Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lose for Life-cash option?

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Should ALL 3 states have the choice?

Yes [ 5 ]  [71.43%]
No [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Can't guess [ 2 ]  [28.57%]
Total Valid Votes [ 7 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: March 2, 2006, 10:15 am - IP Logged

The new Lose for Life online game is very controversial. Virginia has a cash option, while GA doesn't. I _still_ don't know about KY. The Virginia option is much lower than the $750,000 cash prize offered by WA Lucky for Life scratch.

Sparta, NJ
    United States
    Member #18331
    July 9, 2005
    1977 Posts
    Posted: March 2, 2006, 11:46 am - IP Logged

Lets see, lemme count the change in my wallet.  Yerp.  Win for life would make a substantial improvement over what I see in there now.  Don't play, don't win.  Play, maybe win.  Hummm.  Yeah right, I'm gonna boycott - next year!

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Alabama
      United States
      Member #17830
      June 27, 2005
      309 Posts
      Posted: March 2, 2006, 11:52 am - IP Logged

I voted "yes." I believe that every lotto game should have a cash option.

That being said, I'm not planning on spending much, if anything, on this game. I can put the money in my Georgia lottery budget towards Fantasy 5, where the odds are much better and the payout is in cash.

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
        Member #4416
        April 22, 2004
        1075 Posts
        Posted: March 2, 2006, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

The new Lose for Life online game is very controversial. Virginia has a cash option, while GA doesn't. I _still_ don't know about KY. The Virginia option is much lower than the $750,000 cash prize offered by WA Lucky for Life scratch.

CASH Only,

Have you even bothered to really compare Washington's Lucky for Life to the new Win for Life game? Do you realize that you're trying to compare a $5 scratcher to a $1 online game? Are you aware that the Washington Lucky for Life scratcher only offers two of the top prizes in the whole series? Do you know that WA Lucky for Life's secondary prize structure is far less than the secondary prizes in Win for Life? Washington's game just doesn't stack up very well at all against Win for Life. See my post in the following thread for a more complete comparison of the two games. http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/129655

aye'

Sparta, NJ
          United States
          Member #18331
          July 9, 2005
          1977 Posts
          Posted: March 2, 2006, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

Logicially, everything in life shoud have a choice.  When I find the hidden document that says life is concerned about my preferences, I'll scratch in the option that: only what Chewie wants will be the way of life.  Until then, I'll accept that I won't always get my way.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

cahaba's avatar - moon
            Birmingham
            United States
            Member #18850
            July 21, 2005
            82 Posts
            Posted: March 2, 2006, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

Cash option or annuity, it doesn't matter to me. If I am fortunate enough to win I will take the money each week and be happy. Beggars cannot be choosers. If you are actually playing win-for-life each week in Georgia, then I would say that you have a reasonable objection to it. Otherwise, try and find another way to spend your time rather than worrying baout Georgia's pay structure. At least Lotto South is dead, buried, and rotting.

"Life is like a box of chocolates...you can speculate on what you're going to get through trial and error"

United States
              Member #379
              June 5, 2002
              11296 Posts
              Posted: March 3, 2006, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

Cash option or annuity, it doesn't matter to me. If I am fortunate enough to win I will take the money each week and be happy. Beggars cannot be choosers. If you are actually playing win-for-life each week in Georgia, then I would say that you have a reasonable objection to it. Otherwise, try and find another way to spend your time rather than worrying baout Georgia's pay structure. At least Lotto South is dead, buried, and rotting.

If you play Lose for Life and hit, there's no cash option. You're stuck with quarterly payments, which is four times as bad as yearly payments.