Welcome Guest
You last visited December 14, 2017, 11:43 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Case....to ...Visual Basic ?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 11 years ago by four4me.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
Stone Mountain*Georgia
United States
Member #828
November 2, 2002
10491 Posts
Posted: June 30, 2006, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

Is it possible to convert ...... Case to VB ?  Thanks for any help.

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #22395
    September 24, 2005
    1583 Posts
    Posted: June 30, 2006, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

Could you expand a little?
    What is "Case?"

Do you have some program that you want to convert?
    Normally, a finished program cannot be converted.
    If it is source code, possibly someone (not I) knowing the code can make a different language perform the same task.

SirMetro's avatar - center
      East of Atlanta
      United States
      Member #6191
      August 11, 2004
      1390 Posts
      Posted: June 30, 2006, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

Here is a link for info on CASE Language http://xml.coverpages.org/cbml.html

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
        Stone Mountain*Georgia
        United States
        Member #828
        November 2, 2002
        10491 Posts
        Posted: June 30, 2006, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

Case is an acronym for computer assisted software engineering. It is a fancy name for the method used for writing macros. Basically I have a couple of programs that were written using macros to generate various stats info. What I was asking .....  does anyone have any experience converting the macros or code to write the macros into VB.      

Win d    

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #22395
          September 24, 2005
          1583 Posts
          Posted: June 30, 2006, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

Thanks SirMetro.

Got it, Win D - sorry, my programming stops short of that.  Waaay short.  :)

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
            Stone Mountain*Georgia
            United States
            Member #828
            November 2, 2002
            10491 Posts
            Posted: June 30, 2006, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

Thank you very much for the consideration just the same.  Thumbs Up

Win d    

SirMetro's avatar - center
              East of Atlanta
              United States
              Member #6191
              August 11, 2004
              1390 Posts
              Posted: July 1, 2006, 12:17 am - IP Logged

Well, if I understand the basic concept of a Macro, the purpose is to create a routine to replicate a given task repeatedly. So, with that little bit of knowledge, without knowing what the language is, could you provide a description of what the intended actions are?

FYI, in Excel, if you activate the RECORD MACRO routine and proceed thru the same identical steps you would want the routine to process, you will, in essence establish the foundation of a macro that you can easily edit. It also acts as a great training tool to help learn the VB language even faster. Once you begin to grasp VBA, slight modification will allow you to ease over to VB.

Good Luck,

Sir Metro

New Mexico
                United States
                Member #12305
                March 10, 2005
                2984 Posts
                Posted: July 1, 2006, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

I surely envy you knowing about all that Basic programming, etc.

I frequently wonder if I couldn't have been off fishing for the last year or so if I understood how to program computers.

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8613 Posts
                  Posted: July 1, 2006, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

Well, if I understand the basic concept of a Macro, the purpose is to create a routine to replicate a given task repeatedly. So, with that little bit of knowledge, without knowing what the language is, could you provide a description of what the intended actions are?

FYI, in Excel, if you activate the RECORD MACRO routine and proceed thru the same identical steps you would want the routine to process, you will, in essence establish the foundation of a macro that you can easily edit. It also acts as a great training tool to help learn the VB language even faster. Once you begin to grasp VBA, slight modification will allow you to ease over to VB.

Good Luck,

Sir Metro

I wish i new how to write formulas also. like if you have a data base of a states numbers you can search individually for a particular number. Takes a long time individually searching 6 way or 24 way numbers. so suppose you wanted to find all the different ways a number has or hasn't been drawn in that state. theoretically that program would search the data base and select all the picks that contained those specific numbers. like the tool Todd has on lottery post. Man what a time saver. I use that tool Todd created but for my state i need one i could check all the history not just the last 7 yrs.