Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

lottery post hall of fame

Topic closed. 59 replies. Last post 10 years ago by justxploring.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

do you think a hall of fame for lottery post would be cool?

good idea [ 24 ]  [42.11%]
stupid idea [ 23 ]  [40.35%]
not sure [ 10 ]  [17.54%]
Total Valid Votes [ 57 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 10 ]  
Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
Mid-Missouri
United States
Member #644
August 31, 2002
4271 Posts
Posted: June 14, 2006, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

Idea .....Isn't that what the top predictors page is?

It sounds like you are wanting something to show gratitude without having to have the numbers to back it up. This is where the little clique develop and you get to see which one you're in. Drop a name and hope they do the same...It would be like being in high school all over again. I don't think it would be a very good idea... At least on the Prediction Board the numbers do all the talking and anyone and everyone can choose to participate there.

Of course, that doesn't mean not to be grateful to those that share ideas and systems. You can always say thank you in the thread without having to put them on a pedestal and taking a chance of slighting someone else. Saying thank you in a certain thread with not stop another from posting ideas, making a club and  possibly exclude them may.

Just my 2 cents worth,

Bryan  :)

Poway CA (San Diego County)
    United States
    Member #3489
    January 25, 2004
    14120 Posts
    Posted: June 14, 2006, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

It sounds like you are wanting something to show gratitude without having to have the numbers to back it up. This is where the little clique develop and you get to see which one you're in. Drop a name and hope they do the same...It would be like being in high school all over again. I don't think it would be a very good idea... At least on the Prediction Board the numbers do all the talking and anyone and everyone can choose to participate there.

Of course, that doesn't mean not to be grateful to those that share ideas and systems. You can always say thank you in the thread without having to put them on a pedestal and taking a chance of slighting someone else. Saying thank you in a certain thread with not stop another from posting ideas, making a club and  possibly exclude them may.

Just my 2 cents worth,

hammer

fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2
      Chicago,IL.
      United States
      Member #2902
      November 29, 2003
      1426 Posts
      Posted: June 14, 2006, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

how bout hall of shame? cashman, goose, etc..................Jester

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
        Charlotte NC
        United States
        Member #17406
        June 18, 2005
        4053 Posts
        Posted: June 14, 2006, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

Just my 2 cents worth,

hammer

I Agree!But of course we've been through this how many times?  What is not understood? 

takeemtothebank

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
          Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11338 Posts
          Posted: June 14, 2006, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

lol,fast eddie.good one!

misunderstanding to bryan or whoever else thinks that i'm doing this to form cliques or groups or whatever.sometimes the written word is taken out of context or not understood properly and this is one such case.i'm a happy,content,quiet guy.i have no reason to stir any pots.however i can see where some might see where this could lead to that happening and i agree that it could but thats not my intent at all.just like the my favorite member poll this was done in complete fun and thats all.the seriousness factor is creeping in again.don't take yourself to seriously its just a poll.game,etc. and thats it.if ya got a problem with it skip it is all i can say.you can't get it right all the time and i admitted that earlier in this thread.i'm fine and if anybody has a problem then what can i say? take a chill pill.....

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
            Member #91
            January 19, 2002
            11927 Posts
            Posted: June 14, 2006, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

I don't think you need one,,, if someone mentions lottery post to me,  I think back to alot of people (in no specific order):

Todd, Lucky, emilyg, goose, lottoking, kbcherokee, the rock (alot of you dont know him, but he was a trip) visiondude, rjoh, lottomike, maddog, xsmega, cashman,cash only, jorli d, etc,,,etc..etc...

I remember their post, their victories, their defeats, their views, their opinions, who I liked, and who I didn't, (although I miss their pompus attitudes and egos if they stop posting),I remember keeping track of people that thought they had found the holy grail of lottery selection, and their quiet retreat to the shadows of posting when they found out it wasn't it...

This is a great sight for lottery people, it should be a place where you are an equal on the same quest, not where you need to look up to someone cause one year they came "this close" to our objective .......

Thats probably the most I have said on this sight!!

Tennessee
              United States
              Member #7853
              October 15, 2004
              11338 Posts
              Posted: June 14, 2006, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

people please take this with a grain of salt.heaven knows its just a poll.lol

Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: June 14, 2006, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

i'll be the first to say that i think that now that i look at it that the hall of fame thing IS a bad idea.however its nice to see the opinions of others and what they have to say and i respect those opinions greatly.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                  Member #91
                  January 19, 2002
                  11927 Posts
                  Posted: June 14, 2006, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

Okay then,

Its a stupid idea!!!

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

Tennessee
                    United States
                    Member #7853
                    October 15, 2004
                    11338 Posts
                    Posted: June 14, 2006, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

after seeing the responses your right fja.it is......

Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: June 14, 2006, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

even if you fail its always nice to say you tried.you never know success or failure until then.we win some we lose some.....

Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
                        Mid-Missouri
                        United States
                        Member #644
                        August 31, 2002
                        4271 Posts
                        Posted: June 14, 2006, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

lol,fast eddie.good one!

misunderstanding to bryan or whoever else thinks that i'm doing this to form cliques or groups or whatever.sometimes the written word is taken out of context or not understood properly and this is one such case.i'm a happy,content,quiet guy.i have no reason to stir any pots.however i can see where some might see where this could lead to that happening and i agree that it could but thats not my intent at all.just like the my favorite member poll this was done in complete fun and thats all.the seriousness factor is creeping in again.don't take yourself to seriously its just a poll.game,etc. and thats it.if ya got a problem with it skip it is all i can say.you can't get it right all the time and i admitted that earlier in this thread.i'm fine and if anybody has a problem then what can i say? take a chill pill.....

Mike,

I never said a word about that being your intent, "to stir the pot" as you said. There is no misunderstanding (unless, it is on your end). I am telling you what I think would happen if such a page was developed. You told Emily "it doesn't hurt to hear the feedback". Obviously it does, because now you are saying "if we have a problem with it, take a chill pill". I don't get it... 

I have never understood why people (especially ones with thin skin) put up a poll and if every response isn't positive they get all defensive. Confused 

Oh well, made my vote, said my piece, and I'm moving on...

Have a Nice Evening,

Coastal Georgia
                          United States
                          Member #2653
                          October 30, 2003
                          1866 Posts
                          Posted: June 14, 2006, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

Mike, It's not a stupid idea, it's just not tailored to this forum.

There are lots of posters that we love to read, and probably just as many that we really do not like to see, but yet and still we all have the right to post our opinions...

Creating a pecking order, or a social class is risky at best.

If we think that this idea won't work, lets just say why and move on...

DD

Tennessee
                            United States
                            Member #7853
                            October 15, 2004
                            11338 Posts
                            Posted: June 14, 2006, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

i can hardly remember what happens one minute to the next.i got two screaming kids or shall i say babies.one is running all over the place and one is getting ready to walk.ok bryan i might've said what i said but to condense it down the bottom line is everyone is free to give their opinion.i might've come off snappy if i did i'm sorry.peace to all....

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                              Beautiful Florida
                              United States
                              Member #5709
                              July 18, 2004
                              20108 Posts
                              Posted: June 14, 2006, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

I don't think you need one,,, if someone mentions lottery post to me,  I think back to alot of people (in no specific order):

Todd, Lucky, emilyg, goose, lottoking, kbcherokee, the rock (alot of you dont know him, but he was a trip) visiondude, rjoh, lottomike, maddog, xsmega, cashman,cash only, jorli d, etc,,,etc..etc...

I remember their post, their victories, their defeats, their views, their opinions, who I liked, and who I didn't, (although I miss their pompus attitudes and egos if they stop posting),I remember keeping track of people that thought they had found the holy grail of lottery selection, and their quiet retreat to the shadows of posting when they found out it wasn't it...

This is a great sight for lottery people, it should be a place where you are an equal on the same quest, not where you need to look up to someone cause one year they came "this close" to our objective .......

Thats probably the most I have said on this sight!!

Ahh, spoken like a true philospher FJA.

OK folks it's a wrap. Lottomike on to the next one...!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "