Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

a question concerning computerized draws

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 11 years ago by dnroth.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

would you still play if your state went from balls to computer draws

yes i would still play [ 13 ]  [48.15%]
no i would quit [ 9 ]  [33.33%]
not sure [ 5 ]  [18.52%]
Total Valid Votes [ 27 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: June 3, 2006, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

if your state switched from ball drawings to computerized draws would you still play?

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: June 3, 2006, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

i might play online if my state switched but not at the store.that way they couldn't track my selections.be interesting to see if it would work.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
      Member #12618
      March 18, 2005
      2060 Posts
      Posted: June 3, 2006, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

A couple of my state games are computerized and I already play them, so I guess I would.

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: June 3, 2006, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

definately, i would play. This way they wouldn't have to "pretest" the machine over and over, if that's the case..Question though. Why everybody hates computerized drawing? what's the difference?

"Keno is "el diablo cazador the hombres".......it kills people and you can't even see it......          ....from movie "Predator".....

JAP69's avatar - alas
          South Carolina
          United States
          Member #6
          November 4, 2001
          8790 Posts
          Posted: June 3, 2006, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

I would still play.

With the seeable patterns that are shown here at lottery post Maybe I could kick butt in a computerized game.

MAGA

Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
            Mid-Missouri
            United States
            Member #644
            August 31, 2002
            4271 Posts
            Posted: June 3, 2006, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

definately, i would play. This way they wouldn't have to "pretest" the machine over and over, if that's the case..Question though. Why everybody hates computerized drawing? what's the difference?

"Keno is "el diablo cazador the hombres".......it kills people and you can't even see it......          ....from movie "Predator".....

Pumpi,

They continue to pretest all the time with computerized games too. To make sure the numbers generated still fall under their random guidelines. So, you would not be getting away from that anyway.

Most, but not all, ball drawn games tend to flow and even out more (a better balance) than computerized games. To this day, I'm still much better at picking ball drawn games than computerized and we have been computerized for over 2 years now. The perfect example of the computerized BS is what is happening in MO right now. Take a look...

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/135632

And if you haven't guessed it, the 3 picks since I posted that have all been doubles. Yeah, that is random...Crazy

Don't get me wrong, I am trying like crazy to exploit the crazy thing but I haven't figured it out yet.

Bryan  :)

Honduras
              Member #20982
              August 29, 2005
              4715 Posts
              Posted: June 4, 2006, 12:03 am - IP Logged

Bryan, sorry but i only analyze pick3 games that play "once" a day. When they play twice a day, i believe they are harder. Plus they are confusing to me when they play twice for some reason i can't think straight. What i wish they did, was if they could bring a machine that will resemble a squared or cylindrical candy gumball machine..
              Here is an example of a cylindrical gumball machine:http://www.antiquegumball.com/contemp/index.htm
              Presently the machine for pick3 in ga looks like a ball globe beaver gumball machine: http://www.beavervending.com/product-catalog/gumball-and-candy-machines/index.cfm?c=115&i=240
              Here is what a square gumball machine looks like: http://www.antiquegumball.com/religious/index.htm
              Having the sides squared/flat will give the balls less room to collide. I believe it will make previous numbers come up more often..
              Not only that, but the size of the balls determines how random a game is too. If the balls are bigger less time it will take them to collide, when juggling/bouncing. If the balls are smaller more time it will take them to collide when juggling/bouncing..I said computerized because i believe is better than ga's pick3 machine, but is not my primary choice..

What i can see on the pick4 example you gave me was that 1 or 2 numbers will repeat on the following draw (except for 2 times)(from evening to midday and from midday to evening)...
              I feel that there should be pick3 [with squared or cylindrical machine] that pays 6-way box payout of $20, $35, $60, $80...Each one cost different of course...
              on the link excerpt you gave, i noticed that 25 times out of 30, the numbers
              will repeat (you see i am sleepy so i could have the data wrong), and 12 times of the 30, the number tha repeated will be a double within that draw..
              men! if most pick3 in your state are double, lucky you you got it made: )..I suggest you take advantage of it before they start to change..Like 7 years ago, i don't remember which state it was but it was one of those states in the northern midwest it could have been MN, Iowa [i get them all confused]. I noticed that their daily pick4 the numbers most of the time will not repeat, i just thought how lucky. Don't know if it was a trend or what, it could've been long gone by now.

You don't need to test a computer. A computer is failure-proof. I don't understand...

New Mexico
                United States
                Member #12305
                March 10, 2005
                2984 Posts
                Posted: June 4, 2006, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

My impression is that most people dislike RNG draws because there's no recognizeable event associated with the draws.  There's no reason to suspect the computer they point at accusing it of generating the numbers had anything to do with the numbers they accuse of winning.

There's no reason, even, to suspect any RNG machine exists.  Maybe that box they're calling an RNG machine is just an old 286 they threw out when 386s came along, sitting there making futuristic noises and biding its time until the people present for the 'draw' dig the winning numbers out of their pockets or read them written on their handkerchiefs or between their fingers.

Balls mightn't be honest, but they have the advantage of being larger than electrons.  It's easier to spot a crack or a bowling ball in with them.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #12305
                  March 10, 2005
                  2984 Posts
                  Posted: June 4, 2006, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

Mike:

New Mexico's RNG.  I played it a lot of times while I was coming to the decision to play it no more forever.

The reasons I quit are listed in the previous post.  I'd feel the same if it were any other state.

Jack

Egos don't count.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                    Wandering Aimlessly
                    United States
                    Member #25360
                    November 5, 2005
                    4461 Posts
                    Posted: June 4, 2006, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

You don't need to test a computer. A computer is failure-proof. I don't understand... pumpi76

Where do they sell these failure-proof computers? I want one!!

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                      Member #14
                      November 9, 2001
                      31361 Posts
                      Posted: June 4, 2006, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

You don't need to test a computer. A computer is failure-proof. I don't understand... pumpi76

same here - 

Computer Smash 

love to nibble those micey feet.

konane's avatar - wallace
                        Atlanta, GA
                        United States
                        Member #1265
                        March 13, 2003
                        3333 Posts
                        Posted: June 4, 2006, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

Ball drop drawings offer complete disclosure to the public, the transparency of which lotteries owe to the public since they function as an arm of state governments and serve the public interest in some capacity.

There is nothing transparent about a drawing happening behind closed doors where the results magically show up on tv as a computer animation as if being drawn.

There has been an ongoing discussion on LP about discrepancies regarding the Hoosier lottery computer drawings, the play of certain number combinations being disallowed, also issues with drawing results, etc.  It seems to be the poster child for not playing any RNG drawing.

With RNG's who really knows what happens behind closed doors??  I for one am not willing to pay to find out. 

Good luck to everyone!

New Mexico
                          United States
                          Member #12305
                          March 10, 2005
                          2984 Posts
                          Posted: June 4, 2006, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

If the definition of 'failure-proof' is, 'failure can't be detected by anyone who isn't employed by the lottery commission', the states have a lot of them.

One of the mid-west states had a failure-proof computer a while back that generated the same numbers for several days before anyone noticed it hadn't failed to do so.  Shortly thereafter they fixed it so's it wouldn't not fail another day in a row.

I've got a failure proof computer back in the workshop.  Been sitting there several years, not being plugged in while I've waited for a time I might have occasion to cannibalize parts from it.  If I remember correctly the hard-drive went out and made it failure proof.

Jack

Egos don't count.

carlacarla's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
                            seattle
                            United States
                            Member #39838
                            May 22, 2006
                            5 Posts
                            Posted: June 4, 2006, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

Hi this is my first post. Does anyone know if Washington State has computerized drawings? I emailed them and asked them why the drawings are not televised and they responded because it was too expensive and I was unhappy about that. I just recently started playing on a regular basis.

I would prefer the balls because I think computers can be cracked and rngs can be influenced. I think balls being 3 dimensional objects floating through space are fairer to all lottery players.

Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
                              Mid-Missouri
                              United States
                              Member #644
                              August 31, 2002
                              4271 Posts
                              Posted: June 4, 2006, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

Hi this is my first post. Does anyone know if Washington State has computerized drawings? I emailed them and asked them why the drawings are not televised and they responded because it was too expensive and I was unhappy about that. I just recently started playing on a regular basis.

I would prefer the balls because I think computers can be cracked and rngs can be influenced. I think balls being 3 dimensional objects floating through space are fairer to all lottery players.

Welcome aboard,

It's all RNG except MM. Unhappy

Sorry to be the bearer of Bad news,

Bryan  :)