Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Web Site-Problems?

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 11 years ago by dvdiva.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
inittowin's avatar - 039ee315cfea4c12c8f5
If you don't like it, spit it out!
United States
Member #4756
May 23, 2004
3433 Posts
Posted: April 6, 2006, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

IMO, it coincides with the way they are running the rest of the lottery in Florida! The problem is that the "sheoples" keep lining up for more tickets to buy and throw a blind eye to the terrible service that is given.

Maybe if we set up more lottery terminals in hair salons and truck weigh stations, we can sell more tickets. That will allow the FL lottery to possibly have enough money to operate a web site correctly.

CSenior's avatar - 2016 03_10_19_01_18.png
    Florida
    United States
    Member #30348
    January 15, 2006
    2009 Posts
    Posted: April 6, 2006, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

The servers which are located in Lakeland are down. They are probably using a third party for servers...

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
      Jacksonville Florida
      United States
      Member #23018
      October 6, 2005
      918 Posts
      Posted: April 6, 2006, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

The servers which are located in Lakeland are down. They are probably using a third party for servers...

This demonstrates that they don't have an adequate backup plan for one server site being down. At the very least they should have a backup server in a different location for exactly this scenerio which would display relevant information or even a mirror of the current site with all information up-to-date.

United States
        Member #26330
        November 16, 2005
        330 Posts
        Posted: April 6, 2006, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

Sweet LOTTOMIKE. I love camaro's, I'm kind of a gearhead,  nice hobby and relaxing after spending the day staring at a computer screen.  I've always wanted a muscle car, preferably a late 60's muscle car.  After I win the FL lotto jackpot this coming Sat I intend to volunteer my services for free to the Florida Lotto to be there Web Site administrator.  I'm up basicly all night anyways. Will be a nice hobby while spending my days at my beach house. Whew barely got through that with a straight face.  LOL Sun Smiley

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
          Jacksonville Florida
          United States
          Member #23018
          October 6, 2005
          918 Posts
          Posted: April 7, 2006, 12:35 am - IP Logged

As of 12:30am (Friday 4-7-06) the site seems to be back up and working. Hope it continues...

:)

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: April 7, 2006, 4:04 am - IP Logged

"I would have to own another car because I couldn't go out and park a Ferrari somewhere like the Grocery or Movie Theater I'd be nervous about it the whole time."

Yup, Peter! One reason I'd just buy something like a Camry or a Honda CR-V.   I saw the coolest Honda roadster today. I think it said S2000 on the side.

Well it's up now. I just read this:

The Florida Lottery announced today MEGA MONEY™ winner Vasil Scarimontios, 85, of Palm Bay, claimed the March 28 estimated $500,000 MEGA MONEY jackpot.

Scarimontios chose the one-time lump sum payment option for his winnings in the amount of $326,579.

It goes onto say he's going to buy a new car and a new truck and travel. Good for him!! 

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
              Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: April 15, 2006, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

Rather than create a new topic, I searched for this one. Didn't realize it was started over a week ago and yet it's already April 15th at 11:23 and nothing has changed. The FL site is down again..and on a Saturday night when the jackpot is $64M. Ridiculous!!

Well, I'll just continue to dance around my candles chanting my numbers for a little while longer.

inittowin's avatar - 039ee315cfea4c12c8f5
                If you don't like it, spit it out!
                United States
                Member #4756
                May 23, 2004
                3433 Posts
                Posted: April 15, 2006, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

Rather than create a new topic, I searched for this one. Didn't realize it was started over a week ago and yet it's already April 15th at 11:23 and nothing has changed. The FL site is down again..and on a Saturday night when the jackpot is $64M. Ridiculous!!

Well, I'll just continue to dance around my candles chanting my numbers for a little while longer.

And not only is the web site down, but they couldn't show the live drawing for 64 million dollars because of "technical difficulties"!

Dupe Alert

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                  Member #2338
                  September 17, 2003
                  2063 Posts
                  Posted: April 16, 2006, 12:54 am - IP Logged

Judging from netcraft they must have a poorly configured proxy server. They changed to it on the 3rd of this month and that's when the complaints showed up.