Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 4:23 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Fantasy 5's New EZMATCH

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 11 years ago by inittowin.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Florida Fantasy 5's New EZMATCH

Love it! [ 11 ]  [78.57%]
Hate it! [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I'm moving to Florida! [ 3 ]  [21.43%]
Total Valid Votes [ 14 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: March 20, 2006, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

Pacattack05 says:

It's no fun if they have control of my numbers. That's why I like them to match against the drawing, not against what the computer picks out. You'll never know if it's completely random or not.

Three thumbs down!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to agree Pac! I bought mine today and it convinced me not to buy any more EZMATCH or scratch off tickets. The state got me 1 time with this scam.............it's a worthless game!

I saw the FL state lottery secretary,  Rebecca Dirden Mattingly, on TV the other day. She was explaining how the lottery needs to boost sales and her idea was to increase the amount of lottery terminals, through out the state. She suggests to put the terminals in hair salons, bowling alleys and other wacky places. They already have them on every corner, with convenience stores and grocery stores. Evidently, she doesn't get it at all!

When Jeb gets out of office, maybe the new Gov will appoint someone with some common sense on how to market a lottery here. I hope one of the first things would be, is to televise the daily drawings. I still don't understand their willingness to scam us into believing what was drawn, by seeing the numbers on the bottom of the screen. There have been days that the numbers on the TV don't match what the FL lottery site puts up! Then, instead of increasing the pay-off odds on scratch off tickets, decrease them to increase sales. This isn't rocket science.

I'm just thankful for online gaming and other state lotteries.

FL's next governor (Jeb cannot be re-elected) needs to push for Powerball.

BTW the FL games will soon pay out 60%. Compare to a maximum of 40% in NY Rotto.

inittowin's avatar - 039ee315cfea4c12c8f5
    If you don't like it, spit it out!
    United States
    Member #4756
    May 23, 2004
    3433 Posts
    Posted: March 20, 2006, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

If I remeber correctly, when Jeb was elected, FL was going to be part of a multi-state lottery but 'ol Jeb canned it. Too much compition for the FL lotto game.

Cash only- The FL games will payout 60% soon? I missed something some where......

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: March 20, 2006, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

If I remeber correctly, when Jeb was elected, FL was going to be part of a multi-state lottery but 'ol Jeb canned it. Too much compition for the FL lotto game.

Cash only- The FL games will payout 60% soon? I missed something some where......

It's true, although I don't remember when that will be. I will be visiting FL in mid-October, during hurricane season.

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: March 20, 2006, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

It's true, although I don't remember when that will be. I will be visiting FL in mid-October, during hurricane season.

LOL.....Better bring our golashes......

They're predicting a start of a twenty year cycle for increased activity in the hurricane and general storm area. I should be in the roofing business. Not to poke fun, but I'm really being serious.

There are people still waiting to have their roofs done. A waiting list of sort. A shortage of workers and requires to have people coming in from out of state, just to alleviate some of the burden. There's a niche for me right there.

I'm in the wrong business.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: March 21, 2006, 3:23 am - IP Logged

"It's not so much being sinister. It's more like, they actually believe we are that dumb? There's no way for us to know with absolute surety, the randomness, because even if they are using the best model and seed in the world, it still has been contaminated by humans, who picks the seed. But most importantly, the former case."

Oh, I believe they do think we're that dumb! Sometimes I even question my sanity when I buy a lottery ticket. Anyway, I agree that seeing numbers drawn is the best way to handle all games.

Regarding the Lotto payouts, I'm not sure I understand the question. I thought Florida Lotto usually pays out around 60% if that's what you're talking about. MegaMoney is over 70%.  For example, look at the press release on 3/15 where the winner of the $6M jackpot received over $3.8M (64%) and the same amount won in Feb paid over $3.9M.  On Feb 17 they didn't announce the lump sum paid on the $3M jackpot at all. When a winner took the 30 year payout on $46M in Dec there wasn't any mention of the cash value. Is there somewhere they actually show the cash value of a jackpot before it's claimed? I've never seen it. I usually wait until there's a news release and do the math. The MegaMoney jackpot of $900,000 won last week paid over 76% ($686K)

"There are people still waiting to have their roofs done."

And many of them are from Charley in Aug 2004!  Parts of Punta Gorda still haven't been cleaned up because there was so much devastation. Have you been over to the East Coast lately? Wilma tore the rooftops off of a lot of homes in the Palm Beach County area. I was just there and blue tarps are everywhere. My father in Delray Beach didn't have power for nearly a month last Oct. Don't know if you'd want to be a roofer in the summer, Pac, unless you enjoy being fried under the Florida sun or hit by lightning, although the pay is pretty good.  I'm thinking of taking off soon. Wish I had done that 6 months ago when I had some more money. The traffic is making me crazy.

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: March 21, 2006, 8:21 am - IP Logged

Don't know if you'd want to be a roofer in the summer, Pac, unless you enjoy being fried under the Florida sun or hit by lightning, although the pay is pretty good.  I'm thinking of taking off soon. Wish I had done that 6 months ago when I had some more money. The traffic is making me crazy.

I would be the owner, not the worker.....LOL

Traffic is one of the reasons I'm leaving and going to San Diego.

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: March 31, 2006, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

I just bought 3 quick picks for tonight, and I was dissapointed to say the least. I also got the EZ match along with the 3 tickets.

Talk about computerized cheating. I didn't know that the numbers have to match the numbers I selected. That's a bunch of huey. I thought they have to match the drawing.

Think about it. The computer sees the numbers and says ok, we know what numbers you're playing and we'll make sure none match. We'll make a couple of people happy by matching their numbers, just to keep them quiet.

I Knew instantly that I didn't win. It's like buying a scratch off.

It's no fun if they have control of my numbers. That's why I like them to match against the drawing, not against what the computer picks out. You'll never know if it's completely random or not.

Three thumbs down!!!!!

Thumbs Down  Thumbs Down  Thumbs Down

I just hit 3 times on one ticket totaling $20.00.

Maybe it's not that bad after all.

United States
                Member #4756
                May 23, 2004
                3433 Posts
                Posted: March 31, 2006, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations on your win Pacattack05! I'm glad to see you hit! Thumbs Up

I checked the odds on some of the $5 scratch-off tickets and I found that you will hit $500 on average, more times than you would playing $5 in the Ezmatch. Below are the odds for the $5 Crown Jewel ticket from the FL lottery web site.

#631 CROWN JEWELS $5 Scratch-off ticket

Odds of Winning     

$100,000.00 1-in-2,040,000 
                    $10,000.00 1-in-408,000 
                    $1,000.00 1-in-66,885.25 
                    $500.00 1-in-45,333.33 
                    $100.00 1-in-240 
                    $75.00 1-in-4,000 
                    $50.00 1-in-100 
                    $25.00 1-in-60 
                    $15.00 1-in-30 
                    $10.00 1-in-12 
                    $5.00 1-in-7.5   

And here are the odds for the Ezmatch - (the "give your money freely to the FL lottery game").

EZmatch
                Odds of Winning and Prize payouts
                Prize
                Odds of Winning
                Overall
                1:4.88

It is over 4 times the odds to win the GRAND prize of $500! You actually have a better chance of hitting the $1000 prize with the scratch-off!

The only thing that I see as a benefit right now, is the daily jackpot for the Fantasy Five has risen. It will probably go back down when people realize that they are just giving their money away with the Ezmatch. An explanation from the FL lottery on where the money that is generated by just the Ezmatch game is going would be refreshing.

United States
                  Member #17555
                  June 22, 2005
                  5582 Posts
                  Posted: March 31, 2006, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations on your win Pacattack05! I'm glad to see you hit! Thumbs Up

I checked the odds on some of the $5 scratch-off tickets and I found that you will hit $500 on average, more times than you would playing $5 in the Ezmatch. Below are the odds for the $5 Crown Jewel ticket from the FL lottery web site.

#631 CROWN JEWELS $5 Scratch-off ticket

Odds of Winning     

$100,000.00 1-in-2,040,000 
                      $10,000.00 1-in-408,000 
                      $1,000.00 1-in-66,885.25 
                      $500.00 1-in-45,333.33 
                      $100.00 1-in-240 
                      $75.00 1-in-4,000 
                      $50.00 1-in-100 
                      $25.00 1-in-60 
                      $15.00 1-in-30 
                      $10.00 1-in-12 
                      $5.00 1-in-7.5   

And here are the odds for the Ezmatch - (the "give your money freely to the FL lottery game").

EZmatch
                  Odds of Winning and Prize payouts
                  Prize
                  Odds of Winning
                  Overall
                  1:4.88

It is over 4 times the odds to win the GRAND prize of $500! You actually have a better chance of hitting the $1000 prize with the scratch-off!

The only thing that I see as a benefit right now, is the daily jackpot for the Fantasy Five has risen. It will probably go back down when people realize that they are just giving their money away with the Ezmatch. An explanation from the FL lottery on where the money that is generated by just the Ezmatch game is going would be refreshing.

$20.00 was one 15 dollar and two 5 dollar wins. I guess according to the payout above, it was pure luck.

WOW! 210,000 odds for a $500.00 payday, that really blows....

What are they thinking.

Wait a minute, that equals $25.00 win, not 20. Whooohooo!!!!!

I forgot how to count....LOL  DUH!!!!

My numbers  05  06  18  28  31

EZmatch: 05-$5

22-$25

25-$50

28-$5

31-$15

Maybe the Jackpot is on this ticket.....?????

United States
                    Member #4756
                    May 23, 2004
                    3433 Posts
                    Posted: March 31, 2006, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

>Maybe the Jackpot is on this ticket.....?????

I hope it is my friend! Good luck tonight!