Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 11:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

online lottery poll

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

do you think the government will make online gaming illegal

yes i think the government will ban online gaming [ 23 ]  [62.16%]
no i don't think it will be banned [ 10 ]  [27.03%]
not sure [ 4 ]  [10.81%]
Total Valid Votes [ 37 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: May 12, 2006, 12:31 am - IP Logged

do you think online gaming and online lotteries will be banned by the government?

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
    Charlotte NC
    United States
    Member #17406
    June 18, 2005
    4054 Posts
    Posted: May 12, 2006, 12:39 am - IP Logged

Yes NodBefore you did this poll maybe you should have researched past topics on this.  We've been there and done this.  If you have newbies in mind,  pull up the previous topics on this and let them read it.

And read it yourself.

takeemtothebank

Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: May 12, 2006, 12:44 am - IP Logged

thats good advice i just might do that.in fact i'll do a search on it.the reason i did this was because a member said tonight at 1am on msnbc that they were doing a segment on the government banning online gambling.thought i'd do a poll see what everyone thinks.i'll scrap the poll if its against todds wishes.but if he is alright with it i would like to see the results.i think this is a good poll.sort of like the immigration poll i did.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
        Member #14
        November 9, 2001
        31537 Posts
        Posted: May 12, 2006, 12:49 am - IP Logged

i voted no

love to nibble those micey feet.

Charlotte NC
          United States
          Member #17406
          June 18, 2005
          4054 Posts
          Posted: May 12, 2006, 1:01 am - IP Logged

thats good advice i just might do that.in fact i'll do a search on it.the reason i did this was because a member said tonight at 1am on msnbc that they were doing a segment on the government banning online gambling.thought i'd do a poll see what everyone thinks.i'll scrap the poll if its against todds wishes.but if he is alright with it i would like to see the results.i think this is a good poll.sort of like the immigration poll i did.

This is the link Lottomike and other newbies.  How can you give a good opinion on something if you don't know the facts?

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/123337

takeemtothebank

Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: May 12, 2006, 1:04 am - IP Logged

thanks for the links.a lot going on for me so i sometimes forget.fixing to go read these.be back in a few......

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
              Member #14
              November 9, 2001
              31537 Posts
              Posted: May 12, 2006, 1:13 am - IP Logged

This is the link Lottomike and other newbies.  How can you give a good opinion on something if you don't know the facts?

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/123337

janet - i'll tell you how  google banning on-line betting- more info than i cared to read

Big Grin Angel

love to nibble those micey feet.

Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: May 12, 2006, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

most people are voting they think that it will be banned for good.i hope it doesn't though......

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                  Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: May 12, 2006, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

do you think online gaming and online lotteries will be banned by the government?

I don't understand the poll. It already is illegal!  Online lotteries are not legal.

As far as buying lottery tickets goes, that's not online gaming.  The services offered (like PTS) aren't wagering anything. As long as they don't run their own lottery, then it's just a service. If you pay somebody to go to the pharmacy because you can't drive or don't have time, that's not illegal. If someone has a bottle of valium and then sells it to you at a profit without being a registered pharmacy, then he is selling you drugs.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                    FEMA Region V Camp #21
                    United States
                    Member #520
                    July 27, 2002
                    5699 Posts
                    Posted: May 12, 2006, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

The government will ban farting if you let them. After all it's for the "common good". We don't want extra methane in the atmosphere, we can't tax it and it could get into the hands of terrorists.

Then it will be picking your nose, because that can be used to create mucilage that can then be used to secure suicide bombs to your chest.

Will this insanity ever stop? They are more worried about a lottery player's winnings than an oil company over-charging the American Public by billions of dollars..........let's give those guys an incentive and tax that lottery winner instead.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Charlotte NC
                      United States
                      Member #17406
                      June 18, 2005
                      4054 Posts
                      Posted: May 12, 2006, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

most people are voting they think that it will be banned for good.i hope it doesn't though......

Thud

It's already banned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

takeemtothebank

Wandering Aimlessly
                        United States
                        Member #25360
                        November 5, 2005
                        4461 Posts
                        Posted: May 12, 2006, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

The government will ban farting if you let them. After all it's for the "common good". We don't want extra methane in the atmosphere, we can't tax it and it could get into the hands of terrorists.

Then it will be picking your nose, because that can be used to create mucilage that can then be used to hold suicide bombs to your chest.

Not a bad idea, however. I think farting and especially nose picking should be done in the privacy of your own home. Unfortunately most people don't realize that cars are like fish bowls.

There's no privacy any more, anywhere. I just got a postcard from my old high school. (if indeed it is my old school) Okay, so I did go there sometime in a different life, long, long ago. I haven't even resided in that state for over 30 years. Things were so bad back then that I left home and decided to find life on another galaxy.  Now because of our wonderful world of "if she has a pulse we can find her" I'm getting all sorts of junk. (she writes as she again feeds Audrey Junior, her document shredder)

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                          FEMA Region V Camp #21
                          United States
                          Member #520
                          July 27, 2002
                          5699 Posts
                          Posted: May 12, 2006, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

Justxploring....funny about the "no-see bubble of your car"....they can't see me so I can pick.     Big Grin

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Wandering Aimlessly
                            United States
                            Member #25360
                            November 5, 2005
                            4461 Posts
                            Posted: May 12, 2006, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

Justxploring....funny about the "no-see bubble of your car"....they can't see me so I can pick.     Big Grin

Maybe a new marketing idea for window tinting companies?

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                              Member #5344
                              June 30, 2004
                              23641 Posts
                              Posted: May 13, 2006, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

Why would you want to ban it? people could have changed their opinions since the last poll post.

Apparently someone is trying to give you a hard time.. Use your powers.. block their posts.. it is a way of life..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44