Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Irish and "no luck" YET!!

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Olmazey47.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Stanley, Virginia
United States
Member #14377
April 24, 2005
25 Posts
Posted: March 10, 2006, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

Sad    Ok where can I possibly begin?  It appears after throughly checking resources yesterday and today..... I likely may have the unclaimed "cash 5" lottery ticket worth $100,000 that was purchased last Sept 15 at a safeway in Fairfax, Virginia.... I just recently discovered the scenario and that the ticket expires at 5pm Monday... Now the sad part is, we can't find the ticket... we moved on December 15, 2005 and still have alot, of boxes packed away and have been going through some of them, but so far no "Irish" luck here.... What a way to start St. Patricks Day week, next week, oh God the agony we are going through right now is unbelievable.... according to the Virginia Lottery spokeman that I spoke with today, I was the only one who had made a serious inquiry about the ticket... I was in that safeway store on the day the ticket was supposedly sold, and had never been in the store ever before. When I got to the counter, I noticed the lottery terminal and asked for 2 computer cash 5 tickets... well it now looks like that was the winning ticket, and we have been going through boxes and everywhere in between, so far to no avail... If anyone can deliver me a psychic with winning results, I will pay a small ransom for your services..  please help if you can, we will be looking allday tomorrow and sunday if need be, we have around 69 hours to locate and validate the ticket. this is a serious inquiry and all replies will be treated with the same... I cannot believe this is happening to us again, happened 7 years ago, and 5 years ago, oh yeah and I was born in 1957... please leave your reply and I will get back to you immediately.... I will provide my cell phone number to anyone that can be of serious help... remember a substantial reward will be paid to the one that helps with the retrival of the ticket... one thing I got going for me is I never throw away any tickets, have saved them all since 1988....  please do whatever you can to help, I will gladly repay with much kindness.... thanks for reading my long, long, post.....

Olmazey 48

Olmazey

JAP69's avatar - alas
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #6
    November 4, 2001
    8790 Posts
    Posted: March 10, 2006, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

Look in the box you packed all of the papers in from atop the fridge.

WHATT

Stanley, Virginia
      United States
      Member #14377
      April 24, 2005
      25 Posts
      Posted: March 10, 2006, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

ok thanks, computer desk is also an area where lottery tickets have been before....... it is strong vibes telling me it is still here somewhere.....

Olmazey

Snakeyes's avatar - 8579390479 65f71643cf_m.jpg
        Cleveland, Ohio
        United States
        Member #11445
        February 13, 2005
        1303 Posts
        Posted: March 10, 2006, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

Or, it fell out of your junk drawer and is laying behind the drawer or it fell through and is laying on the ground, inside the cabinet. I found an old-old baseball card like that once.

I hope you find that ticket.

Stanley, Virginia
          United States
          Member #14377
          April 24, 2005
          25 Posts
          Posted: March 10, 2006, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

ok going to the barn to look some more, there are lots of boxes with papers, mail, etc there.. please keep posting your thoughts and suggestions will check back in a few hours.....  thanks, and god help us....

Olmazey

Snakeyes's avatar - 8579390479 65f71643cf_m.jpg
            Cleveland, Ohio
            United States
            Member #11445
            February 13, 2005
            1303 Posts
            Posted: March 10, 2006, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

Did you buy any magazines or newspapers the day you bought that ticket? maybe it's being used as a bookmark.

JAP69's avatar - alas
              South Carolina
              United States
              Member #6
              November 4, 2001
              8790 Posts
              Posted: March 10, 2006, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

Lets start at the store.
              Was you wearing a jacket that has not been laundered. Could be in a pocket of clothing.
              You go to your vehicle. Check all the compartments in the vehicle.
              You go home. where do you most generally lay things like that when you get home.
              A calendar with those bill pockets in them. did you emty the caledar pocket into a box. counter tops. Generaly kitchens get first place to lay something.
              You have those magnets on the fridge to hold things were they put in a box
              Next would be the bedroom area. dresser tops tables etc. Check the boxes from those areas.

WHATT

JAP69's avatar - alas
                South Carolina
                United States
                Member #6
                November 4, 2001
                8790 Posts
                Posted: March 10, 2006, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

I have one more.

Are you a coupon shopper.

I see coupon shoppers carry around little folders to hold coupons. Did you put it in the coupon folder after purchase?

WHATT

United States
                  Member #24008
                  October 19, 2005
                  38 Posts
                  Posted: March 10, 2006, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

I can't imagine misplacing a winning ticket.  I always keep mine in my wallet and check them the day after the drawing.  I can't imagine ever HAVING a winning ticket.  I don't mean to put a damper on all this, but are you sure you've got it?  It ain't easy hitting all those numbers.  I hope you find it and I don't have any psychic abilities (or surely I would have won by now).  Maybe you should check where you keep your checkbook and stuff.  Maybe you put all the sensitive materials in one place and that's where it's at.  Good luck!

Stanley, Virginia
                    United States
                    Member #14377
                    April 24, 2005
                    25 Posts
                    Posted: March 10, 2006, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

"update"        ok now just talked with a psychic on the phone and she seems to think, it is misplaced with our tax papers..... she sensed it was away from me, but not far....... the storage barn is about 60 ft. away.... there are file cabinets, boxes, and an old office desk, full of papers and old lottery tickets...  she also said my sign was in retograde {Tauras} and this was the reason I was having difficulty tracking this ticket down....................  I will be up late tonite no doubt.........

please continue to post suggestions....

Olmazey

Stanley, Virginia
                      United States
                      Member #14377
                      April 24, 2005
                      25 Posts
                      Posted: March 10, 2006, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

it aint the big one no doubt, but $100,000 is nothing to sneeze at......

$68,500 after taxes to be exact.......

takes me 3 years to make that.............  i am looking into everything i can......

be back later.......

Olmazey

Stanley, Virginia
                        United States
                        Member #14377
                        April 24, 2005
                        25 Posts
                        Posted: March 11, 2006, 8:15 am - IP Logged

good morning, getting ready to put an all out assault on the barn, and other storage areas......  was up late but not in the area where the psychic sensed the ticket could be at!!!!!!!!!  I would have thought there would be more than 10 posts, and from more than 3 people by now.... apparently everyone on this board has already won a major prize and is well offf  $$$$$    thanks to those that have been helpful with their suggestions thusfar, you will not

be forgotten regardless whether we find the ticket or not.....

Olmazey

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                          Tennessee
                          United States
                          Member #7853
                          October 15, 2004
                          11338 Posts
                          Posted: March 11, 2006, 8:22 am - IP Logged

are you sure the ticket wasn't lost in the last few months?  thrown away with trash?  not being negative...those scenarios out of the way......where would you usually store your tickets?  how many tickets was bought altogether that could've been accumulated and stored in one place?  ever have a special hiding spot?  go through all possibilities.

JAP69's avatar - alas
                            South Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #6
                            November 4, 2001
                            8790 Posts
                            Posted: March 11, 2006, 8:26 am - IP Logged

Good Luck

WHATT

Sparta, NJ
                              United States
                              Member #18331
                              July 9, 2005
                              1977 Posts
                              Posted: March 11, 2006, 8:38 am - IP Logged

A hard lesson to learn about organization.  A place for everything, everything in its place.  Was valid a hundred years ago, and is still valid.  There a several aticles every year where a family drives off and leaves a child in a diner, or a person locks their baby in the backseat and goes to work - thus killing the child from heat stroke.  If people can't get their life together, sooner or later they are going to drive across a highway and kill a family in an oncoming car.  Get your act together people.  Stop trying to do more then you are capable of doing.  Loosing a winning lottery ticket is proof you can't handle what you have taken on.  Stop and get organized, before your distractions kill some one - like your child!  Not taking the time to pack, label boxes, organize cartons, is pure lack of planning and organization, and an indication of bigger problems.  The handwriting is on the wall, eaither read and heed, or keep walking into the wall.  Your choice, your penalty to pay.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice