Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball (moneyball) or Powerplay

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

What is best to do with your extra buck?

Buy an extra powerball(moneyball) [ 15 ]  [62.50%]
Use it for powerplay(multiplier) [ 9 ]  [37.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 24 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  

United States
Member #24439
October 22, 2005
638 Posts
Posted: March 3, 2006, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

What do you think is the best way to invest your extra dollars into Powerball? Use it for the multiplier or cover more powerball(red ball) numbers.

I find this conflicting.

If you get the multiplier correct you double your win.

But if you get the powerball correct you move up to a different win bracket.

Someone give me the odds.

Therefore, PB (powerball.com) is doing a 10x promotion for a limited time. I wonder why a limited time. They sucker us in more than we are and drop us at the end of the month. Good day

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19821 Posts
    Posted: March 3, 2006, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

It all depends on whether you would rather double your winnings if you win or double your chances to win something.  If you play lottery games that have no multiplier you can double your winnings by playing all your combinations twice which is considered foolish.  With the PowerBall multiplier you can increase you winnings by 2-5x which is a little better and now with the 10x replacing one of the 5x ball it's even better.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10347 Posts
      Posted: March 4, 2006, 12:06 am - IP Logged

Editgap

"If you get the multiplier correct you double your win."

That assumes a win. How much have you played and how often have you won anything? The 10X promotion is probably a marketing test.

Sparta, NJ
        United States
        Member #18331
        July 9, 2005
        1977 Posts
        Posted: March 4, 2006, 8:03 am - IP Logged

It all depends on one thing.  Are you happy with second place or lower, or are you a person who wants to be the winner.  Remember, there can only be one winner, but there can be lots of non-winners.  The powerplay is just a soccer-moms concept of making her loser child less of a loser.  I'll always go for the winning position.  Never saw a race car driver getting excited the night before, by planning on not winning!  They invest a ton of money in their cars to win, not to almost win. Never saw a boxer planning on not winning. Ever notice, it is only the loser who feels that it is about how you played the game that counts.  The winner?  He has that winners attitude!  Look mom, I cudda been a winner, but you said not winning is just as good!  Imagine how the world would have turned out, if Truman had thought, lets put all of our money into peace bonds, instead of on the Big Bomb, so we could win the war.  Your grandfather might not have lived to spawn your father!

Go for the Gold, not for the bronze!  America is supposed to be made up of winners, not of, "oh well, whatever."

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Morrison, IL
          United States
          Member #4657
          May 13, 2004
          1884 Posts
          Posted: March 4, 2006, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

I normally do not PowerPlay, but I am on alternate Saturdays this month because of the 10x multiplier. Powerball jackpots aren't won very often, but there are always hundreds of thousands of winners at other prize levels.

Sparta, NJ
            United States
            Member #18331
            July 9, 2005
            1977 Posts
            Posted: March 4, 2006, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

I normally do not PowerPlay, but I am on alternate Saturdays this month because of the 10x multiplier. Powerball jackpots aren't won very often, but there are always hundreds of thousands of winners at other prize levels.

Millions? more are losers.  There are at least twenty losers for every winner, if the winners are having a good draw! Some one is paying for the amount dished out, and it is NOT the state or the Lottery Director!  They are making a H-U-G-E profit on 10X and Powerplay.  From people who spend their money on it.  The 10X and Powerplay only work when you win.  How many have played 10X and how many have won?  It is a gimmick to get YOU to spend more money, thus increasing the Lottery Directors Bonus. The Lottery Directors don't give away money unless they have to.  Why should you?

A SCAM is a SCAM, no matter what title you put on it!  Sometimes you are gullible for a dollar, sometimes for several thousand.  10X and Powerplay are a SCAM.  Count the players, count the winners.  For the lottery to give away 30 some dollars on a 10X, they have to have ten times that in losers.  No degree needed.  When the odds are millions to one against you, go for the max win, not the half win! Remember the Pyriamid!  The guys at the bottom lose!!!!!

Cheers

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
              A long and winding road
              United States
              Member #17084
              June 10, 2005
              4523 Posts
              Posted: March 4, 2006, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

Lets stand corrected here. There can be only one combination of numbers that win the jackpot. More then one person (or group)can play that series and hit. Thus why two states can hold winners for the jackpot claims. My guess is, its your dollar, do with it what ya will. Either way, it goes into the funds and somebody (or group) at some point will get the moola. Check your state that you play in to see how many tickets were sold verses how many were claimed using the power feature. That should give ya an idea of how vested you may want to be on powering up. Good luck with your investment!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #1340
                April 6, 2003
                2450 Posts
                Posted: March 4, 2006, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

let me look at my personal past results...

a few hits in the lower tiers, never won a jackpot.

I would (and did) "power up" my one ticket. Still keeps my 1 ticket per $100,000,000 policy, only now I have the chance to improve the lower end of the prize pool (where I swim)

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Sparta, NJ
                  United States
                  Member #18331
                  July 9, 2005
                  1977 Posts
                  Posted: March 4, 2006, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

I would (and did) "power up" my one ticket. Still keeps my 1 ticket per $100,000,000 policy, only now I have the chance to improve the lower end of the prize pool (where I swim).

Or use the dollar to improve your chances to own the whole pool.  Money is money.  I personally want to go after the big win.  Should I win the 2nd tier, without the PP, I'd wait in line for the check to arrive! Probably saying, while waiting, I should have spent the dollar on the PP! Also saying, I wish the extra dollar had gotten me the big win!

Cheers

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
                    United States
                    Member #19651
                    August 3, 2005
                    621 Posts
                    Posted: March 4, 2006, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

GA has no option    I play pp in SC (pb)  I play for the big $$$$  But a small hit will help in long run

United States
                      Member #16612
                      June 2, 2005
                      3493 Posts
                      Posted: March 4, 2006, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

My vote is to buy an additional PB. Since PB only has a limited time of 10x mulpiter, I wouldn't risk that opportunity.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                        PA
                        United States
                        Member #22983
                        October 6, 2005
                        2226 Posts
                        Posted: March 4, 2006, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

I powered up just this once, I plan on leaving the ticket in the car for a week before I check though for luck.

Sparta, NJ
                          United States
                          Member #18331
                          July 9, 2005
                          1977 Posts
                          Posted: March 4, 2006, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

I powered up just this once, I plan on leaving the ticket in the car for a week before I check though for luck.

NO - NO - NO ! Put it under your bed.  That has already been a proven option for winning.  If you don't trust it down there, put it under the pillow.  Maybe the Tooth Fairy will get confused.

Cheers

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
                            Magnolia, Delaware
                            United States
                            Member #18795
                            July 20, 2005
                            789 Posts
                            Posted: March 4, 2006, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

I'll put my money on the extra ticket, rather on the powerplay option! I refer to the powerplay option as The Suckers Bet, just like the "Insurance" option that a blackjack dealer gives you a chance to buy when playing blackjack!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                              PA
                              United States
                              Member #22983
                              October 6, 2005
                              2226 Posts
                              Posted: March 5, 2006, 1:15 am - IP Logged

Well I decided I just cannot be as stupid as the usual 'jackpot winner,' and checked. 1 of 5, and powerball off by 3. Power "up" was simply just another let "down." But I would not have been too upset if I matched 5 of 5 only, and a 10x came up.

Would even take the 5x. I might try the bed method next week. If it works, I could only imagine how many tickets would be under beds should the news get out. Maybe this is the secret system that we have been looking for, but car visors have been known to produce winners as well.

Only thing is I believe you have to be truly oblivious to logic, and responsibility to win. I don't think you can fake it. No wonder there are so many stupid rich people.