Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

is powerball really worth it?

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 11 years ago by wealth7.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Morrison, IL
United States
Member #4657
May 13, 2004
1884 Posts
Posted: April 13, 2006, 2:20 am - IP Logged

Yep, someone has to win the jackpot regardless of how high the odds are.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: April 13, 2006, 2:24 am - IP Logged

i see nothing wrong with spending a dollar on a quick pick.its worth the chance.but spending 50 or 100 dollars on quick picks is just asinine to me......

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8362 Posts
      Posted: April 13, 2006, 2:38 am - IP Logged

Yep, someone has to win the jackpot regardless of how high the odds are.

thats the way i look at it no matter what someone's gonna win sooner or later. I'll settle for whatever part of a jackpot win i could get. I wheel a set of numbers and get one qpick. if they draw my numbers i'll be tickled pink. Several times i've come close to winning mega and powerball. If it's in the cards for me to win i'm all for it. i'm not happy about the changes they made to either game. in all honesty i think they should spread the millions around (make it easier to win a smaller amount) i'd rather see twenty people win ten million a piece then 1 person win 200 million.

Morrison, IL
        United States
        Member #4657
        May 13, 2004
        1884 Posts
        Posted: April 13, 2006, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

If they lowered the number of combinations though, they'd have to have a pathetically low starting jackpot. A $6.9 million guaranteed cash jackpot with odds of, say, 18 million to one, would put many lotteries in the red, and you can't win a bankrupt lottery.

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: April 13, 2006, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

MM and PB are each far better than NY Rotto. MM and PB would not be what they are without odds well over 100 million:1.

Indiana
            United States
            Member #29196
            December 29, 2005
            280 Posts
            Posted: April 13, 2006, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

Mike...you're toooooooooo funny!

It could happen... 

You could be abducted by Space Aliens in the washroom of a Denny's Resturaunt...

You could be eaten by a shark while walking down the street in Topeka Kansas...

Jennifer Aniston could could show up at my house and beg me to marry her...

LottoMike could replace Mick Jagger in the Stones and then ask me to replace Keith Richards... 

Cash Only could win the New York Lottery and take the annuity...

Hey...IT COULD HAPPEN!

Jim 

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

Morrison, IL
              United States
              Member #4657
              May 13, 2004
              1884 Posts
              Posted: April 13, 2006, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

I think most LP members actually have a better chance of winning Powerball or Mega Millions than having Jennifer Aniston ask him to marry her lol.

tn
                United States
                Member #36146
                March 28, 2006
                18 Posts
                Posted: April 14, 2006, 9:45 am - IP Logged

lotto 5 is our best chance gasmeterguy.i feel like i have a real good shot with it.on pick 5 games this year on the prediction board i have 4 out of 5 right at least 50 times.chances are i'm going to hit 5 out of 5 in the next couple years on the board here.i'd like to hit 5 out of 5 on the lotto 5.i'd be happy with 200 or 300 thousand dollars......

Good morning Lottomike,

I am from TN and new to the board you mention you get 4 out of 5 numbers right from the board how do you do that?

I noticed Nashville lottery players have been pretty lucky with lotto 5 lately, I think 5 people have won from there. I heard this am someone from Knoxville won $200,000 when will my lucky day come?

I read somewhere you always play the same numbers, How do you know what numbers are good? which site are you going to for this information?  Thanks in advance-- sorry for so many questions, but I would love to win

W