Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Web Site-Problems?

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 11 years ago by dvdiva.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: April 6, 2006, 12:45 am - IP Logged

What's wrong? I assumed it was down for maintenance or updating, but Saturday night and early Sunday I couldn't get onto the Florida site at all and at about 1am Lottery Post had the results before they were even posted on the official site for the Florida lottery! (and they were correct, by the way) Now it's about 12:35 and I can't get the results of Wed drawing. I used to be able to get the numbers before midnight. I want to know if I can turn off the alarm before I go to bed! Smiley 

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8360 Posts
    Posted: April 6, 2006, 12:50 am - IP Logged
    Game
    Draw Date
    Results
    Cash 3
    Wed, 4/5/2006
    1-0-1
    Fantasy 5
    Wed, 4/5/2006
    02-08-13-17-19
    Play 4
    Wed, 4/5/2006
    6-2-9-1
      duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
      Jacksonville Florida
      United States
      Member #23018
      October 6, 2005
      915 Posts
      Posted: April 6, 2006, 12:54 am - IP Logged

That site has been having problems for the past several days. Sometimes it is accessible and sometimes it is not. Some pages (such as Media Press release pages) were displaying blank pages (a database/server problem).

Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: April 6, 2006, 1:03 am - IP Logged

Thanks for your help, four4me, but I'm waiting for the Wed Lotto results. I have insomnia anyway, but for years I've been getting online about 1am every Thur & Sun with fingers and toes crossed. I know it's silly, but I hold my breath, close my eyes for a second and then I shrug and say "Maybe next time!" 

Duckman, I also got blank pages when I tried to read the press releases.  This happened a lot when they changed the site last time. It's annoying when the numbers aren't available immediately, but I suppose most people aren't as neurotic!

I want to add that I still can't load the site, but LP again has the results. In fact, I just got on the home page for flalottery.com and it says "AVAILABLE SOON"  Maybe it should say "Go to LotteryPost.com" for quick results.

United States
          Member #26330
          November 16, 2005
          330 Posts
          Posted: April 6, 2006, 2:19 am - IP Logged

I've noticed this also.  But it seems like it has been going on for longer than a few days.  At least a week or longer the site is hit or miss as far as access, also I'm pretty much an insomniac so I've stayed up on the computer most of the night for last Sat draw because I had tickets and wanted to check the numbers but they didn't update their site until 4 or 4:30 am.  And when they updated some of the info was wrong(corrected later tho).  May be their computer support staff is lax or problem with their server who knows.  My advice go on to sleep and check in the morning.  Or if your like me drink another Red Bull or Mt. Dew and wait a couple hours more for them to update.    Good Night. Bed  Or if your like me then Coffee enjoy your coffee.

Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: April 6, 2006, 2:35 am - IP Logged

I've noticed this also.  But it seems like it has been going on for longer than a few days.  At least a week or longer the site is hit or miss as far as access, also I'm pretty much an insomniac so I've stayed up on the computer most of the night for last Sat draw because I had tickets and wanted to check the numbers but they didn't update their site until 4 or 4:30 am.  And when they updated some of the info was wrong(corrected later tho).  May be their computer support staff is lax or problem with their server who knows.  My advice go on to sleep and check in the morning.  Or if your like me drink another Red Bull or Mt. Dew and wait a couple hours more for them to update.    Good Night. Bed  Or if your like me then Coffee enjoy your coffee.

I'd never go to bed if I didn't feel so spaced out the next day. I've been like this all my life, living on 2 or 3 hours of sleep (if I'm lucky) It always affected me, but it got really bad after 50. Red Bull? I'd rather take a 10mg valium if I knew where to get some! I'm already too hyper. LOL Anyway, it definitely is a rollover. Nobody hit it on Wed so it will probably jump to $40 million. The FL site is messed up and shows the drawing as Tues April 4. But if you go into the search feature and type in April 5, 2006 you can get the results and it shows "winners 0" I would have been happy if I got 5/6 since it paid $7,367. Good night! (or should I say good morning?)

United States
              Member #26330
              November 16, 2005
              330 Posts
              Posted: April 6, 2006, 3:11 am - IP Logged

I hear you just. That's why I drink caffeine it makes me not so spaced out feeling the next day, just kind of jittery.  I  made the mistake of getting to be a night owl durring my college years and I've gone from a few good hours to 1-2 if I'm really lucky.  Your right Valiums work wonders but Dr's these days wont prescribe anything like Valium or Xanax(which always work for me) they keep pushing the new sleep aids. I've tried just about everyone of them over the last few years but none work. By the way Don't take Ambien(I've made phone calls to girlfriends and eaten entire meals that I don't remember). Bad Stuff. But kind of nervous about asking my Dr for something like Valiums because he doesn't usually prescribe that for sleep disorder.  Red Bulls are pretty strong if your too hyper avoid them, I chug two in the morning mixed with moutain dew on the way to work like getting a second wind for me. I'm alright pretty much all day drinking office coffee and only get really tired and zoned around 4-5pm getting off work.  I hope FL Lotto rolled my friend is in Jacksonville right now I can call him to get me a couple of tickets on the way back.  I think I could live with $40 million  LOL .    Have to suffer through having only 1 ferrari.  Smiley  Well nice talking to you have a good night/morning yourself.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                Tx
                United States
                Member #4570
                May 4, 2004
                5180 Posts
                Posted: April 6, 2006, 3:14 am - IP Logged

As rotten as the Texas lottery might be, they don't have that kind of problems.

Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: April 6, 2006, 3:47 am - IP Logged

Peter, Florida sells advance plays. Yes, it did roll over to $42 million. Goodnight! I think I can catch a few winks before the alarm goes off at 7.  Site is still not right, but it doesn't show Sat will be $42M.

Oh, I'd never get a Ferrari.  In 92/93 I dated a guy with a Testarossa and I didn't like all the staring. However, if you ever go to a parking lot that's full, the valet will always be willing to take your keys to find you a spot!

United States
                    Member #26330
                    November 16, 2005
                    330 Posts
                    Posted: April 6, 2006, 4:13 am - IP Logged

Yeah I usually don't have alot of money to play alot of advanced plays, but if the florida lotto jackpot keeps rolling I might buy my tickets that way.  On the other hand I have friends that are in sales and travel to florida at least 1-2 times a month so I'm covered.  And I go down to FL to visit friends a couple of times a year, if the FL jackpot get to 100+ I might make a special trip. LOL  Didn't like the Ferrari? I'd at least like to test drive one once :) If I went now they would look at my credit report and current salary and laugh me out of the building.  I would have to own another car because I couldn't go out and park a Ferrari somewhere like the Grocery or Movie Theater I'd be nervous about it the whole time.  I guess I could hire some body builder to stand gaurd while I go places. HAHA  I might just stick with a nice 60's muscle car, a 69 chevelle, or 69 camaro.  Oh well. I'm probably dreaming to much again of what to do with my lotto winnings. CaBig Grin Santamaro

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                      Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: April 6, 2006, 6:31 am - IP Logged

Yeah I usually don't have alot of money to play alot of advanced plays, but if the florida lotto jackpot keeps rolling I might buy my tickets that way.  On the other hand I have friends that are in sales and travel to florida at least 1-2 times a month so I'm covered.  And I go down to FL to visit friends a couple of times a year, if the FL jackpot get to 100+ I might make a special trip. LOL  Didn't like the Ferrari? I'd at least like to test drive one once :) If I went now they would look at my credit report and current salary and laugh me out of the building.  I would have to own another car because I couldn't go out and park a Ferrari somewhere like the Grocery or Movie Theater I'd be nervous about it the whole time.  I guess I could hire some body builder to stand gaurd while I go places. HAHA  I might just stick with a nice 60's muscle car, a 69 chevelle, or 69 camaro.  Oh well. I'm probably dreaming to much again of what to do with my lotto winnings. CaBig Grin Santamaro

i just got rid of an '86 camaro iroc-z.it was black and gold with leopard skin seats and gold rims.i got 3 or 4 requests a day of people wanting to buy it.i hated getting rid of it.i always had offers but refused.i just had kids and a guy in the factory next door to where i work offered to go to the credit union and buy it off of me and i knew with two babies i needed a van so i reluctantly got rid of it.......

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                        Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23260 Posts
                        Posted: April 6, 2006, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

Is anyone able to access the Florida Lottery web site??

I have been trying all day, and the page never loads.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
                          Jacksonville Florida
                          United States
                          Member #23018
                          October 6, 2005
                          915 Posts
                          Posted: April 6, 2006, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

The site has been down most of today (Thursday).

Having been in the web business for many years, there is no excuse for the ongoing problems with the FL Lottery website especially considering the money budgeted for this. I can understand an ocassional outage or server problems, but this has been going on for days (and intermittently for weeks). Even if they are having major server problems, a professional website administrator will make sure to have an update page display with information about what the problem is and when service will be restored.

A backup plan should always be available if major problems occur. A sound backup plan should be operational with hours, not days. They obviously need help in this department...

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                            Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23260 Posts
                            Posted: April 6, 2006, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

I totally agree, it is pathetic.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
                              Member #17555
                              June 22, 2005
                              5582 Posts
                              Posted: April 6, 2006, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

I don't even get to the point where I get a message. My firewall seemingly, is blocking anything that's not even threatening.

I can't log in their site either. Too much sun in them parts...Florida I means....