Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Reality

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 11 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: April 1, 2006, 12:56 am - IP Logged

I want to know what people think of their existence here on a floating rock, hurdling through space, at a thousand miles per hour.

The reality is that we are living on a rock. A round one. I'm not trying to be cute, really!

I could spend a week preparing a nice little coverage of perceptions alone. Not to mention what I'm about to unveil.

Basically it goes like this.

We are basically made up of stardust. Every facet of our being, whether it's physical or mental derived from the planet earth.

The planet earth was a creation from the sun. The sun is a product of the basic elements of the universe. Visa Vee....The table of elements.

Humans have been created by the universe, in order that the universe can look back on itself. It has devised a way, over eons, to form the right atoms in such a way, as to create a life source, that actually wakes up, so to speak, from the inanimate, to the animated. What a feat I must say. To create a spark out of nothing but amino acids.

This juncture is difficult because of the different belief ideals that are abound.

I look at it this way. Until I get some real life divine intervention with real angels and demons fighting for a seat, I'll just have to use my noodle that has been knitted for me. This is all we have, to understand our reality. Think about it, how many times have you tested God's patience with challenges, and he always won. Is that a sin? I don't think so.

How come there are no divine interventions anymore? Back in the bible days, every other decade there was something supernatural going on.

The other dilemma......Age of the earth.

Religous people view the world as a planet that is only about 10 thousand years old. I can prove this is not so. Not to mention the fact about carbon dating. But there is a more practical way to explain that the earth is billions of years old.

Here's the explanation.

The Andromeda Galaxy is like two million light years away. It took the light at 186,00 miles per second, two million years to reach your eye. Therefore if the planet earth is only about 10,000 years or so old, how is it that we can see stars and galaxies that are so way out, that it takes millions of years for the light to travel?, It only proves that the system has been around for a very very long time.

Andromeda Galaxy

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Andromeda Galaxy
GalaxyList of galaxies

The Andromeda Galaxy,
with
M32 (left) and M110 (right)

Observation data
(Epoch J2000.0)
TypeSA(s)ab
Right ascension00h 42.8m
Declination+41° 16′
Distance2.52 million ly
Redshift ?
Apparent magnitude (V)+3.4
Apparent dimensions (V)3.2 × 1.0 °
ConstellationAndromeda
Physical characteristics
Radius110,000 ly
Absolute magnitude (V)-21.4
Notable featuresNone
Other designationsM31, NGC 224

The Andromeda Galaxy (also known as M31 or NGC 224; older texts often call it the Andromeda Nebula) is a giant spiral galaxy in the Local Group, together with the Milky Way galaxy. It is at a distance of approximately 2.5 million light years or 770 kpc, in the direction of the constellation Andromeda.

According to the bible, not only was the earth created in 7 days, but the universe itself. If it was created about 10 or 20 thousand years ago, why does it take so long for the light to travel here. If the universe is only about 10 thousand years old, the light should take a matter of days to get here, maybe even weeks or months, not eons. The stars and planets and galaxies would be much closer to us. We would be inendated with brightness year round. If you do your homework, you'll realize that the moon was 10 times closer, at the very beginning of the formation of planet earth. Throughout time, the moon has slowly veered away, even to this day. This is measured as about  one and a half inches a day.

That's one proof right there.

Here are some general thoughts:

Over 50 million people died in World War II. No intervention.

Countless soldiers gave their life during WWI.

The black plague killed, how many?

Earthquakes, floods, famine in Africa, at untold proportions, the list goes on. Aids has taken over and now the bird flu?

I look around and see a life that is constantly challenging me. No response. I call out to the creator of the universe, in helping me understand. I get no reply. We were created by aliens who are in cahoots with the devil. He impregnated an ape. We are just here because of an experiment.

Nevertheless, It's important to remember that when you look up at the starry night, you'll see yourself. You are the universe looking back on itself.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
    Member #4877
    May 30, 2004
    5124 Posts
    Posted: April 1, 2006, 1:21 am - IP Logged

pacahack05........................

Are you trying to ask a question.........like????

Kamera....... (A Photographic Memoir)

and we live on the planet??????????????????????????????????????????

3rd planet from the SUN?

LOL

PSYKOMO 

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: April 1, 2006, 1:26 am - IP Logged

all we are is dust in the wind.......

Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: April 1, 2006, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

stardust.i love those things i love all the flavors!

Clairvoyance's avatar - eye storm.jpg

United States
          Member #26882
          November 23, 2005
          1404 Posts
          Posted: April 1, 2006, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

Did God throw bombs at the people or did man throw bombs at other people? Did God sneak up behind men and shot them or did another man sneak up on another man and shoot him? God will allow man to destroy each other and the universe and that is what is exactly happening!

Again because men killed each other!

Again a product of man!

Earthquakes, floods, famine in Africa, at untold proportions, the list goes on. Aids has taken over and now the bird flu?

Again because of man and the mistakes they have made and the damage they have done to the perfect world God made. Aids again the actions of men! Again God will allow men to destroy each other and their self! Why? Free will! Man makes mistakes and God does not, if we think we can do things right and our own way with out the help of God and because we do not ask we do not receive that help of God. Actually man has about taken God out of every thing and what has not already been accomplished is in the works of being so!  God said: My people shall parish Due to lack of Knowledge! We can see this happen every day!

By the way I'm made of sugar and spice and everything Nice!

LOL, Blessings!

crookston MN
            United States
            Member #23229
            October 9, 2005
            297 Posts
            Posted: April 2, 2006, 5:03 am - IP Logged

very well said Clair!!

United States
              Member #10720
              January 23, 2005
              933 Posts
              Posted: April 2, 2006, 7:53 am - IP Logged

What in Tar Nation does that have to do with:

The price of tea in China?

Lottery algorithms? (or is your algorithm based on the position of Andromeda Galaxy?)

Eliminating computerized drawings? (Which I agree with)

Guitar playing?

and where in the Bible does it say "The earth was created on the date of..."? Some guy on the radio a while back tried to use that to calculate the end of the world to occur - 12 years ago!

(but such debate is outside the scope of Lottery Post)

NOTE: you spelled "inundated" wrong. 

luckieStarr's avatar - darven
                philadelphia,PA
                United States
                Member #27080
                November 26, 2005
                507 Posts
                Posted: April 2, 2006, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

I want to know what people think of their existence here on a floating rock, hurdling through space, at a thousand miles per hour.

The reality is that we are living on a rock. A round one. I'm not trying to be cute, really!

I could spend a week preparing a nice little coverage of perceptions alone. Not to mention what I'm about to unveil.

We are basically made up of stardust. Every facet of our being, whether it's physical or mental derived from the planet earth.

The planet earth was a creation from the sun. The sun is a product of the basic elements of the universe. Visa Vee....The table of elements.

Humans have been created by the universe, in order that the universe can look back on itself. It has devised a way, over eons, to form the right atoms in such a way, as to create a life source, that actually wakes up, so to speak, from the inanimate, to the animated. What a feat I must say. To create a spark out of nothing but amino acids.

This juncture is difficult because of the different belief ideals that are abound.

I look at it this way. Until I get some real life divine intervention with real angels and demons fighting for a seat, I'll just have to use my noodle that has been knitted for me. This is all we have, to understand our reality. Think about it, how many times have you tested God's patience with challenges, and he always won. Is that a sin? I don't think so.

How come there are no divine interventions anymore? Back in the bible days, every other decade there was something supernatural going on.

Religous people view the world as a planet that is only about 10 thousand years old. I can prove this is not so. Not to mention the fact about carbon dating. But there is a more practical way to explain that the earth is billions of years old.

Here's the explanation.

The Andromeda Galaxy is like two million light years away. It took the light at 186,00 miles per second, two million years to reach your eye. Therefore if the planet earth is only about 10,000 years or so old, how is it that we can see stars and galaxies that are so way out, that it takes millions of years for the light to travel?, It only proves that the system has been around for a very very long time.

Andromeda Galaxy

Andromeda Galaxy
                GalaxyList of galaxies

The Andromeda Galaxy,
                with

Observation data
                (Epoch J2000.0)
                TypeSA(s)ab
                Right ascension00h 42.8m
                Declination+41° 16′
                Distance2.52 million ly
                Redshift ?
                ConstellationAndromeda
                Physical characteristics
                Radius110,000 ly
                Notable featuresNone

The Andromeda Galaxy (also known as M31 or NGC 224; older texts often call it the Andromeda Nebula) is a giant spiral galaxy in the Local Group, together with the Milky Way galaxy. It is at a distance of approximately 2.5 million light years or 770 kpc, in the direction of the constellation Andromeda.

According to the bible, not only was the earth created in 7 days, but the universe itself. If it was created about 10 or 20 thousand years ago, why does it take so long for the light to travel here. If the universe is only about 10 thousand years old, the light should take a matter of days to get here, maybe even weeks or months, not eons. The stars and planets and galaxies would be much closer to us. We would be inendated with brightness year round. If you do your homework, you'll realize that the moon was 10 times closer, at the very beginning of the formation of planet earth. Throughout time, the moon has slowly veered away, even to this day. This is measured as about  one and a half inches a day.

I look around and see a life that is constantly challenging me. No response. I call out to the creator of the universe, in helping me understand. I get no reply. We were created by aliens who are in cahoots with the devil. He impregnated an ape. We are just here because of an experiment.

Nevertheless, It's important to remember that when you look up at the starry night, you'll see yourself. You are the universe looking back on itself.

Pacattack:

If you could point that limo skywards, I betStar you could get back home.

Star

StarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStar

StarStar

Star

StarStarStar

Star

Star

Star

Star

Leaving  Keep It In until It Wins!

Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg
                  Washington State
                  United States
                  Member #33973
                  February 26, 2006
                  347 Posts
                  Posted: April 2, 2006, 8:34 pm - IP Logged
                  There are many parables in the Bible.  I see the story of creation like another parable.  There are obviously people who accept the creation story literally, but many do not.  Besides, as I understand it, the word we see translated as "day" could also have been translated as "period of time."  In that case, each "period of time" could have been billions of years.

And who says there are no longer miracles?  What about the cases we read about of "spontaneous remission" from cancer or other diseases?  The doctors can't explain them.  Statistically these don't happen often.  But we have no reason to believe that "miracles," (whatever they were) happened often in Old or New Testament times, either.

People killed each other in World War I and II.  They are killing each other all over the world today.  And they were killing each other by the thousands in biblical times, too.  So that is nothing new.   

Who is to say you haven't seen an angel?  Just because the artists started putting wings on angels to differentiate them from humans in their paintings, is no reason to believe that angels really have wings.  It is my belief that angels look strangely like . . . other human beings.

Amazing Grace's avatar - lion
                    rainbow lake
                    Canada
                    Member #25177
                    November 2, 2005
                    10764 Posts
                    Posted: April 3, 2006, 1:22 am - IP Logged

What will eventuall happen is the universe will collapse on itself, back to point zero, the beginning, Then it will start all over again, you will one once again relive the very life you are living now!

So go and do something good.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8364 Posts
                      Posted: April 3, 2006, 2:33 am - IP Logged
                      theologians have their views
                      scientists have their views
                      scholars have their views
                      Christians have their views
                      astronomers have their views
                      All pretty much agree that the earth will be consumed by fire, our sun will super nova in about 5 billion years.
                      The bigger problem is a near earth supernova of one of our closest stars the radiation bubble could cause problems here on earth. But it's all speculation at this point.
                      I wouldn't worry to much about much it, best to deal with our lives short term life span
                        BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
                        United States
                        Member #19651
                        August 3, 2005
                        621 Posts
                        Posted: April 3, 2006, 2:51 am - IP Logged

what numbers would JC play

Tennessee
                          United States
                          Member #7853
                          October 15, 2004
                          11338 Posts
                          Posted: April 3, 2006, 6:48 am - IP Logged

satan would play 666.....

Tennessee
                            United States
                            Member #7853
                            October 15, 2004
                            11338 Posts
                            Posted: April 3, 2006, 6:49 am - IP Logged

Here's the explanation.

Andromeda Galaxy

Andromeda Galaxy
                            GalaxyList of galaxies

The Andromeda Galaxy,
                            with

Observation data
                            (Epoch J2000.0)
                            TypeSA(s)ab
                            Right ascension00h 42.8m
                            Declination+41° 16′
                            Distance2.52 million ly
                            Redshift ?
                            ConstellationAndromeda
                            Physical characteristics
                            Radius110,000 ly
                            Notable featuresNone

Pacattack:

If you could point that limo skywards, I betStar you could get back home.

Star

StarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStarStar

StarStar

Star

StarStarStar

Star

Star

Star

Star

steer clear of scattered debris due to space matter.....

luckieStarr's avatar - darven
                              philadelphia,PA
                              United States
                              Member #27080
                              November 26, 2005
                              507 Posts
                              Posted: April 3, 2006, 9:24 am - IP Logged

what numbers would JC play

JC would play his name: 

291 and

1290 in the four digit 

(that's whats in the dream books for him)

i guess he would hit to high heaven

Leaving  Keep It In until It Wins!