Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 12:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

No more Online

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 11 years ago by tntea.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
The Carolinas - Charlotte
United States
Member #21627
September 12, 2005
4138 Posts
Posted: July 17, 2006, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

@ Orangeman

I tend to agree. I think the Senate has too much foreign policy on their hands to mess around with this nickel-and-dime harrassment of the spoilage of society as we know it - online gambling. If this bill gets passed, and I have changed my stance on this and say it will pass at some point in time with perhaps a different version than what went through the House last week - I would say if it's passed within 5 years, I would be surprised.

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
    Charlotte NC
    United States
    Member #17406
    June 18, 2005
    4054 Posts
    Posted: July 17, 2006, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

@ Orangeman

I tend to agree. I think the Senate has too much foreign policy on their hands to mess around with this nickel-and-dime harrassment of the spoilage of society as we know it - online gambling. If this bill gets passed, and I have changed my stance on this and say it will pass at some point in time with perhaps a different version than what went through the House last week - I would say if it's passed within 5 years, I would be surprised.

Yes NodI hope you are right cps10.

takeemtothebank

United States
      Member #21627
      September 12, 2005
      4138 Posts
      Posted: July 17, 2006, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

Tenaj

I hope so too, but I have said in the beginning that this year it will certainly NOT pass, so that gives us a good year to pile up some more dough at the online store of choice.

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8391 Posts
        Posted: July 17, 2006, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

Don't count on this bill passing this year or next year. They will bounce the bill around so many times until it either gets tossed or adapted. They tried this back in February it didn't go far then.

Continue to play until the very last moment, keeping only enough cash in your account that for any reason it passes you wouldn't worry to much about losing. Should they suspend financial transactions.

Also remember uncle has a way of doing things that will be in favor for them if they can generate cash from a deal with the betting organizations then this bill won't pass. Because they will have succeeded in getting their slice of the pie.

United States
          Member #21627
          September 12, 2005
          4138 Posts
          Posted: July 17, 2006, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

I am thinking the same way four4me...they will get their share eventually and that may lead to pleasing legislation for us online players.

Stooges

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23348 Posts
            Posted: July 17, 2006, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

Don't count on this bill passing this year or next year. They will bounce the bill around so many times until it either gets tossed or adapted. They tried this back in February it didn't go far then.

Continue to play until the very last moment, keeping only enough cash in your account that for any reason it passes you wouldn't worry to much about losing. Should they suspend financial transactions.

Also remember uncle has a way of doing things that will be in favor for them if they can generate cash from a deal with the betting organizations then this bill won't pass. Because they will have succeeded in getting their slice of the pie.

Hmm... That's a really good idea.  If you have money in a click2pay account, you should be able to continue using it even after a bill was passed, because you're not "uploading" new funds from a bank account or credit card.

Even if a bill was passed this year, I think there will still be ways to fund an account.  It will just take more steps.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Poway CA (San Diego County)
              United States
              Member #3489
              January 25, 2004
              14120 Posts
              Posted: July 17, 2006, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

Todd, funding is not going to be the problem.  Getting your winnings transferred back into any financial institution in the United States will be.  That is the way it is designed to stop the gambling.

United States
                Member #21627
                September 12, 2005
                4138 Posts
                Posted: July 17, 2006, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

Todd

It will probably take a western union or a money order or something like that I am guessing. I do that with a lot of my accounts now anyway. And many of these places will cater to players by refunding wire fees, etc and returning them to the players' account.

And yes, once you have money in click2pay, they can't take that away from you. Can't you get a Debit card with c2pay? I have one with PrePaidATM and with NeTeller I think. It's been so long since I've had to take money out of an ATM with either of those.

Stooges

Saleo Paleo's avatar - Trek DS9worm3.gif
                  E-Town,Ky
                  United States
                  Member #3493
                  January 25, 2004
                  6348 Posts
                  Posted: July 17, 2006, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

The best way to do it is set up an account with an overseas bank,that you can transfer money back to your USA account,perfectly legal.

Saleo Paleo    

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23348 Posts
                    Posted: July 17, 2006, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

Todd

It will probably take a western union or a money order or something like that I am guessing. I do that with a lot of my accounts now anyway. And many of these places will cater to players by refunding wire fees, etc and returning them to the players' account.

And yes, once you have money in click2pay, they can't take that away from you. Can't you get a Debit card with c2pay? I have one with PrePaidATM and with NeTeller I think. It's been so long since I've had to take money out of an ATM with either of those.

Yes, I believe you can an ATM card.  I don't think there is anything in the bill that would prevent you from withdrawing cash using the ATM card.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                      Member #5344
                      June 30, 2004
                      23641 Posts
                      Posted: July 18, 2006, 12:03 am - IP Logged

Welcome to Tennessee.  Our gain is a loss for the off-shore boys and that makes me happy. 

Now, what do you see for Cash 5 tonight, July 17?  I see.......

2-19-29-31-32

7-16-19-32-39

9-19-24-32-39

I got several played for TN

03 09 12 20 23

02 09 23 25 38

03 12 23 30 32

03 09 12 29 30

03 09 20 24 29

03 12 21 22 30

03 12 22 24 34

03 12 20 27 33

03 06 22 25 38

06 09 23 26 36

06 09 26 29 33

03 06 09 23 24

02 03 06 22 24

03 09 12 20 23

02 09 23 25 38

03 12 23 30 32

03 09 12 29 30

03 09 20 24 29

03 12 21 22 30

03 12 22 24 34

03 12 20 27 33

03 06 22 25 38

06 09 23 26 36

06 09 26 29 33

03 06 09 23 24

02 03 06 22 24

I wheeled a few more at work and got two lines with three numbers.. basically I won my money back..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

United States
                        Member #10720
                        January 23, 2005
                        933 Posts
                        Posted: July 18, 2006, 12:11 am - IP Logged

tntea, are you still predicting for other states other than TN?

I am guessing the odds playing online may be better, I don't know, but don't they charge a heavy vig like an extra dollar per ticket? It would take a powerful algorithm to overcome that. 

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                          Dump Water Florida
                          United States
                          Member #380
                          June 5, 2002
                          3112 Posts
                          Posted: July 18, 2006, 1:42 am - IP Logged

tntea, are you still predicting for other states other than TN?

I am guessing the odds playing online may be better, I don't know, but don't they charge a heavy vig like an extra dollar per ticket? It would take a powerful algorithm to overcome that. 

That vig is only playing lotto using a butler service that actually buys the tickets so you pay for the ticket and the handling expense.

We're taking about playing Pick 3/4 online at betslips or the other place, where the company uses real state results, but books the bet themselves and pay out about 90% instead of 50% so if you have a system that almost plays at a profit it can be profitable playing online. 

I've been playing at the other place and never had a problem cashing checks, but will watch what's on account and the news.  I'd look on this period as an oppertunity, not a time to stop.  BobP

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                            Wisconsin
                            United States
                            Member #1303
                            March 27, 2003
                            1508 Posts
                            Posted: July 18, 2006, 7:08 am - IP Logged

The new Mideast Mess will delay any action on online gambling for at least another year.  The House vote will have to be redone and the Senate won't have time to act on it.  Play on!

Orangeman                           Party

I Agree! Most definitely !  It also bings to mind the past laws our govmnt passed against spamming. They went after one or two people for spamming and realized they can't devote the manpower and resources to it.  This will be no different even if it does become a law.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

CASHMAN's avatar - aim
                              Dunnville Ontario Canada
                              Canada
                              Member #15928
                              May 23, 2005
                              37 Posts
                              Posted: July 18, 2006, 7:16 am - IP Logged

I'm going to miss your input into the Pick 3 game. Sorry to see you do this! All the best in the future.

CASHMAN