Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Devil's Advocate

Topic closed. 41 replies. Last post 10 years ago by GASMETERGUY.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19831 Posts
Posted: July 17, 2006, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

The Prediction pages provide a controlled environment for LP members to post their predictions in a public forum and have the results validated by an unbiased independent party.  It's a good way for those members who like to brag to back up what they post.  I always check the prediction statistics of the braggers to separate the BSers from the serious posters.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

New Mexico
    United States
    Member #12305
    March 10, 2005
    2984 Posts
    Posted: July 17, 2006, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

It's important to know the difference between an advocate and the client Himself. Mad

It's not often easy and it's not often kind, as the old song observed.

You've posted 34,000 predictions this month.  You've racked up $15,000 Imaginary US in wins.

You're probably using the prediction board as a tool for testing methods and techniques.

There's no hype, no billboards, no lies.  If a person wants to make a choice to play numbers you provide it's all right there.

Completely legitimate.

I can see how you'd have observed things on the predictions page that might make it more user friendly, more helpful, a better tool.

But you obviously find it useful to some degree as it is.

And anyone wishing to play your numbers will also find it useful.

Major difference between you and forum predictors.

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
      Member #5599
      July 13, 2004
      1185 Posts
      Posted: July 17, 2006, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

First of all, thank you all input. It's enjoyable to see different perspectives from each of you.

As for those of you who cannot stay on topic and attack by baseless personal comments, I'm sorry your way off base. Just for your info, Todd is more than welcome to receive that membership fee when he offers something in that area that is of value to me. The free services are fine and are appreciated.

Reguardless, it's fun to see what each of you get out of it, and how you use the prediction board.

I pesonally think it's a good tool with room for improvement. I have no expectations of any changes because I know Todd has a full plate in handling this site.

Anybody else have any other angles on this topic?

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
        Charlotte NC
        United States
        Member #17406
        June 18, 2005
        4053 Posts
        Posted: July 17, 2006, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

The Prediction pages provide a controlled environment for LP members to post their predictions in a public forum and have the results validated by an unbiased independent party.  It's a good way for those members who like to brag to back up what they post.  I always check the prediction statistics of the braggers to separate the BSers from the serious posters.

Yes NodI think Fllippio's "Dash for Cash" separates the wheat from the chafe as well.  It's no questions asked, either you hit what you predicted or you go bust.

takeemtothebank

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
          FEMA Region V Camp #21
          United States
          Member #520
          July 27, 2002
          5699 Posts
          Posted: July 17, 2006, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

First of all, thank you all input. It's enjoyable to see different perspectives from each of you.

As for those of you who cannot stay on topic and attack by baseless personal comments, I'm sorry your way off base. Just for your info, Todd is more than welcome to receive that membership fee when he offers something in that area that is of value to me. The free services are fine and are appreciated.

Reguardless, it's fun to see what each of you get out of it, and how you use the prediction board.

I pesonally think it's a good tool with room for improvement. I have no expectations of any changes because I know Todd has a full plate in handling this site.

JKING,

Yes, I agree with you there could be ways to improve the prediction and results pages. Your original post didn't seem to focus on the improvements that could be made to it but some extraneous points such as a person posting their digits in ascending order and getting credit for a straight hit for choosing to use that technique in order to hit the straight.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

New Mexico
            United States
            Member #12305
            March 10, 2005
            2984 Posts
            Posted: July 17, 2006, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

JKing:

I apologize if I read you wrong.

The following options you offered appeared to invite indirect, impersonal attacks and opinions concerning those who use the Prediction Board for tracking their performance.  Similarly, the reference to unfairness as it pertains to the board, and the hint of an imbedded motivation with a hidden agenda on Todd's part in providing the board all suggested negative intent on your part.

The prediction board on this site is for people to lazy to track their own performance.

The prediction board on this site unfairly rewards people, via a top rating, who win big and never post again.

The prediction board on this site is nothing more than a vehicle to get people to reveal their winning system. 

Nevertheless, it's a fun thread.

Thanks for posting it, no matter what your motives might have been for doing so.

J

Egos don't count.

FEMA Region V Camp #21
              United States
              Member #520
              July 27, 2002
              5699 Posts
              Posted: July 17, 2006, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

I also disagree with these three statements.

The prediction board on this site is for people to lazy to track their own performance.

The prediction board on this site unfairly rewards people, via a top rating, who win big and never post again.

The prediction board on this site is nothing more than a vehicle to get people to reveal their winning system.

New Mexico
                United States
                Member #12305
                March 10, 2005
                2984 Posts
                Posted: July 17, 2006, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

I also disagree with these three statements.

RickG:

Each of those statements appear to be oblique attacks on the people who use the prediction board.

The choice of words and the particular approach to the entire subject seemed to be on the negative side.

On the other hand, the prediction board doesn't get discussed much.  I'm glad to see any thread that invites discourse about it.

Jack

Egos don't count.

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                  United States
                  Member #520
                  July 27, 2002
                  5699 Posts
                  Posted: July 17, 2006, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

JKING,

As you said in your original post, these are points for discussion. None of my responses have anything to do with you, I'm just accepting the invitation to discuss the points you brought up.

New Mexico
                    United States
                    Member #12305
                    March 10, 2005
                    2984 Posts
                    Posted: July 17, 2006, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

JKING,

As you said in your original post, these are points for discussion. None of my responses have anything to do with you, I'm just accepting the invitation to discuss the points you brought up.

Rick:

He likely wasn't referring to your responses.  More likely he was referring to mine.

After re-reading his original post and the subsequent posts, I haven't found any reason to have thought  differently than I did in my first reading (aside from his disclaimer).

However, we have a thread here.  An opportunity to discuss the prediction page and the value it offers.

Personally, I'd put it among the most valuable tools for lottery folks anywhere on the Web.

In addition to testing the systems and methods we use without having to try to track it in other ways or spend money doing it, there's also the ability to watch others and their successes.  To backtrack those successes to try to learn as much as possible about how they did it.

I did that on a rather lengthy basis when tntea scored 10 of 10 on the AT CAN Keno game.  I don't know whether I figured out how she did it, but the process of attempting to do so taught me a lot of things I didn't know.

This can be a positive thread.  A positive discussion about the virtues, and the shortcomings of the prediction page.  Might even bring about some changes if flaws are pointed out.

Jack

Egos don't count.

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                      United States
                      Member #520
                      July 27, 2002
                      5699 Posts
                      Posted: July 17, 2006, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

Jack,

I would also rank it as one of the best tools on the net. I don't know if you're familiar with the old Maybell's website but he had a similar feature and many of the members here came from that site when he closed down. We went a couple years without this feature on any site on the net. I like it because I'm a couple-buck-a-day lottery player but I like the option to play the lottery vicariously with no harm to the wallet. I'm sure there's others out there posting for this reason too.

Thanks to Todd for providing this harmless entertainment for us.

New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #12305
                        March 10, 2005
                        2984 Posts
                        Posted: July 17, 2006, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

Jack,

I would also rank it as one of the best tools on the net. I don't know if you're familiar with the old Maybell's website but he had a similar feature and many of the members here came from that site when he closed down. We went a couple years without this feature on any site on the net. I like it because I'm a couple-buck-a-day lottery player but I like the option to play the lottery vicariously with no harm to the wallet. I'm sure there's others out there posting for this reason too.

Thanks to Todd for providing this harmless entertainment for us.

Rick:

I agree. But in addition to harmless entertainment, there's a more subtle side to the predictions board that offers all kinds of advantages to players they couldn't get elsewhere.

One such is that the prediction board composites of wins from the previous day actually allows players (unfortunately, also lottery officials) to detect 'soft-spots' in the lotteries. Vulnerabilities to player attack.

For instance, I doubt seriously anyone would have noticed the ease with which WV can be beaten if it weren't for the predictions board and the LP members trying various techniques for beating it.

Similarly, I came to LP knowing nothing about keno games. But after using the predictions board against them, watching other players do so, I came to believe the opposite is true of the 'normally' held believe that they're tough and impossible.

I'm completely convinced any daily keno game can be beaten soundly and frequently.

This, while a live in a state where no keno game is available. I could have never learned such a thing without the LP prediction page.

It's a good 'un in too many ways to count.

Jack

Egos don't count.

Coastal Georgia
                          United States
                          Member #2653
                          October 30, 2003
                          1866 Posts
                          Posted: July 17, 2006, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

I kinda liked The Devils Advocate.

Keanu Reaves ,  Al Pacino... good movie !!

Let me not forget Charlize Theron...hubba hubba....

...DD

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                            Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23277 Posts
                            Posted: July 17, 2006, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

What follows is to promote discussion. It doesn't mean I believe it.

The Pediction board on this site is a good way to get your hard work stolen by others.

The Prediction board on this site may reduce your winnings because someone used you numbers.

The prediction board on this site does not reflect if your beating expection when it comes to replays.

The prediction board on this site to not reflect your true winnings and thus does not reflect your true dollars won to dollars bet ratio.

The prediction board on this site unfairly rewards people, via a top rating, who win big and never post again.

And so on...

One note, it is the only prediction board I know of on the web. And that alone gives it merit. And the hard work that hs already been put into it is appreciated.

Any opinions??

Silly statements. Crazy

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

New Mexico
                              United States
                              Member #12305
                              March 10, 2005
                              2984 Posts
                              Posted: July 18, 2006, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

One of the benefits of the predictions page that's been mentioned, but I'll elaborate, is the ability to test far-out notions nobody would ever be likely to check if the predictions page weren't available to allow it with ease.

For instance, at the moment I'm testing for repitition of numbers from July, 1995, over the spectrum of July, 2006, lotteries, most matrixes.  (described on the thread-link below.)

Celestial coordinates, moon phases, ect.

The fact the concept appears ridiculous probably assures it won't undergo testing in the scientific community, but it was inspired by the work of a Russian astrophysicist.  A report of that work is also located on that thread.

The predictions page, as offered to Premium Members, provides such a wide range of possibilities for testing and tracking, almost anything can be tried.  Any crazy notion, any wild hare.

And who knows?

Something might just turn up as a result. 

The scientific community isn't even looking in the ball park because there's a cultural bias on their part in favor  preserving their own careers instead of finding themselves destroyed, vilified, sneered at by their peers, and having to go live under a bridge.

Jack

(Edited in:  I don't know how the hell that link thing in the first paragraph happened.  I also don't know how to edit it out)

Egos don't count.