Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 7:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Wonder if this could be a member of LP

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 11 years ago by GoldenEgg.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
we;reallwinners's avatar - praying hands.jpg

United States
Member #12416
March 13, 2005
564 Posts
Posted: June 20, 2006, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

Fantasy 5

LANSING, June 19, 2006 - Some people might consider themselves lucky.  Then they meet Robert Thompson.

Thompson, a 51-year-old "professional" Lottery player from Saginaw, has won at least $500 in 10 different states, including West Virginia, Georgia, Indiana, Illinois and Kentucky, to name a few.  He's also won $5,000 "a couple of times."

While those wins are impressive, they don't match his most recent of win a $140,980 prize in the Michigan Lottery's Fantasy 5 game in the June 13 drawing.

Hiding Behind Computerbe vewyvewy quiet, WewHuntingNumbers

United States
    Member #10720
    January 23, 2005
    933 Posts
    Posted: June 20, 2006, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

Right off the bat, the first question is how much did he spend to win that much including $3/gallon to go to all those states? I have won in different states and one time the Cash 5 top prize, but I play "very few" numbers. When I won the 5 I only played 2 lines and that was with an "ancient" program written in QuickBASIC, nothing like what I use now.

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
      Member #28409
      December 15, 2005
      1198 Posts
      Posted: June 20, 2006, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

2 questions:

what program you use? and couldn't he just be using betslips.com?

either way, definitely sounds like an lp member

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

New Mexico
        United States
        Member #12305
        March 10, 2005
        2984 Posts
        Posted: June 20, 2006, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

I think I might know this guy.  In fact, I think he might be the guy I posted one of my first threads about on LP in the Mystical Forum, A Strange Experience, I believe it was labelled.

If so, he's the guy pushed the button that got me into the whole shebang.

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
          Member #12618
          March 18, 2005
          2060 Posts
          Posted: June 22, 2006, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

It might be, It might not be him. I guess we will never know unless he outs himself.

Dance like no one is watching.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
            Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: June 22, 2006, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

he encountered a bit of resistance when he was here so i doubt if he will.i'd love for him to but i don't see it happening......

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
              Tennessee
              United States
              Member #7853
              October 15, 2004
              11338 Posts
              Posted: June 22, 2006, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

it might not be the same guy but if it is all i can say is congrats and hats off to him......

New Mexico
                United States
                Member #12305
                March 10, 2005
                2984 Posts
                Posted: June 23, 2006, 9:34 am - IP Logged

It might be, It might not be him. I guess we will never know unless he outs himself.

I tried a web search of the name in hopes of seeing a picture to see if it was the same guy.

Doesn't take more than one search to realize almost every human being in the US has the same name as him.

If it ain't the same guy it leads a person to wonder how many people are going around from state to state playing lotteries and calling themselves professional lottery players, claiming they 'know how to win lotteries'.

I figured until now my guy was just an alien or the like who dropped in for a chat.  That's the reason I originally posted the thread on the Mystical Forum.

Now I'm wondering if there just aren't legions of people zipping around all over the place, state to state saying they're doing that, or doing it.  Quietly.

The travel from state to state seems a strange aspect of it all that they have in common.  What, a person has to wonder, is the deal with moving around instead of just staying and playing in one place? 

Interesting.

Jack

Egos don't count.

New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #12305
                  March 10, 2005
                  2984 Posts
                  Posted: June 23, 2006, 10:03 am - IP Logged

The guy in the Weinerscnitzel was a big guy, I think I described him on the thread as a sort of gunsel looking fellow.  He didn't strike me as being a genius, particularly.  He didn't even strike me as being particularly noticeable.

I'm going to have to dig around here and see if I still have all that stuff he wrote on napkins and left with me.  I hope I haven't thrown it away, though most of what he told me is old hat among seasoned lottery players, except for a couple of things I didn't mention in the thread.

Frankly, I sort of hope it isn't this guy.  I like the idea better of there being more than one.

Jack

Egos don't count.

New Mexico
                    United States
                    Member #12305
                    March 10, 2005
                    2984 Posts
                    Posted: June 23, 2006, 11:03 am - IP Logged

That 'A Strange Experience'     (link) thread began Posted: March 13, 2005, 6:44 pm, if anyone cares to go back and read it without doing a search.

But here's the description I gave of the guy and the incident at the time, when the memory was a lot fresher:

The guy behind me, a gunzel looking fellow maybe 50, unexceptional in his looks, started talking to me while we waited.  He said some things, I don't recall what about, that piqued my interest.  He was just passing through town, I know he said, had to pass some time.

I ordered a drink and sat down.  When he got his order he came and sat down near me and we continued talking across a couple of tables until he got up and brought his food over to my table.  Started talking about the lottery.  I didn't have much interest in the lottery.  Bought a QP now and then, but otherwise it seemed a stupid waste of money.

The guy said he was a numerologist.  I pretended dumb on the subject, though I'd read a good bit about it.  Asked him a lot of questions, and his answers convinced me he was not only NOT a numerologist, but he didn't know what a numerologist was.  I had him pegged for a BS artist.  But the conversation wasn't costing anything and it was cool inside.  I sipped and listened.

He said he travels all the time, playing lotteries state to state, makes a circuit.  Said he makes his living that way.  "Yeah, right!" I thinks silently.  Said he studied the numbers constantly.

I plied him with a few questions for the sake of courtesy.  It didn't take a lot to keep him talking.  The man was enthusiastic on the subject.  Got out a pen and started writing things down on a napkin, making charts, showing me a few of the ways the numbers behave.  Told me he'd been doing this for 12 years, never won a jackpot, but made a living off it anyway.  Said he'd figured it out all by himself, when I asked if there were any books on the subject.  I didn't believe much about what he was saying, but I do believe in what Vonnegutt called, 'dancing lessons from God', .... letting unexpected experiences happen and riding along with them a while.

Anyway, the guy finished eating, left me with a handfull of napkins with drawings on them and a fairly vivid recollection of the conversation.  I left, too, and when I drove away I discovered I didn't know precisely where I was, still.  I drove around a while until I saw a familiar cross street and headed home.

It was several months, those napkins sitting there wadded in view, before I got around to pulling up the lotteries and looking a bit to see whether there was anything to what I'd been told.  There was.  Just enough to get me looking at what the splinters he gave me implied.

Interestingly, further down in the thread Alonzo Wright came along and made a post.  That's what took me up to the Lottery Systems Forum to see what he was posting up there.

Jack

Egos don't count.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8392 Posts
                      Posted: June 23, 2006, 11:21 am - IP Logged

I know a lot of truckers who buy lottery tickets in the many states they visit. It could very well be one who knows. Every once in a while i have heard or seen articles in state lottery news reports. Might read like ( trucker wins lottery ) (long haul trucker wins 500,000 )  

New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #12305
                        March 10, 2005
                        2984 Posts
                        Posted: June 23, 2006, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

I know a lot of truckers who buy lottery tickets in the many states they visit. It could very well be one who knows. Every once in a while i have heard or seen articles in state lottery news reports. Might read like ( trucker wins lottery ) (long haul trucker wins 500,000 )  

Larry:

I recall thinking at the time, or sometime afterward, that the guy I ran into might be a long-haul trucker.  I can't swear this late in the game that he didn't tell me he was.

Which, if he were, would probably make him someone different from the person reported at the top of the tread.

If it's two different people it's actually of more interest to me than if it's a single individual, overall.

J

Egos don't count.

New Mexico
                          United States
                          Member #12305
                          March 10, 2005
                          2984 Posts
                          Posted: June 23, 2006, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

Fantasy 5

LANSING, June 19, 2006 - Some people might consider themselves lucky.  Then they meet Robert Thompson.

Thompson, a 51-year-old "professional" Lottery player from Saginaw, has won at least $500 in 10 different states, including West Virginia, Georgia, Indiana, Illinois and Kentucky, to name a few.  He's also won $5,000 "a couple of times."

While those wins are impressive, they don't match his most recent of win a $140,980 prize in the Michigan Lottery's Fantasy 5 game in the June 13 drawing.

we;reallwinners

thanks for posting this thread.

It's a good 'un

J

Egos don't count.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
                            Member #12618
                            March 18, 2005
                            2060 Posts
                            Posted: June 24, 2006, 12:32 am - IP Logged

I could see the person being a trucker or having a job that travels. Or he may have access to something like betslips. At least for the smaller games like Pick 3 and 4.

Dance like no one is watching.

New Mexico
                              United States
                              Member #12305
                              March 10, 2005
                              2984 Posts
                              Posted: June 24, 2006, 1:12 am - IP Logged

I could see the person being a trucker or having a job that travels. Or he may have access to something like betslips. At least for the smaller games like Pick 3 and 4.

bellyache:

During those early months at LP I always expected to encounter the person on one of the threads.  I used to read the threads carefully looking for some hint the individuals doing the posting might be he.

I occasionally would even send PMs to people asking a seemingly innocuous question with an answer that would ID the guy.  Never got the right answers, however.

So if the guy in the strange experience is anyone on LP he's remained escondido.

No reason, I suppose, he'd stand to improve anything for himself by admitting to me he was the guy, so he might be here anyway.  But again, he mightn't.

As for the guy the thread is about, it's difficult to imagine what he'd have to gain by being an LP member.  Sounds as though he has things about the way he wants them without the headaches a person in his position might associate with LP membership.

J

Egos don't count.