Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

would you post your winning ticket

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Chewie.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

would you post a copy of your winning tickets for members to see?

yes...good idea [ 24 ]  [46.15%]
no...don't think so [ 15 ]  [28.85%]
maybe,not sure [ 13 ]  [25.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 52 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10354 Posts
Posted: February 25, 2006, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

Chewie, for every poster on a discussion board there are many more lurkers.

////////// 

Well, I'm hoping someone here does win big, and right along with that, I'm hoping we don't see this thread:

I wish I never posted that jackpot ticket.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23275 Posts
    Posted: February 25, 2006, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

I have a gallery I had started on my homepage.  Click "Todd's Homepage" under this message to find the link.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2
      Chicago,IL.
      United States
      Member #2902
      November 29, 2003
      1427 Posts
      Posted: February 25, 2006, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

Nice Todd, that's what I'm talking about. Maybe sometime in the future there can be a general gallery/forum where people can posts their winners, that way when guests stop in they can see that people do win and were not all just tooting are own horn. Might help promote the site too......Wink

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"

konane's avatar - wallace
        Atlanta, GA
        United States
        Member #1265
        March 13, 2003
        3333 Posts
        Posted: February 25, 2006, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

Nice Todd, that's what I'm talking about. Maybe sometime in the future there can be a general gallery/forum where people can posts their winners, that way when guests stop in they can see that people do win and were not all just tooting are own horn. Might help promote the site too......Wink

I Agree!    Would be very cool if you can work in time to do it.

Good luck to everyone!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: February 25, 2006, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

I answered "no" because I was mainly thinking of the jackpot ticket. As Chewie wrote, it would take me a long time to scan and post all of my $5.00 winners and I would never want to post a big jackpot winner. I really can't say why. Guess I'm just paranoid.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23275 Posts
            Posted: February 25, 2006, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

Any premium member has multiple ways of doing that right now.

Probably the easiest way is to use your Blog.

All premium members can upload images directly to the Lottery Post server, where they can be posted into Blog entries, forum posts, private messages, and signatures.

The next time you're posting a Blog entry, click the Insert Image toolbar button, and then to the right of the entry space for the image URL, click the small icon to open the Image Manager.

That allows you to upload images from your computer directly to your own private storage area on the Lottery Post server.  It is incredibly easy to use, and there are lots of good features.

You can maintain a library of images there, and you just click the image you want to insert into your blog entry (or forum post, or private message, etc.).

So your Blog can become a gallery of winning tickets (among other things).

The other thing you can do is to use the Member Home Pages feature to create a simple web page, just like I did.  Premium members can you the point-and-click web template software that comes with your membership.

Relatively few members have taken advantage of that valuable feature, probably because they're spending more time working with their numbers than exploring and learning different Lottery Post features.  (Who can blame them?)

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
              Member #13130
              March 30, 2005
              2171 Posts
              Posted: February 26, 2006, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

I answered "no" because I was mainly thinking of the jackpot ticket. As Chewie wrote, it would take me a long time to scan and post all of my $5.00 winners and I would never want to post a big jackpot winner. I really can't say why. Guess I'm just paranoid.

If you've ever seen Ransom (1996) w/ Mel Gibson & Gary Senise, or Breakdown (1997) w/ Kurt Russell, you may decide what you thought was "paranoia" is justifiable caution.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
              Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                Charlotte NC
                United States
                Member #17406
                June 18, 2005
                4053 Posts
                Posted: February 26, 2006, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

If you've ever seen Ransom (1996) w/ Mel Gibson & Gary Senise, or Breakdown (1997) w/ Kurt Russell, you may decide what you thought was "paranoia" is justifiable caution.

Yes Nod"Ransom" (1996) remake with Mel Gibson & Gary Senise was a good movie.  The original with Glenn Ford and Donna Reed was classic.

takeemtothebank

Sparta, NJ
                  United States
                  Member #18331
                  July 9, 2005
                  1977 Posts
                  Posted: February 26, 2006, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

Is it parania, if they are really after you?

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice