail and posting of your response has caused you any inconvience.  Although I am very new to playing the lottery and using sofware systems, I can tell that your name is well known.  I think the majority of people feel like you have a great understanding of mathematics and its use in the lottery.  These people will probably never understand how your software works, but all they really want to know is how to use it.

I agree with 'truecritic' that a little advise on how to use your software would go a long way.  I think you could keep secrets of your code while giving the common user some pointers on their mistakes.

I hope that you will consider a relationship with the decent people of the world.  I find your website facinating and full of knowledge.  Many times it's way over my head.  You offer free software that is very powerful and the only thing your users ask is some guidence to use it.

I hope you will continue to keep an open dialoge.  Thank you for the update on your new software.

lottoarchitect's avatar - waveform

Greece
                      Member #2815
                      November 18, 2003
                      502 Posts
                      Posted: March 9, 2006, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

Hope he re-sends it to you.

Let us know how it's working for you.I'm sure many here will be interested.

I have started tinkering with  Lotto Architect.

http://www.lottoarchitect.com/

Interesting program.You build you own lottery system based on the entire number combinatin pool,wheels, stats, filters,  hot cold due numbers ect..

It has a steep learning curve and is pretty complex,but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. 

It crashed a few times on me and I lost all my work,but I managed to get it to generate some numbers based on wheels and filtering.

I played 4 combinations in tonights powerball.

Good Luck. 

Hi Butters,

can you give me step-by-steps instructions on how you managed to crash the program? Apart for some known issues, it is pretty stable I can say. Preferably please post to the program's forums  under the "bugs" section (to have all the bug reports at the same place), so I can have a look at the problem.

cheers

lottoarchitect 

If you have something to do, at least do it well...

Pa
                        United States
                        Member #34364
                        March 2, 2006
                        159 Posts
                        Posted: March 9, 2006, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

To all of the guys/gals who have responded to the initial message.

I to have downloaded all of Ion's pick 3 software. And am able to get so far with it and then I'm stumped as to what to do next.

There may be a tremedous market waiting for someone who has worked with this software and has worked with it on an extended basis.

My thought, someone write a blow by blow tutorial. I think most can get past data loading etc, but from that point forward write in out in detail and show real data from some lottery.

I for one would pay for such a document, because I know I'm not smart enough to write it myself.

Any takers ?  

United States
                          Member #1940
                          July 29, 2003
                          16 Posts
                          Posted: March 10, 2006, 10:32 pm - IP Logged
                          A few answers in honesty to honest people

When you see a sword, you must try to deal with a sword. Even if I sound bellicose, there are only a few swords threatening my face, percentage–wise. It's only 1% of my existence. That great number 99% speaks of the honest humans who use and deal with my stuff. Honestly, we never need to come face to face. We got some common tools, we tackle some common tasks. We need no interface.

There is also another category of people who make me feel uncomfortable. I am weak at handling nicety. I am stronger at dealing with adversity. If LAWYER had not been invented far longer before I came into existence, my main objective in life would have been creating the concept of LAWYER. A great concept, mind you. I received this type of messages — also PayPal payments:

"I am a registered user of MDIeditor and an ardent supporter of your systems and strategies. I would very much like pay for and acquire your new Bright-5 software which i have absolutely no doubt is great. If you could bless me with your generosity and send me your paypal address so I could pay for the program i would be very grateful. Have a fantastic day.  Norm"

Norm, copile, don't you say those nice words to me again — please! I made it clear in a recent message in my "forum" that I have no software to sell at this time (http://www.saliu.com/Lotto-5-Software.html). Sorry for an earlier erroneous announcement!

Now, a message to the man who succeeded to cause this storm: Bulldog5 (why 5 and not 6, crocodilule?)

"Ion, Does this mean ever or until you are satisfied with your testing? What kind of glitch? I did get the copy of the software you sent me. Should I abstain from using it? I'm sorry if my e-mail and posting of your response has caused you any inconvience. Although I am very new to playing the lottery and using sofware systems, I can tell that your name is well known. I think the majority of people feel like you have a great understanding of mathematics and its use in the lottery. These people will probably never understand how your software works, but all they really want to know is how to use it. I agree with 'truecritic' that a little advise on how to use your software would go a long way. I think you could keep secrets of your code while giving the common user some pointers on their mistakes. I hope that you will consider a relationship with the decent people of the world. I find your website facinating and full of knowledge. Many times it's way over my head. You offer free software that is very powerful and the only thing your users ask is some guidence to use it. I hope you will continue to keep an open dialoge. Thank you for the update on your new software."

I ain't got much to add. But let everybody know that we did NOT get together with Bulldog5 and decided to put up this thing that smells like an advertising plot. I didn't know who you were — not do I know who you really are, Bulldog5, for that matter. I still reserve the right to suspect you of being a lottery software developer who wanted to stretch my tongue.

Bulldog5, I only want to talk issues technically here. If you are able to run BRIGHT–5, beware of the automatic strategy checking. You may want to run the strategy checking manually, as in MDIEditor & Lotto WE. As far as I can tell, correct filter settings always yield the winning combination(s).

I can also assure you that you can go very far on the way to the winning combination with a minimum number of combos to play. A hint: Go to the median are of the Ver5, in all layers. Say, the median is 14. Make strategies in combinations of 2 Ver5; e.g. Ver5_1 = 14; MAX_Ver5_1=15; Ver5_2 = 14; MAX_Ver5_2=15. In most cases, there will be no combo generated; but look for total combos in hit situations. Not to mention, other filters are visibly possible to enable…

Bulldog5, I swear by the dog in Egypt I do not suspect you of anything wrong. Just to tell you that a number of suckers cheated me into believing that they got BRIGHT–5 from you for a negligible fee — or even for free! I know you've not done such a thing — never did and never will. Honor always prevails the guts!

Truecritic, you really are a reasonable person. You possess a critic mind, in the philosophical sense. You put things nearly in the right perspective. But think of this. Do you realize that around 90% of emails ask me about the creation of the data files, or what is the best lottery software to download? Do you accept such questions as legitimate? There are thousands of text line at my website that explain as clearly as clear is possible how to create, edit and maintain the data files. Some 99.999% of my software users understand that clearly. How can a human honestly go beyond that? I can't — and I ain't gonna torture myself by pretending I am a nice human.

Ye know, big companies pretend they are nice. That is, they offer 24/7 technical support. But let me tell you some, crocodilule. Those companies created a special human category named 'suckers'. They know they have to deal with a percentage of suckers (I call them bastards). The big companies (the bigger, the more cowardice) never go public(k) (sic!) with the concept of sucker. They do not respond to the suckers, but they still maintain they offer 24/7 support! I worked in a book–club company. They offered something like five books for one buck, plus a 30–day money back guarantee. The normal percentage of suckers got the books, and then they returned them within 30 days. It's a huge problem for the book–club! Everybody over there curses like troopers the 30–day returns! Many jobs get eliminated because of the 30–day–money–back–guarantee suckers. Yet, the book club keeps the disgusting public smile of 24/7 support in conjunction with the 30–day money–back guarantee. To me, those people are highly disgusting. From what I saw, all those "executives" are stinky old women and disgustingly looking men!

By contrast, I reveal the truth, no matter how uncomfortable it might be. If every minute a sucker is born, why would you say that every day a sucker is born? Or, one every month. Only because you are a sucker yourself — or, probably, a bastard — ain't I right?

Finally, people of all entities, please spellcheck everything you jot down. Trust but verify!

Ion Saliu,
                          Pitbull At–Large

United States
                            Member #1940
                            July 29, 2003
                            16 Posts
                            Posted: March 11, 2006, 11:09 am - IP Logged

Norm:

You say you are a registered user of 'MDIEditor and Lotto WE'. I am sorry for overlooking your message. Could you email back to me at my Yahoo address? It would be best to place 'registered' in the subject bar. Perhaps remind me your real name.

Best of luck!

Ion Saliu,

Remorsely At–Large

United States
                              Member #33665
                              February 23, 2006
                              6 Posts
                              Posted: March 14, 2006, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

Ion,

Thank you for responding.  First, it's Bulldog5 because '5' was my number playing soccer throughout my life.  I think there was only a handfull of times that I wasn't the number '5'.

I want to put you at ease, as best I can, that I am not a software developer.  I have never written any programs.  I am an Electrical Engineer who works in the Industrial Controls field.  I may understand a little bit about math and statisics but I am by no means a software developer.

The only information I ask is how to use the software and to make sure I'm using it correctly to get the best results.  I have no interest in your souce code or how the software works.  I just want to use it.

I'm sorry if anyone thinks we were in "it" together to promote your new software.  That was never my intent.  And you're right.  I have never given anyone Bright-5 and never will.  I do not visit these sites very often and my e-mail is not made public.  So please everyone, don't ask me for it!   

To all those who are having trouble with Ion's software, keep trying.  Go to his website and read, read, read.  I was in the same boat.  I was very intimidated with LotWon.  However, after reading the tutorial and many postings on different stratagies, I became comfortable with it.  I am by no means an expert but I can work my way around it now.  I've actually come up with a stratagy for a specific lotto game in my state.  I'm just waiting for the "trigger".

Thank you again for the reply and update.