Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 5:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who Would Want This?

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Clairvoyance's avatar - eye storm.jpg

United States
Member #26882
November 23, 2005
1404 Posts
Posted: June 29, 2006, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

NEW LOTTERY INSTANT GAME OFFERS CHANCE TO VISIT GUS TELEVISION COMMERCIAL SHOOT

MIDDLETOWN -- HumonGUS BUCKS, a new $5 Pennsylvania Lottery instant game on sale June 27, offers a second-chance drawing that will award three winners an opportunity to attend a Lottery television commercial shoot with Gus, the second-most famous groundhog in Pennsylvania.

HumonGUS BUCKS is a $5 game that features four different collectible scenes of Gus.  The game offers 20 top prizes of $50,000; more than 1,150 prizes from $500 to $5,000; more than $11 million in prizes from $25 to $100; and 12 chances to win on each ticket.  Players win the prize shown under the matching number when any of the GUS NUMBERS match any of the WINNING NUMBERS.  A "PAW" symbol wins the prize shown under it automatically.  The odds of winning a HumonGUS BUCKS prize are 1-in-3.89.

To be entered into the second-chance drawing, players must send three non-winning HumonGUS BUCKS instant tickets to the Lottery on or before Aug. 8.  Players will be entered into the second-chance drawing once for every three tickets submitted, and there is no limit to the number of times players may enter the drawing.  Players must fill out the back of each ticket with the appropriate name, address, telephone number and signature of the person submitting the tickets and mail them in a #10 envelope to:

Pennsylvania Lottery

Second Chance Drawing

P.O. Box 888

Middletown, PA  17057-0888

The second-chance drawing will take place the week of Aug. 14 and winners will be notified by the Lottery in August.  The Lottery will provide two nights' lodging for each winner and his or her guest, meals and $500 spending money.  Also included will be transportation from anywhere in the state to and from the commercial production, either in Pittsburgh or Philadelphia.   

About the Pennsylvania Lottery:  The Pennsylvania Lottery remains the only state lottery that designates all its proceeds to programs that benefit older residents.  Since its inception 34 years ago, the Pennsylvania Lottery has contributed more than $15.5 billion to programs that include property tax and rent rebates; free and reduced-fare transit; the low-cost prescription drug programs PACE and PACENET; and the 52 Area Agencies on Aging, including 650 full- and part-time senior centers throughout the state.  The Pennsylvania Lottery reminds its players to play responsibly.  Players must be 18 or older.

Content Last Modified on 6/22/2006 9:01:09 AM

United States
    Member #26882
    November 23, 2005
    1404 Posts
    Posted: June 29, 2006, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

Who in their right mind would want this second chance prize? To visit a furry hand puppets TV commercial LOL! Why not make the TOP prize BIGGER and forget about this nonsense? People want money when scratching tickets not to go see a furry critter make his TV commercials!

I often wonder who in the heck comes up with these things to try and sell scratchies? I think I shall pass on this one!
      bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
      Member #12618
      March 18, 2005
      2060 Posts
      Posted: June 29, 2006, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

LOL I wouldn't want it, but I'm sure someone out there does.

Dance like no one is watching.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
        Wisconsin
        United States
        Member #1303
        March 27, 2003
        1508 Posts
        Posted: June 30, 2006, 7:35 am - IP Logged

Who in their right mind would want this second chance prize? To visit a furry hand puppets TV commercial LOL! Why not make the TOP prize BIGGER and forget about this nonsense? People want money when scratching tickets not to go see a furry critter make his TV commercials!

I often wonder who in the heck comes up with these things to try and sell scratchies? I think I shall pass on this one!

Typical Lottery Commission thinking....Like "What can we do that costs us almost nothing?"

"Hey, Fred, we got that groundhog and all he does 364 days a year is nothing."

"Yeah ! No cost to us, and the dumb stupid players will probably think it's cute. They go for anything."

"AWRIGHT ! I think we'll get a raise in pay for this ! "

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

United States
          Member #26882
          November 23, 2005
          1404 Posts
          Posted: June 30, 2006, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

Typical Lottery Commission thinking....Like "What can we do that costs us almost nothing?"

"Hey, Fred, we got that groundhog and all he does 364 days a year is nothing."

"Yeah ! No cost to us, and the dumb stupid players will probably think it's cute. They go for anything."

"AWRIGHT ! I think we'll get a raise in pay for this ! "

You Got that right!

And Badgers are much cuter than ground hogs any day! Have you ever seen a ground hog up close? ewwwwww! I have them in my yard, so if I want to see one all I need to do is look out my back window!

Speaking of scratchies, I just bought a 2 dollar one and won 40, Red Hot Dice in PA, I have good luck with that one! Won 40 bucks on that bad boy several times!

I think a top prize of 50,000 is low for a 5 dollar ticket, they do need to forget about that second prize and boost up the other prizes!

United States
            Member #26882
            November 23, 2005
            1404 Posts
            Posted: June 30, 2006, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

LOL I wouldn't want it, but I'm sure someone out there does.

You are probably right someone just might want it LOL

But I just thought to my self when I saw this:

Why would I or anyone else want this?

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
              A long and winding road
              United States
              Member #17084
              June 10, 2005
              4580 Posts
              Posted: July 1, 2006, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

This lastest series of new issued scratchers for PA are lowering both the Top prize amounts and the amount of accumulative winners.  I noticed last year when I traveled thru Maryland they have poor top prize payouts and it seems PA is heading in that direction as well. Its bad enough that we carry the shame of Lose for life and only get a winner once or twice a year. The ground hog promo does have a good cash incentive, save your money and use it for a good sauce to pour over that dern vermit Evil Looking

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

United States
                Member #26882
                November 23, 2005
                1404 Posts
                Posted: July 2, 2006, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

This lastest series of new issued scratchers for PA are lowering both the Top prize amounts and the amount of accumulative winners.  I noticed last year when I traveled thru Maryland they have poor top prize payouts and it seems PA is heading in that direction as well. Its bad enough that we carry the shame of Lose for life and only get a winner once or twice a year. The ground hog promo does have a good cash incentive, save your money and use it for a good sauce to pour over that dern vermit Evil Looking

I hear you on lose for life, I don't play it!

"The ground hog promo does have a good cash incentive, save your money and use it for a good sauce to pour over that dern vermit"

ROFLMAO- Hahahahahahahhahahah! I hear they make a good stew as well!

Sunny California
                  United States
                  Member #40295
                  May 31, 2006
                  7713 Posts
                  Posted: July 2, 2006, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

Green laugh     Hilarious,Clairvoyance! Thanks for sharing this! Sometimes I think people want to WIN period and they don't think about what it is they're winning. It doesn't matter, just WIN WIN WIN for the sake of winning,you know what I mean?

United States
                    Member #26882
                    November 23, 2005
                    1404 Posts
                    Posted: July 2, 2006, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

Green laugh     Hilarious,Clairvoyance! Thanks for sharing this! Sometimes I think people want to WIN period and they don't think about what it is they're winning. It doesn't matter, just WIN WIN WIN for the sake of winning,you know what I mean?

You are welcome lottolaughs, I found it very amusing to say the least!

And you are right some people do want to WIN WIN WIN no mater what they win!
                    Yes Nod LOL

JAP69's avatar - alas
                      South Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #6
                      November 4, 2001
                      8797 Posts
                      Posted: July 2, 2006, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

I hear you on lose for life, I don’t play it!

“The ground hog promo does have a good cash incentive, save your money and use it for a good sauce to pour over that dern vermit”

Yep groundhog is good.
                      I know first hand as I have et some in my life. Just as good as a roast piglet.

Oo'Ka

United States
                        Member #26882
                        November 23, 2005
                        1404 Posts
                        Posted: July 2, 2006, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

“The ground hog promo does have a good cash incentive, save your money and use it for a good sauce to pour over that dern vermit”

Yep groundhog is good.

Got some of them in my back yard for ya! Come and get it! LOL!

Bunch of small ones too around, bet they are nice and tender! OMG can't believe I said that LOL that was cruel hey?

JAP69's avatar - alas
                          South Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #6
                          November 4, 2001
                          8797 Posts
                          Posted: July 2, 2006, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

Yep groundhog is good.

Bunch of small ones too around, bet they are nice and tender! OMG can’t believe I said that LOL that was cruel hey?

Little ones eh.
                          They are the best for individual servings.

Oo'Ka

United States
                            Member #26882
                            November 23, 2005
                            1404 Posts
                            Posted: July 2, 2006, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

Yep groundhog is good.

Bunch of small ones too around, bet they are nice and tender! OMG can’t believe I said that LOL that was cruel hey?

Little ones eh.
                            They are the best for individual servings.

OMG -Hahhahahahhahahha!

Green laugh

United States
                              Member #26882
                              November 23, 2005
                              1404 Posts
                              Posted: July 2, 2006, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

Oh my I just thought of something! Can you imagine if someone took the most famous ground hog in Pennsylvania?
                              Punxsutawney Phil and ate him! I can just see the headlines now!

Jap69 would be saying- It wasn't me, I didn't do it!