Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Another hair-brained scheme

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
The Carolinas - Charlotte
United States
Member #21627
September 12, 2005
4138 Posts
Posted: April 15, 2006, 7:55 am - IP Logged

"The world if full of chock full of people who know everything.  But there are still a few who don't, who know they don't, and who have the spirit to believe they can learn despite all the folks who learned the last thing they're ever going to sometime about the age 25, no matter how long ago that was."

Wait a minute...I resemble this remark! :)

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
    The Carolinas - Charlotte
    United States
    Member #21627
    September 12, 2005
    4138 Posts
    Posted: April 15, 2006, 7:56 am - IP Logged

besides a lot of people who heard something from someone else shooting it back and forth at one another as though they thought of it themselves, even though it wasn't true the first time anyone ever said it.

Actually I think it was this comment that is more like me! :)

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: April 15, 2006, 8:14 am - IP Logged

Morning Lottomike:

You shore hit a lot of pick 5s, 3 out of 5, last night. Whew!

I've been keeping an eye on you, young man, wondering what kind of sneakiness you're doing trying to corral those numbers.

As for the top 10 list, it mainly seems to me to tell us how little we know.  I generally stay in the top 10 on the highest lifetime hit percentages/ pick ratio, ever on Lottery Post.  At the moment I be the top guy, at... 2 and some change.  Next down is somewhere around 1.8 or so.

Ain't that awful?  All these hotshots around here telling one another how to win lotteries, all these newcomers  coming in taking advice from them as though they knew of what they speak.

And the best long-term anyone's ever done long term is a hair over 2 percent of their tries.

Up on the prize / tries ratio it moves around a lot more..... but there's never been anyone up there long who calls wins and keeps calling them frequently enough to stay on the plus side of the calculation.

A person could conclude from that that all the folks posting here on the systems thread, and down in the mathmatics and mystical threads don't have it whipped yet.

But a lot of them find it more convenient to not post predictions and not find their abysmal success rate making negative pronouncements about their certainties.  Or do the predicting over on the threads where they ain't held accountable and can keep telling the gullible what geniuses they are.

Rick G.'s an exception, I think, to how stupid the rest of us are at the moment.  He's going along there steadily climbing, not telling anyone what can't or can be done, just plugging along gradually making it to the top of both lists, making consistent progress.  Winsomelosesome, Jap and Lottovantage are beating the odds somewhat consistently, too.

But I'd guess, all in all, the people who know everything already make a wide berth around the top 10 list.  They know already they aren't on it, and they don't like to be reminded of the fact the people who are the best there's ever been ain't very good.  But still a lot better than them.

It's going to take a lot more work by stupid people who don't know everything already to make those hit ratios rise over time.  When that happens you'll begin to see the people at the top of the prize ratio list who also were people who don't know anything, staying there.

But nobody who does know everything already will notice.  They'll just keep focusing on the threads explaining Gail Howard methods and New Testament whatchallits to one another and developing software that doesn't win lotteries.  And going to the bank.

Thanks for the reply, amigo.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser