Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Irish and "no luck" YET!!

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Olmazey47.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Stanley, Virginia
United States
Member #14377
April 24, 2005
25 Posts
Posted: March 11, 2006, 8:58 am - IP Logged

thanks chewie for your insight into our situation, however let me assure you we packed our belongings and labeled boxes, etc... there is always clutter when you have been together with the same person for 18 years, you sounded more despondent that we had let a winning lottery ticket get away, than trying to encourage us to find it.... let me tell you also, this happens quite often, check out the news posts someone in New Mexico has lost a $200,000 ticket and it has expired...  I am more than careful with my driving, I appreciate your consideration for my children and grandchildren, We just got caught up in something and made a mistake, happens to the best of us, i am trying to be as sane as I possibly can here, hell man we need that money, could you use $100,000 ?  hopefully someday we will all understand why things like this happen...

Olmazey

Sparta, NJ
    United States
    Member #18331
    July 9, 2005
    1977 Posts
    Posted: March 11, 2006, 9:39 am - IP Logged

I spent 23 years in the Army, I have moved a hundred times, and will move a few more times.  Hell, I've moved six times in the last five years.  Never once have ever I lost anything.  I even had items in storage for years.  When I unpacked, everyhing was were I placed it. It is called organization.  Military families, with three, four, or five kids, do it every day of the year, all over the world.  They sit on boats for weeks, with only what they can carry and manage to maintain a family.  Some of them have been married for 30 years.  It is not that difficult of a thing. 

Quite often losing $200,000? Hehehehe.  What, three unorganized individuals, or a couple dozen, in a world of several BILLION!  You call that quite often!  You want encouragement?  You want sympathy? That is what mommie and daddy are for.  You're an adult, act like a responsible person.  You bought a ticket, you lost it.  You call that being careful?  Your mind didn't drift just once and you lost a chance of a lifetime.  The world doesn't work that way.  Forgetfulness is a pattern.  You screwed up your chance, no one else.  Life is a bitch, then you die.  No one needs to burp you any more.  You know what you have, and what can be looked at. Go look at it!  You need some one to tell you how to survive?  You need money, so do billions of other people.  You lost the ticket!  Option one, find it!  Option two, do with out!  Me?  Instead of wasting time on the keyboard, I would take everything I own outside, one item at a time, and eliminate it from the possibility.  You?  Keep hoping some one else can solve the problem you created!  If you don't find, get organized for the next chance at life.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

LosingJeff's avatar - flower
      Greenfield
      United States
      Member #3587
      February 2, 2004
      557 Posts
      Posted: March 11, 2006, 9:45 am - IP Logged

Look in your coats and suit pockets!

" FUN IS BAD " ----causes Bankruptcy

United States
        Member #23806
        October 16, 2005
        188 Posts
        Posted: March 11, 2006, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

[quote]Now the sad part is, we can't find the ticket... we moved on December 15, 2005 and still have alot, of boxes packed away and have been going through some of them, [/quote]

bro, let me give you some advice. CHECK ALL THE DAMN BOXES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$70,000 IS ALOT OF MONEY!!!!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
          Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11338 Posts
          Posted: March 11, 2006, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

i quote......."i cannot believe this is happening to us again,happened 7 years ago,5 years ago"....are you telling me you lost major jackpot tickets before this too???

Bang Head

Stanley, Virginia
            United States
            Member #14377
            April 24, 2005
            25 Posts
            Posted: March 11, 2006, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

Ok update, after being tonguelashed by sargent chewie I'm almost afraid to post another message.... taking a little break from the search, then we are going back at it.. have went through about half the boxes....... found several hundred old tickets...... have several places to look yet..... truck compartments..... desk drawers...... misc.....  this is just a miscue on my part and should never have happened really.... I never took the time and checked the ticket like I should have or we wouldn't be having this conversation....... my kids are not even helping me out with the search.... my wife and mother in law are helping, but kids think it's a waste of time and a big joke..... all in all I am ok, not as bad as chewie would have you believe, apparently he has never won a dollar playing the lottery, and then someone that is opposite of him comes along and has a winning $100,000 lottery ticket and loses it in a moment of life, and he freaks.... sorry chewie, I am not military minded nor am I a section 8 private pyle style sir... just made a mistake, don't want sympathy, just looking for suggestions and insight.... hopefully after finding something that was very sentimentally valueble to me while looking for something else, the tide will turn.........  be back later with another update.........  as they say in old Ireland  "cheers"

Olmazey

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10348 Posts
              Posted: March 11, 2006, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

OK Irish.... (I'm half harp meself):

St Anthony is the patron saint of lost articles, and there's actually a prayer:

St. Anthony, St. Anthony, please come around
              There's something lost that must be found...

Might be worth giving it a try!

Wink

Los Angeles
                United States
                Member #35049
                March 11, 2006
                1 Posts
                Posted: March 11, 2006, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

Geez Chewie, you need to lighten up or be sure to apply your hemmoroid cream in the right place next time. To me it doesnt look like the man has come here for a hard core "lesson" on organization.

If you want to be a motivational speaker on such things though I am sure there is a university or old folks home who may take you up on that offer.

As for you Olmazey, I feel for you. I had 40 million dollars SO CLOSE once that it sickens me. But, I know now it just wasnt meant to be. Make sure you look everywhere.

I am sure you meticulously labeled your boxes to the delight of some of our more scrutinizing posters. So, make sure you give them all a good search.

With lots o luck and Irish well wishings to you.

Savannah~

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5118 Posts
                  Posted: March 11, 2006, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

OK Irish.... (I'm half harp meself):

St Anthony is the patron saint of lost articles, and there's actually a prayer:

St. Anthony, St. Anthony, please come around
                  There's something lost that must be found...

Might be worth giving it a try!

Wink

Olmazey:

You donot tend to be very organized, but like 79% of the others on this site,

you seem to be able to make it THRU the day, OK????????????????????????

We all seem to like "clutter" and butter on our popcorn and yes, with the....

proceeds of this JACKPOT.......I want you to "swear" on the stone......that...

you will hire a "Professional Organizer" with all that................$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Now,................PSYKOMO see's the tickets you HAVE .....................still in the

pockets of your clothes or in a car.......van, ect...........as the LETTER  "C" like

CACH comes to mind when thinking the loCation of this TICKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop=======Think+++++++"Let Your Bucket Down and Drink" ^^^^^^^

LOL

PSYKOMO 

Stanley, Virginia
                    United States
                    Member #14377
                    April 24, 2005
                    25 Posts
                    Posted: March 11, 2006, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

thanks psycho, we as a family could all use a little laughter right about now...you have done well and we want to thank you for it...... we still have around 35 or 36 hours to search and find and validate.... we have been through about half the items we wanted to look through..... we will continue in the morning around 7:30 and be cleaning house most of the day......  I had a blessing from God, and evidently something I have done in the last 6 months has killed the blessing.... that is what the spiritual side is telling me.. It will come to pass, just as everything else has before me...  thank you again for the humor and suggestions, If I find it in my truck, which happens to be a chevrolet  "C"  I hereby declare to pay unto you the sum of $1000.00 dollars.....

bank on it....

Olmazey

Raven62's avatar - binary
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #17843
                      June 28, 2005
                      49686 Posts
                      Posted: March 11, 2006, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

Lost Items Are Found...

In the Last Place You Look...

You Can Shorten Your Search...

By Looking In The Last Place First!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                        Member #4877
                        May 30, 2004
                        5118 Posts
                        Posted: March 12, 2006, 12:16 am - IP Logged

Thank YOU "O"

Think about where you have been .......places ect.....in the truCk and clothes

you bought or gave awayyyyyyyyyyyyy...............trashed (I HOPE NOT) or any

other thing you transported in the truCk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SORRY.........but I cannot take anything from you on this DEAL....It's YOUR's!!

LOL......$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PSYKOMO 

Stanley, Virginia
                          United States
                          Member #14377
                          April 24, 2005
                          25 Posts
                          Posted: March 13, 2006, 8:31 am - IP Logged

"update"  monday, March 13, 8:23 am..  Have not found the ticket yet, still looking in inconspiciuos places, boxes have pretty much all been checked.... still need to search the vehicles, dash, floorboards under seats...  have until 5 pm today to have ticket validated.. took off work today and probably won't leave house until search is successful or called off..  I will post immediately if found, or post last message at 5 pm this evening.... thanks to all who have offered their help and encouragment.. you will not be forgotten... God Bless....

OLMAZey

Olmazey

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10348 Posts
                            Posted: March 13, 2006, 10:40 am - IP Logged

Well, even the good St Anthony can't help if it's not there to begin with, but hang in there. 

Stanley, Virginia
                              United States
                              Member #14377
                              April 24, 2005
                              25 Posts
                              Posted: March 13, 2006, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

"update"  it appears there won't be a party here tonite, the time to validate the ticket has expired as of 5 pm..  We gave it our best shot, but it was not meant to be...  there will be more chances to win I am sure......  I want to thank everyone who offered their help and suggestions.... thank you very much...  just a hard situation to be in, when you don't know where to look to start with....  if you ever move and play the lottery, make sure you keep your tickets in a safe place.... "clutter" has just cost us a chance to be somewhat prosperous for 2006....

God Bless All

Olmazey