Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$100 worth of tickets from 4 different states

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 10 years ago by lucky146.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
lucky146's avatar - animal monkey.jpg
ny
United States
Member #40152
May 28, 2006
77 Posts
Posted: June 14, 2006, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

Jersey has a decent pick 5 game - although it is 40 numbers. When the (rolling) jackpot gets high enough, I sometimes head over and p/u a few tickets. The most I have won is 3/5 ($10) however.

The NY pick 5 game blows (gee big surprise) - no rolling jackpots. I have seen as many as 7 or 8 first prize winners for that game. Imagine finally nailing the big won and all you get is $5k (after taxes)

I have been calling for NY Take Five to be changed to a jackpot game. The NY Lottery doesn't seem to want player input. AFAIK game changes have to go through the state legislature. I wonder what Eliot Spitzer thinks of the lottery, as he'll be our next governor (Not so Faso, John LOL)

I suppose they are already making a tidy profit from this game so it's no big surprise that they wouldn't want to change it.

Although I have played this game in the past, I don't very much anymore - it's just not worth it. You could win almost as much money putting down a $10/straight bet on a pick 4 - which gives you a heck of a lot better odds.