Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What VALIDATE TICKET means?

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Stack47.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
Member #5344
June 30, 2004
23641 Posts
Posted: May 4, 2006, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

We have had people bring in tickets (scratch offs) they had validated at other stores.. and our terminals will say previously paid by other.

We have had people bring in tickets they bought from other stores and they not be activated.. I have had to call other stores to tell them to activate the roll so I could pay out on the ticket.

If you have a ticket ran and the store does not have the money.. then you need to see the owner right away.. Dont leave the store..

There has been times, I had to wake my boss to bring money to the store because of lack of funds.. Not that many times since I am able to borrow from the other register that contains only merchandise purchases..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
    Member #5344
    June 30, 2004
    23641 Posts
    Posted: May 4, 2006, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

On another note:

I have seen people bring in tickets.. stacks of them them that were already paid and expect me to pay them. I am not sure where they got them.. probably from another store (where they work or something).

One lady would not let me throw them away after I told her they were all previously paid by another..

She was going to keep them for her tax records..

(WHAT? Why would you keep a bunch of tickets you were not paid for.. as proof of winnings, you didn't get.. ) She had later said she found them in a parking lot.. which of course is a bunch of bull too...

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

onenumber's avatar - swordgirl
      Chicago, IL
      United States
      Member #8354
      November 2, 2004
      1580 Posts
      Posted: May 4, 2006, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

In Illinois, winnings less than $600 can be paid at any lottery retailer, providing they have the cash on hand.  I never cash a ticket until I ask if they have enough money to pay me.

Winning tickets for over $600 can be redeemed at either your local lottery retailer or at a lottery distribution center.  If you redeem the ticket at a lottery retailer, they will scan the ticket and provide you with a claim form, however,  it will take several weeks for you to receive your money.

For prizes over the $600 limit I generally go to the distribution center, you get a check on the spot.

derek7's avatar - speedykat
        IL
        United States
        Member #34578
        March 4, 2006
        198 Posts
        Posted: May 5, 2006, 12:47 am - IP Logged

I appreciate all your advices...!
        Great info provided!

Thanks! 

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7322 Posts
          Posted: May 5, 2006, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

"These are the rules on the Ohio Lottery website. If you win up to $599, you can collect from any lottery retailer."

Providing the retailer has enough cash on hand. You can buy the ticket anywhere but make sure the store can cash and pay a winning ticket before the clerk validates it.

The Ohio Lottery has a back-up feature that has created problems with cashing tickets. If you get a $1.00 back-up and hit straight on a 3-way number like 112, you'll have to fill out a form, go to a bank, and declare the winnings on your income tax because the ticket value is over $599.

If you play and hit a $1.00 back-up on the pick-4 and it hits straight, plan on waiting at least 6 weeks before getting your winnings because the ticket value is over $5000. By getting two separate tickets, one straight, one boxed, you can get your winnings within an hour.

So as a rule of thumb, get separate tickets when playing any combination multiple times and when cashing tickets, go to high volume lottery retailers like grocery stores.

Stack