Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Fantasy 5's New EZMATCH

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 11 years ago by inittowin.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Florida Fantasy 5's New EZMATCH

Love it! [ 11 ]  [78.57%]
Hate it! [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I'm moving to Florida! [ 3 ]  [21.43%]
Total Valid Votes [ 14 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
Dump Water Florida
United States
Member #380
June 5, 2002
3102 Posts
Posted: March 18, 2006, 12:11 am - IP Logged

On March 20th 2006 The Florida Fantasy 5/36 will add EZMATCH to the game, see: http://www.flalottery.com/inet/games-fantasy5Main.do for rules.

For each of the 5 numbers you play, the game assigns a random prize from $2.00 to $500.00 naturally there are a lot of $2.00 prizes and $500.00 prizes come around once in two hundred thousand sales. 

If one or more of your numbers are drawn, you win the number prizes along with any regular prizes the Fantasy 5 pays.  It costs an additional dollar per line to add EZMATCH to your play.

The obvious choice is to play 8 combinations using all the numbers for a cost of $16.00 with what I'm assuming at this time to be a guaranteed $10.00 return or better, so at worse case it's like getting a two dollar discount on 8 lines.  This could be scaled up to include wheels playing all the numbers with an equal number of numbers played. 

BobP

Alabama
    United States
    Member #17830
    June 27, 2005
    309 Posts
    Posted: March 18, 2006, 1:49 am - IP Logged

I voted "Love it!"  I can't wait to get down to FLA to play this!  Florida Fantasy 5 is my favorite game.  But it's almost a 4 hour drive to the state line, so I don't get to play as often as I'd like.   Crying

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
      Wisconsin
      United States
      Member #1303
      March 27, 2003
      1508 Posts
      Posted: March 18, 2006, 10:03 am - IP Logged

On March 20th 2006 The Florida Fantasy 5/36 will add EZMATCH to the game, see: http://www.flalottery.com/inet/games-fantasy5Main.do for rules.

For each of the 5 numbers you play, the game assigns a random prize from $2.00 to $500.00 naturally there are a lot of $2.00 prizes and $500.00 prizes come around once in two hundred thousand sales. 

If one or more of your numbers are drawn, you win the number prizes along with any regular prizes the Fantasy 5 pays.  It costs an additional dollar per line to add EZMATCH to your play.

The obvious choice is to play 8 combinations using all the numbers for a cost of $16.00 with what I'm assuming at this time to be a guaranteed $10.00 return or better, so at worse case it's like getting a two dollar discount on 8 lines.  This could be scaled up to include wheels playing all the numbers with an equal number of numbers played. 

BobP

That sounds very interesting, Bob. Glad to see that some of the lottery commissions are getting creative.  It has possibilities for people in Florida.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
        Atlantic Mine, Michigan
        United States
        Member #416
        June 23, 2002
        1614 Posts
        Posted: March 18, 2006, 10:07 am - IP Logged

Michigan had something like this when we had EXTRA! for the daily games.  I liked it I always played it because you could win your money back from the tickets you bought.  And it happened a lot.  Unfortunetly they changed the game to something with longer odds and I never play it.  Good luck in Florida.  It's a fun addition to games.

Brad

inittowin's avatar - 039ee315cfea4c12c8f5
          If you don't like it, spit it out!
          United States
          Member #4756
          May 23, 2004
          3433 Posts
          Posted: March 18, 2006, 10:15 am - IP Logged

I decided to play some of the new EZMATCH games. I usually play the scratch off tickets, but don't win very much at all. This way, if I spend $10 for a fantasy five ticket instead of a scratch off, I have 2 chances to win for the same amount of money.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
            Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: March 18, 2006, 10:16 am - IP Logged

everyone loves it so far.......good thing there.

United States
              Member #1826
              July 11, 2003
              2645 Posts
              Posted: March 18, 2006, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

This is a surprise for Florida. Florida is never the kind of state to do anything especially unique. But this is a fantastic addition. They do something similar in NJ with the Pick-3 and Pick-4, and I play that every chance I get. This is great news.

Oh, and ezMatch has a 68% prize payout (as opposed to primary Fantasy 5's 50% payout).

(insert signature here)

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10345 Posts
                Posted: March 18, 2006, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

To call any lottery game EZMatch is a stroke of marketing genius.

Embarassed 

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                  Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: March 19, 2006, 1:22 am - IP Logged

Hmm. Sounds interesting. Maybe I'll start playing Fantasy 5 again! I've seen the new cards, but I've been trying to budget and I'm afraid to stop playing my Lotto numbers. For some reason the majority of the unclaimed tickets seem to be Fantasy 5.  I guess it's because it's a daily game and very popular. I've mentioned this before, but another $87K prize bit the dust Fri and again on Mon a $53K win will expire. It just blows my mind!`

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: March 20, 2006, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

I just bought 3 quick picks for tonight, and I was dissapointed to say the least. I also got the EZ match along with the 3 tickets.

Talk about computerized cheating. I didn't know that the numbers have to match the numbers I selected. That's a bunch of huey. I thought they have to match the drawing.

Think about it. The computer sees the numbers and says ok, we know what numbers you're playing and we'll make sure none match. We'll make a couple of people happy by matching their numbers, just to keep them quiet.

I Knew instantly that I didn't win. It's like buying a scratch off.

It's no fun if they have control of my numbers. That's why I like them to match against the drawing, not against what the computer picks out. You'll never know if it's completely random or not.

Three thumbs down!!!!!

Thumbs Down  Thumbs Down  Thumbs Down

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
                      Jacksonville Florida
                      United States
                      Member #23018
                      October 6, 2005
                      915 Posts
                      Posted: March 20, 2006, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

Although the information on this game says the ez-match numbers are selected by the terminal this does not mean they are random numbers and prize amounts. If it was, then each prize amount would have the same odds of ocurring.

If it was completely a random event then each prize amount should have an equal chance of coming up. I am thinking this is less about actual random numbers matching and more about having a set algorothm where in a prize pool of 210,000 tickets, one ticket will be selected to win the $500 prize and when that occurs, print a $500 winning match number, and the same for the lower prizes at the published odds.

I posted more about this in the Pick 5 Forum...

United States
                        Member #17555
                        June 22, 2005
                        5582 Posts
                        Posted: March 20, 2006, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

Although the information on this game says the ez-match numbers are selected by the terminal this does not mean they are random numbers and prize amounts. If it was, then each prize amount would have the same odds of ocurring.

If it was completely a random event then each prize amount should have an equal chance of coming up. I am thinking this is less about actual random numbers matching and more about having a set algorothm where in a prize pool of 210,000 tickets, one ticket will be selected to win the $500 prize and when that occurs, print a $500 winning match number, and the same for the lower prizes at the published odds.

I posted more about this in the Pick 5 Forum...

Bravo!!!!! I couldn't have said it any better. It's a scam in my opinion.

It's just an attempt on their part to sell more tickets, just like that other scam they came out with a few months ago. It goes like this:

You atomatically buy one of each game, that's a total of $5.00, and get a quick pick for free. So they're inticing you to spend $5.00 and throwing you a bone. Again, trying to sell you more tickets. So the games are p-3, p-4, mega millions, Fantasy five, and Lotto. Then you get a quick pick free. Whoopdeeedoo....LOL

I have a feeling I'm starting to sound a little like losing jeff....LOL

inittowin's avatar - 039ee315cfea4c12c8f5
                          If you don't like it, spit it out!
                          United States
                          Member #4756
                          May 23, 2004
                          3433 Posts
                          Posted: March 20, 2006, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

Pacattack05 says:

It's no fun if they have control of my numbers. That's why I like them to match against the drawing, not against what the computer picks out. You'll never know if it's completely random or not.

Three thumbs down!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to agree Pac! I bought mine today and it convinced me not to buy any more EZMATCH or scratch off tickets. The state got me 1 time with this scam.............it's a worthless game!

I saw the FL state lottery secretary,  Rebecca Dirden Mattingly, on TV the other day. She was explaining how the lottery needs to boost sales and her idea was to increase the amount of lottery terminals, through out the state. She suggests to put the terminals in hair salons, bowling alleys and other wacky places. They already have them on every corner, with convenience stores and grocery stores. Evidently, she doesn't get it at all!

When Jeb gets out of office, maybe the new Gov will appoint someone with some common sense on how to market a lottery here. I hope one of the first things would be, is to televise the daily drawings. I still don't understand their willingness to scam us into believing what was drawn, by seeing the numbers on the bottom of the screen. There have been days that the numbers on the TV don't match what the FL lottery site puts up! Then, instead of increasing the pay-off odds on scratch off tickets, decrease them to increase sales. This isn't rocket science.

I'm just thankful for online gaming and other state lotteries.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                            Wandering Aimlessly
                            United States
                            Member #25360
                            November 5, 2005
                            4461 Posts
                            Posted: March 20, 2006, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

Hi, Pac. Yup, that's exactly the way I felt the first time I bought a Grouper. I know I got a "free" ticket but not only do they choose the numbers, they choose which game is the free one. One time the clerk only gave me 5 tickets and I finally got the 6th ticket after making a stink about it. (as if I wouldn't notice?)  At first the Fantasy 5 new option looked interesting to me, but now that you & Duckman mention it, maybe it's not a good deal after all.  I knew it was an instant win on the EZ pick, but just assumed they would be random numbers. I'm not so sure the people running the lottery as as sinister as everyone makes them out to be. I'm only saying that to comfort myself, so I don't lose hope in every facet of government. However, what Duckman writes does make sense in the real world.

BTW, Inittowin, if Florida is so concerned about generating more money, do you think joining one of the multi-state games like PB would help to boost sales? Maybe this has already been brought up, but I always figured selling PB or MM tickets would increase sales in Florida, even though changing the matrix has made winning an even more impossible dream.

United States
                              Member #17555
                              June 22, 2005
                              5582 Posts
                              Posted: March 20, 2006, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

Hi, Pac. Yup, that's exactly the way I felt the first time I bought a Grouper. I know I got a "free" ticket but not only do they choose the numbers, they choose which game is the free one. One time the clerk only gave me 5 tickets and I finally got the 6th ticket after making a stink about it. (as if I wouldn't notice?)  At first the Fantasy 5 new option looked interesting to me, but now that you & Duckman mention it, maybe it's not a good deal after all.  I knew it was an instant win on the EZ pick, but just assumed they would be random numbers. I'm not so sure the people running the lottery as as sinister as everyone makes them out to be. I'm only saying that to comfort myself, so I don't lose hope in every facet of government. However, what Duckman writes does make sense in the real world.

BTW, Inittowin, if Florida is so concerned about generating more money, do you think joining one of the multi-state games like PB would help to boost sales? Maybe this has already been brought up, but I always figured selling PB or MM tickets would increase sales in Florida, even though changing the matrix has made winning an even more impossible dream.

I saw the FL state lottery secretary,  Rebecca Dirden Mattingly, on TV the other day. She was explaining how the lottery needs to boost sales and her idea was to increase the amount of lottery terminals, through out the state. She suggests to put the terminals in hair salons, bowling alleys and other wacky places. They already have them on every corner, with convenience stores and grocery stores. Evidently, she doesn't get it at all!

I read that in the paper.

It's not so much being sinister. It's more like, they actually believe we are that dumb? There's no way for us to know with absolute surety, the randomness, because even if they are using the best model and seed in the world, it still has been contaminated by humans, who picks the seed. But most importantly, the former case.