Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 5:17 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ohio LOP-record low payouts again

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #16612
June 2, 2005
3493 Posts
Posted: April 2, 2006, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

I agree. I think Ohio should have kept SLP. I'm not happy if LOP is computerized.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19897 Posts
    Posted: April 2, 2006, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

CASH Only writes:
    Why does it seem like I'm the only person outraged that NY Rotto has only a 38%-40% payout?

Could it be that most LP members don't live in NY or play its games?  You're preaching to the wrong choir.

Just6ntlc,

LOP uses a balls machine to pick its numbers.  I doubt if LOP will be replaced any time soon because it fits right in between Rolling Cash5 and MegaMillions.  If it is replaced the new game would have a $1M to $4M jackpot and probably wouldn't pay any better.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: April 23, 2006, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

The Saturday 4/23 payout was the lowest yet for a Saturday during the LOP weekends promotion. Only one Saturday left before the end of what could be Ohio's last attempt to salvage the game.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19897 Posts
        Posted: April 23, 2006, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

CASH Only,

You're looking at state lotteries as a way to create personal wealth while states see them as a way to create wealth for the state.  If LOP bring in more money for Ohio than the SLP game it replaced then it will be around for a while, if not it will be replaced. 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #16612
          June 2, 2005
          3493 Posts
          Posted: April 24, 2006, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

I think LOP is gaining wealth and revenue. However, if it's not saved, I would want to see Ohio Super Lotto Plus back. However, they follow the California way and add the bonus ball to win.

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: April 24, 2006, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

CASH Only,

You're looking at state lotteries as a way to create personal wealth while states see them as a way to create wealth for the state.  If LOP bring in more money for Ohio than the SLP game it replaced then it will be around for a while, if not it will be replaced. 

I don't see how LOP is making more money for the state than SLP did. LOP needs players, but it's continuing to lose them.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19897 Posts
              Posted: April 24, 2006, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

Judt6ntlc,

Ohio Super Lotto Plus did have a bonus ball, that's reason the "Plus" was added to its name.  The problem was it was losing money using the same rules it had when it was a more popular game like starting jackpots of $4M and minimum rolls of $1M which had been $4M at one time.  I look for a similar game with some rules changes to replace LOP, but not real soon.

CASH Only,

True SLP had more players than LOP, but it payed a higher percent of its sales out.  If a game like SLP comes back, it will have smaller jackpots and rollovers.

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #379
                June 5, 2002
                11296 Posts
                Posted: April 24, 2006, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

Judt6ntlc,

Ohio Super Lotto Plus did have a bonus ball, that's reason the "Plus" was added to its name.  The problem was it was losing money using the same rules it had when it was a more popular game like starting jackpots of $4M and minimum rolls of $1M which had been $4M at one time.  I look for a similar game with some rules changes to replace LOP, but not real soon.

LOP is a better game than GA-KY-VA Lose for Life _and_ PA Unlucky for Life, but sadly I think LOP will be gone first. Very soon there will be LOP drawings with statewide payouts under $100,000.