Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 9:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

To All Of Us

Topic closed. 45 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
ducksafloat's avatar - animal duck.jpg
Wentzville, Missouri
United States
Member #2243
September 4, 2003
8519 Posts
Posted: July 2, 2006, 12:26 am - IP Logged

Hey Now Everyone,

Just a tid-bit of a thought that I'd like to share with the lot of you's.  I've been in and out of the post briefly because Dez is home, he will be leaving soon...but during my journey in and out I have seen many of us insulting others.  Please stop that because it saddens my heart. 

It never cost any of us a dime to be kind to one another.  We are here to help one another in the wonderful forum and make great connections that can last a life time. 

So please, consider these things:

• If someone post in the wrong place, let the webmaster do his job.  Don't get upset about it.  Todd leaves a nice little note that says "Moved to......."
  • If you don't like a poster, don't read their thread.
  • We are the most important lottery family on the web!
  • Don't create a bad influence for the visitors.
  • Give the same respect to other posters that you'd want given to yourselves.
  • We are here to build up, not tear down.
  • Remember this is a privilege, and it is our responsibility to respect the priviliege not abuse it.
  • This place is user friendly, so please, stop breaking my heart.

I telling you this because I love this place and the posters in it.  So let's send off positive vibes, one to another and leave the negitivity in the trash.  Just consider this, is all that I ask.  We are family!

Thanks,

PaTrice

Rubber DuckMade 2-B Pro$perou$ & Powerful!
Ya' Gotta Love Thi$ Place! wMim

New Mexico
    United States
    Member #12305
    March 10, 2005
    2984 Posts
    Posted: July 2, 2006, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

Nice post.

Hope you're feeling better.

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #2448
      October 4, 2003
      26100 Posts
      Posted: July 2, 2006, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! 

Wentzville, Missouri
        United States
        Member #2243
        September 4, 2003
        8519 Posts
        Posted: July 2, 2006, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

Nice post.

J

hey now J,

um good:)  i just want the lot of us to respect and help one another, and be able to really enjoy being here when we show up, that's all.  as we all know, life is way too short for anything else.  most of us talk about how great it is to frequent here, how we love the tools, and we even write about the great friends we've made.  so to me, that is more than enough reason to walk in the expression of respect and appreciation.  so i guess that i have high hopes and expectations of everyone of us here.  and i guess one could say that i have a tender heart.  and i do get upset sometimes, but when i do, it's usually with the lottery makers/officials and when people say mean spirit things to hurt others.

thanks for your reply.

Wentzville, Missouri
          United States
          Member #2243
          September 4, 2003
          8519 Posts
          Posted: July 2, 2006, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

hey now ya little precious Jorli D,

Thanks for replying!  Um so glad you agree!

New Mexico
            United States
            Member #12305
            March 10, 2005
            2984 Posts
            Posted: July 2, 2006, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

Nice post.

J

hey now J,

um good:)  i just want the lot of us to respect and help one another, and be able to really enjoy being here when we show up, that's all.  as we all know, life is way too short for anything else.  most of us talk about how great it is to frequent here, how we love the tools, and we even write about the great friends we've made.  so to me, that is more than enough reason to walk in the expression of respect and appreciation.  so i guess that i have high hopes and expectations of everyone of us here.  and i guess one could say that i have a tender heart.  and i do get upset sometimes, but when i do, it's usually with the lottery makers/officials and when people say mean spirit things to hurt others.

thanks for your reply.

It's something nice to hope for.

But we're all operating under the limits of the human mind and flesh.  We behave as humans, which includes a whole spectrum of interactions outside the range of brotherly love.

Same as humans interacting anywhere, towns interacting, nations interacting.

Utopia isn't in sight yet, though we've telegraphed ahead, trying to get it built before we arrive.

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
              Beautiful Florida
              United States
              Member #5709
              July 18, 2004
              20240 Posts
              Posted: July 2, 2006, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

Good post Ducksafloat...!  A nice wake-up....

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                Member #14
                November 9, 2001
                31541 Posts
                Posted: July 2, 2006, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

good reminder ducksafloat!    good morning.

love to nibble those micey feet.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
                  Member #12618
                  March 18, 2005
                  2060 Posts
                  Posted: July 2, 2006, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

It is a good post! I hope you have been enjoying your time with your son Patrice. =)

Dance like no one is watching.

Wentzville, Missouri
                    United States
                    Member #2243
                    September 4, 2003
                    8519 Posts
                    Posted: July 2, 2006, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

oh yes, J:

it is something nice to hope for.  i can agree with that.  but most of us are so very misinformed in thinking that what we call reality is really the walking dead.  to me, the walking dead is just a person who lives in illusional lies that they presume are true.  the whole idea of what i am saying here, is Exercise your choice to treat others they way you expect to be treated and enjoy one another.  this is not impossible and is within everyone of our grasp, simply by making a choice and i promise you, that the outcome will be nothing less than perfect. 

most of us think of an answer to a question before we even get a grip on what the question or comment really was.  i am the perfect example, being here has really taught me to think all things through before i execute a choice, because once i make that choice, that's it, i have absoloutely no control over the outcome.  now that is what shakes me up and down, knowing that i have this great power of choice and i abuse and or misuse it. in life, the only control we really have, is by making a choice.  once the choice is made, the outcome carries the weight of the remains within a day, and sometimes it carries weeks and even months.  so i believe that there is an element of control within everyone of us, if we choose through consideration the choice of speach and activity before we execute it.  and at times, it may not be easy, but the bottom line is that we have a choice and we have control over the choice we make. 

it's like my son made a choice to join the US Military, the outcome of a choice he made years ago became WAR.  he has no control today of that choice made, like karma or justice, the outcome showed face of a choice that was made.  sure he walks on the prayers and hopes of a lot of members here at the Post that have prayed for him and I soley depend upon the outcome of those prayers, but more-over, those people on the post chose to pray for him and what i know is this, those prayers will have an outcome.

at and besides, who says it can't be Utopia right here at the post and our everyday lives. not only is it something nice to be ahead of us, but a place where we can choose to live right now, if we could just slow down a -tad- i honestly believe the lot of us would see a whole lot of what you call Utopia it is not impossible and it is within our reach!

you made a choice to reply to this post, you didn't have to, but you did, so responses are the outcome of the choice you made and same applies to me for posting it.  we may disagree to disagree without being cruel and stinky about it.  anyone of us can take a moment and ask ourselves, "if i say this, will it offend or hurt this person" now, um not saying that this is the soup of the day, but what i am saying is that it can, and should be done, just by a simple choice of consideration. 

i considered what i would post here not just based on my emotions, i asked myself, "would this offend me?" "what will i do if someone responds with a cruel response?" and i considered many other possibilities, because i knew, once it was posted, i could not take it back and  but with the hopes that some may read this post and find their own harmony and share it, just like me.  "It's Just A Choice We Make" 

Wentzville, Missouri
                      United States
                      Member #2243
                      September 4, 2003
                      8519 Posts
                      Posted: July 2, 2006, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

thank you Maddog, emilyg, and bellyache!

believe me, you, i have drowned that Soldier big time, in mother's love!  he's in Columbia MO at his friends wedding, he will be back tomorrow and we're all waiting to drown him some more love!  we have had some great times, so great in fact, that the moments are recorded in my journal.

Sunny California
                        United States
                        Member #40295
                        May 31, 2006
                        7713 Posts
                        Posted: July 2, 2006, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

Couldn't have said it better myself,ducksafloat! I'm pretty new here and was surprised by all the negative stuff. We're here to learn and for information,aren't we? I think we should all keep an open mind to all the great people here who share their techniques, systems, theories and ideas. If they don't work for us,oh,well. If they do,great! But give them a chance before making the "choice" to comment. Thanks,ducksafloat. You have a lot of love,I can feel it. All the best to you and your son!!US Flag

Wentzville, Missouri
                          United States
                          Member #2243
                          September 4, 2003
                          8519 Posts
                          Posted: July 2, 2006, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

lottolaughs,

you are exactly right and you are what i call "Cookin' Wit Oil! and that is exactly what i don't want, is for the newcomers and the visitors to get the wrong idea about this place, because we really are the best on the web! 

i would never be able to tell the story of all the great people i have met here, so great in fact, that when i am not here i am thinking of being here and the great posters!  just like the movies,  "As Good As It Get's"

LAVERNE MALONEY's avatar - smallgirl

United States
                            Member #1987
                            August 5, 2003
                            8968 Posts
                            Posted: July 2, 2006, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

That needed to be said ducksafloat. I agree.

Wentzville, Missouri
                              United States
                              Member #2243
                              September 4, 2003
                              8519 Posts
                              Posted: July 2, 2006, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

That needed to be said ducksafloat. I agree.

it's a family thang Maloney!