Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 6:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

great results for pick 5

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 11 years ago by derek7.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #42040
June 26, 2006
21 Posts
Posted: June 29, 2006, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

I have spent countless hours using lotto pro 2006 to increase my chances. I did my first test play last night for Texas pick 5 and I played 28 numbers in 221 tickets.

Hit 37  2 number combos    37X $2 per 2combo = $74

2  3 number combos     3 X $10 per 3 combo=$20

1  4 number combo      1 X $423 per combo=$423 

Total spent $221 Total won $517  Total profit $296

It was played on paper I was surely not about to risk $221 for something so early. With just alittle more research today I learned what to filter and what not to filter to cut my total bet from $221 to $88 from the back testing so far using the 26-28 numbers a day picks all 5 numbers about 35-40% of the time. I choose to use more numbers but try to filter out useless combos like 4 even numbers or having 4 odd numbers since it happens way less than 50% and there are alot of other ways I cut things down. Now just need a few weeks of testing and boom its just that easy (dont we wish). I would like to post my numbers on there but i dont know how to trasfer my numbers from the software to here. It only allows me to save them in the program or print.

But here are my numbers for tonight

Texas pick 5  using 28 numbers playing   91 tickets

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 18 19 21 22 24 25 26 27 29 31 32 33 36

Ohio   pick 5  using 32 numbers  playing 119 tickets

1 2 3 4 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 18 19 20 21 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 39

I think it is better to have more numbers than say using 15 numbers ur total chance skyrocket along with the amount of money it cost of course but then 1nce u filter everything out it becomes just as reasonable as playing 15 numbers. I have one more filter i can take the number of tickets down atleast another 20-25 % im sure i just dont feel like working on that today since ive been hitting it hard today. I am going to post for the next few days and see how things go Ill put results on after the draw or the following morning. I wont be doing on weekends most likely since i have to work but ill try. Even if you split it with say 3 other friends that would make the total cost around $100 a week supposing you get nothing in return but you should expect to get atleast 20-30 back a person.

Sunny California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    7713 Posts
    Posted: June 29, 2006, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

PencilMan,I just couldn't resist giving you the number strings challenge! All in fun,of course!Wink

Let's see how your strings do against mine-----

1 2 3 4 8 9 10 11 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 32 33 34 35 36 37

1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 12 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 33 34 35 36 37

On your mark,get ready, GGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOO!!

May the best lotto system work!!

United States
      Member #42040
      June 26, 2006
      21 Posts
      Posted: June 29, 2006, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

Thankyou for the post sir but honestly it is hard to compare our systems you are at a major disadvantage since im pick alot more numbers than u. However we all have to realize picking the 5 winning numbers is only 1 part. if they are not all on the same ticket then its useless. How many tickets would u play for ur numbers? I am always looking for new ways to reduce the field much like us all best of luck to you as well :) I have tested what I have found over 50 draw periods at a time and get around 35-40% all numbers but what i need to figure out is how many times out of those I get 4 or maybe even 5 on 1 ticket only time will tell

United States
        Member #42040
        June 26, 2006
        21 Posts
        Posted: June 29, 2006, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

what ive noticed so far is using hot and cold numbers throwing out due and last draw numbers.

along with throwing out combos with 4 even or 4 odd numbers along with the all even and all odd

along with using range of 60-109 leaves me with about 90-100 tickets per play. 

Using all that for filtering that still left me with 13 out of 50 days with a chance of winning jackpot.

I just dont have any clue how many times I would have hit 4 or 5 numbers if i would have hit them at all. I think my system is about 40-50% complete. Who knows I might have hit all 5 numbers 2 times or more or might not ever only time will tell back testing is only so good. Its all about what will happen tomorrow

Sunny California
          United States
          Member #40295
          May 31, 2006
          7713 Posts
          Posted: June 29, 2006, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

Thankyou for the post sir but honestly it is hard to compare our systems you are at a major disadvantage since im pick alot more numbers than u. However we all have to realize picking the 5 winning numbers is only 1 part. if they are not all on the same ticket then its useless. How many tickets would u play for ur numbers? I am always looking for new ways to reduce the field much like us all best of luck to you as well :) I have tested what I have found over 50 draw periods at a time and get around 35-40% all numbers but what i need to figure out is how many times out of those I get 4 or maybe even 5 on 1 ticket only time will tell

Ahhhh,but that's where the challenge lies. You're right,I am at a disadvantage because I'm using less numbers but isn't that the point? We all want to use the least amount of numbers and still have the winners in there. You know I'm just kidding about all this,right? I'm just curious to see how they compare. Lottoluck to you,though,if you're playing for real money!!

Don't worry,PencilMan,we'll get there. Thanks for sharing all your info. I love to read posts from people like you who are just trying to help out others and share their results with what they're working on. Keep us posted!!

United States
            Member #42040
            June 26, 2006
            21 Posts
            Posted: June 29, 2006, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

well now that I really think about it our systems are totally different. You target a smaller number of numbers u wish for all 5 to be in. I have a large number of numbers but I try to filter out all the least likely 5 number combos. for example  11 13 14 18 34 is beyond unlikely to come out rarely does 4 numbers come in the same bracket 1-9  10-19 20-29 30-37 just 1 of the many things to take into consideration

Sunny California
              United States
              Member #40295
              May 31, 2006
              7713 Posts
              Posted: June 29, 2006, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

well now that I really think about it our systems are totally different. You target a smaller number of numbers u wish for all 5 to be in. I have a large number of numbers but I try to filter out all the least likely 5 number combos. for example  11 13 14 18 34 is beyond unlikely to come out rarely does 4 numbers come in the same bracket 1-9  10-19 20-29 30-37 just 1 of the many things to take into consideration

Totally different and yet we have a lot of the same numbers among them. This is going to be very interesting to see what happens. Are you just playing these numbers for tonight? Or do you keep them longer?

United States
                Member #42040
                June 26, 2006
                21 Posts
                Posted: June 29, 2006, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

change daily

derek7's avatar - speedykat
                  IL
                  United States
                  Member #34578
                  March 4, 2006
                  198 Posts
                  Posted: June 29, 2006, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

I think your system would be the same if PeniclMan used full wheels.

Anyway, I have some comments:

PencilMan, I used this software too. I think your strategy would not bring same amount of money here in IL (where I live) because they pay 100 USD for "4" hit. But again, maybe it is just luck (or lack of it in my case).

Another question:

What values for drawing cut off and hot number cut off do you use...? i never knew what to put. Do you use defaults...? Please note that default 10 is not equal default 5 if your game is daily game or not_daily game. 

How many numbers do you choose...?

What wheel you used?

Derek7 

United States
                    Member #42040
                    June 26, 2006
                    21 Posts
                    Posted: June 29, 2006, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

what i use for texas cause thats what if been working on the most is.

Drop all numbers from last draw along with due numbers.

After that only play combos that are in the value of 60-109

from there drop all combos that have 4 odd numbers/4 even numbers or combos with all even or odd

Doing this drops ur number of tickets by around 60%.

However I cant say this system is any good or works well have alot more testing to go. But I need to figure out a way to cut the begining 28 numbers down to about 15 and still be half as good

IL
                      United States
                      Member #34578
                      March 4, 2006
                      198 Posts
                      Posted: June 29, 2006, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

So you "wheel" 28 numbers?

What about the cut offs (you can adjust these parameters).

How many numbers is in TX Pick5 Lotto? (how big is the matrix)? 

United States
                        Member #42040
                        June 26, 2006
                        21 Posts
                        Posted: June 29, 2006, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

TX lotto has 37 numbers hot num cut off is 10 and drawing cutoff is 50. I havent been studying pick5 to long but it adds up when u study it 10 hours a day (what a life lol) Ive been studying pick 3 for a good while. on paper today im 7-5  spend $768 return +$282  I still have 4 more draws but if i lose out ill still show $26 profit. Seems all my test profit until i put my money on it. But supposing I win 3 outta the last 4 id be up $476 on the day almost enough to say to hell with pick5 jk lol but I hope this pk3 holds up as well so i can share my knowledge

IL
                          United States
                          Member #34578
                          March 4, 2006
                          198 Posts
                          Posted: June 29, 2006, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

Well, I study Pick5 too, but it ain't going well. And I am not winning...

If you use cutoff 10/50 then I assume you use defaults and your game is NOT daily.

I played with different cutt offs but also no wins. Though software is very nice. It keeps all the drawings etc.

I will be happy to read more about your tests... 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19894 Posts
                            Posted: June 29, 2006, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

PencilMan,
                            Your system seems to be designed for the Texas pari-mutuel 5/37 game in which a match4 pays real good if nobody gets a matche5, but the jackpots hardly ever goes over $35K. 

Ohio has a fixed payout that pays $1 for a match2, $10 for a macth3, $300 for match4 and a jackpot that starts at $100K and rolls until it's won so a similar strategy might not work as well there.  Tonight's jackpot rolled to $317K, so it's likely to be won tomorrow.

derek7,
                            Seems like every state design its Pick5 game differently to keep systems and software designers from coming up with a good strategy that works equally well in all states.  Ohio also has Lot'O Play, a 5/100 game that allows the players to pick 1/10 of the combinations played on a $2 ticket. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

brick,new jersey
                              United States
                              Member #28981
                              December 26, 2005
                              20 Posts
                              Posted: June 29, 2006, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

well this is my first post here at LP but i have been lurking here for months..i too have the lotto pro software for several years and i have to say that the picks that it produces are really average at best...i do like all the tools it offers though,i like to pick my own numbers and use its wheels and filters...i will say that in what i have noticed in my state(new jersey)is that all the winning numbers drawn have also come out within the last 10 draws(for the most part)...so i use this info for my picks...i have hit 4out of 5 twice within the last month and a half...i feel that i will win eventually(i hope)lol....i look forward to your results too...best of luck to everyone!!!!

mike