Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 1:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you won lotto where would you move to.

Topic closed. 51 replies. Last post 11 years ago by psykomo.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Where would you move to?

I would not move. [ 17 ]  [23.61%]
Somewhere else in state. [ 18 ]  [25.00%]
I would move out of state. [ 23 ]  [31.94%]
I would move out of country. [ 7 ]  [9.72%]
Other. [ 7 ]  [9.72%]
Total Valid Votes [ 72 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  
TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
A long and winding road
United States
Member #17084
June 10, 2005
4580 Posts
Posted: April 12, 2006, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

There would be two places. My summer home and my winter home. Each secluded. Probably the island of jamaica, as I love the mountains there and it nots far to the beach either. My winter home would be in california or arizona. The sunsets and easy life style are both of interest when it comes to living life fully and peacefully. Granted the first few years would be filled with overseas travel since most of my endearing friends live afar and we deserve to rekindle friendships! (This is with at least 50mill or more in my pocket to manage such a dream)

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
    Member #2338
    September 17, 2003
    2063 Posts
    Posted: April 13, 2006, 2:33 am - IP Logged

Right now I'm living in a 360 sq. ft. apartment so something bigger would be nice.  When you have a place this small almost anything is bigger.

USA
      United States
      Member #1849
      July 15, 2003
      265 Posts
      Posted: April 13, 2006, 6:00 am - IP Logged

I think if I won I would buy you something dvdiva, 360 sq ft is very small. :-)

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
        Member #2338
        September 17, 2003
        2063 Posts
        Posted: April 13, 2006, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

Well I measured it out to 362 sq ft. to be exact but that extra roomy 2 sq ft doesn't add that much. Right now it resembles King Tut's tomb but the stuff in it isn't nearly as valuable.

Blackie's avatar - Norfolk 20Sunrise%20Nov%2016.jpg
          Norfolk , Va
          United States
          Member #4541
          May 2, 2004
          25177 Posts
          Posted: April 14, 2006, 12:27 am - IP Logged

Lets see,  Maybe Switzerland . Great Britain. Netherlands.  Cannes , France.  Ibiza, Spain.  Palma, Spain.

Thialand (Puket).  Singapore. Brazil . Costa Rica. Argentina. Russia. Ukraine to name a few possibilities of places to move to.

May just stay where I am. Been to these places and they are some of my favorite places and I always thought how nice it would be to live here for a while when I was there. 

Good Luck,

Blackie.                           

atlanta
            United States
            Member #33559
            February 22, 2006
            65 Posts
            Posted: April 14, 2006, 1:26 am - IP Logged

I choose another state,but after thinking about it would just move to another area. I'm use to that Atlanta vibe don't really feel like moving and having to get use to another city or state, having to adjust just to see I liked mine older city better. I would travel ofcouse but home base would be Atlanta. if to many people knew about me lottery win i would  move to do some place on the coast until things cool down back home.

All my tickets are winners, atleast until the draw proves me wrong. 

Baton Rouge, LA
              United States
              Member #4602
              May 7, 2004
              700 Posts
              Posted: April 14, 2006, 11:04 am - IP Logged

My first choice would be to stay where I'm at.  Not only in the same town, but in the same house and just remodel a bit. I've received no mail at my residence since we moved here 18 years ago (we get our mail at the post office) and since I've had an unpublished phone number for years, I don't think too many strangers would find me.  But if they did and I found it too annoying, I'd move within state.

With that kind of money to invest, I'd want to stay in a state with no state income tax.  We have a very hefty sales tax, but it wouldn't affect me much, as most of my winnings would go to charities or be given as gifts.

Good points. I live in a state with state income tax and I'd probably move to a state without one, like Nevada. With the situation you've described, no mail at home, unlisted number, etc., make it hard for most people to find you, but the more determined still would through things like utility records, property ownership records through the assessor's office, etc. It would take a really determined person to find you through those means though, but it is still possible.

That's another reason I'd move.

PrisonerSix

Baton Rouge, LA
                United States
                Member #4602
                May 7, 2004
                700 Posts
                Posted: April 14, 2006, 11:07 am - IP Logged

I would move somewhere around Austin or the Hill Country. Now I have thought about New Zealand as well. We visited there about ten years ago and I feel in love with the place. I wonder what the tax ramifications are for moving to another country?

Some countries have worse taxes than the U.S. does, especially if they have alot of social programs to pay for. You may end up spending more on taxes than you would in the U.S.

PrisonerSix

joyjoy8's avatar - friends
                  Houston Texas
                  United States
                  Member #371
                  November 30, 2000
                  587 Posts
                  Posted: April 17, 2006, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

I would move to Beautiful Monterey California, It would take more than a mere 4 million to live there for any period of time. I would buy a beach front house about 2000 sq feet. Just big enough for me the old man and 1 grandchild, and of course a dog or two, a cat and some fish a couple of love birds and lots of wind chimes to catch the breeze.

To live there and not have to worry about bills would be heaven on earth to me....................................................Joy

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                    Member #14
                    November 9, 2001
                    31545 Posts
                    Posted: April 17, 2006, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

anywhere where the temps don't go above 68

love to nibble those micey feet.

pigsNtrees's avatar - pigsNtrees
                      Mallorn trees of Lothlorien
                      United States
                      Member #26084
                      November 14, 2005
                      199 Posts
                      Posted: April 17, 2006, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

No kidding we broke a record from 1920 with 91° , and poor Dallas at 100° .

Quando Porca Volare!

drunk hobbit

Texas
                        United States
                        Member #37125
                        April 10, 2006
                        19 Posts
                        Posted: April 17, 2006, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, if we didnt hit 100 in austin today it was pretty close. 98 or 99 is the prediction for tomorrow

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
                          Member #24380
                          October 21, 2005
                          623 Posts
                          Posted: April 17, 2006, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

Unless you like hot weather, you will definitely not move to Texas, huh?

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
                            Member #24380
                            October 21, 2005
                            623 Posts
                            Posted: April 17, 2006, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

Unless you like hot weather, you will definitely not move to Texas, huh?  But, really, why move.  The rich that you know, have they moved?  How do they handle their riches?

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              5145 Posts
                              Posted: April 18, 2006, 12:52 am - IP Logged

Unless you like hot weather, you will definitely not move to Texas, huh?  But, really, why move.  The rich that you know, have they moved?  How do they handle their riches?

Thankssssssssssssssss......mylollipop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The girl's called  psykomo...."lollipop", when I was (^^^6^^^) in

school................(bad girl's)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but,...............I think we need to market our islands.....in

your, state.........just an idea.........BREEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

will  WASH..........cares AWAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL>>>>>>>......................JACKPOT!!

PSYKOMO